What's new

The common capital of India and Pakistan

IMHO comparison between EU and South Asia is not apt. France and Germany, for example had more similarities in faith to start with than differences. Since independence gap that existed between communities has widened between the countries. So nobody will ever be ready to give. No one will be there to take.

Yeah, but whether we like it or not, at some point how the future of S Asia has to look like is a project we will have to undertake. I'm not saying it should be done this way...I'm just iterating that's all. Besides EU isn't all that off right- common faith or not they were fighting like rabid dogs till 1945.

Be a bit original Delhi is symbol of turco afghan power and dominance, a symbol of conquest. Do you really want to be identified with your previous masters?.

that is the practical capital..considering its position.. or else i dont mind patliputra(patna) becoming the capital.. from where ashoka ruled.. :oops:

Good point. Actually I hate to say this but there has to be devastating war. A war that will ultimately lead to no lasting gains. Only after millions die do humans realize what a waste it is.
Yeah, but whether we like it or not, at some point how the future of S Asia has to look like is a project we will have to undertake. I'm not saying it should be done this way...I'm just iterating that's all. Besides EU isn't all that off right- common faith or not they were fighting like rabid dogs till 1945.

Indeed !

Thats what makes the Article, in my humble opinion, ever so ludicrous because even when it comes to Indian Punjab & Pakistani Punjab - Our cultural practices are far from interchangeable...heck even our languages have evolved in different directions so whatever bond we may have is probably restricted to movies !

Articles like these must only amuse one, getting worked up over it is silly. We wince & cringe when many Indians make similar remarks but it's really harmless. The train has long left the station & it's on a one way journey. Any similarities are superficial & limited to a few segments. The countries, as a whole, have long back chartered different courses & probably different destinies. We cannot escape geography but that is all we cannot escape from.

Yeah that's nice. The East Indian states will get a boost. A summer capital can be setup in Srinagar.
that is the practical capital..considering its position.. or else i dont mind patliputra(patna) becoming the capital.. from where ashoka ruled.. :oops:

The relations can be like - Pak-Iran, there is hardly any much love and friendship, but no problems.

Good point. Actually I hate to say this but there has to be devastating war. A war that will ultimately lead to no lasting gains. Only after millions die do humans realize what a waste it is.

Well, one hopes that doesn't happen....

Back
Top Bottom