What's new

The Clash Within Civilisations: The Sunni-Shiite Divide

In general the Shias are cooler and more educated than the Sunnis. I realise that this is an Indian perspective and may not hold good elsewhere.

But by and large the Sunnis are poorer, more backward, and more fundamental in their outlook towards religion and other religions.

The Shias have their ultra-religious types too, but in my personal circle, they are the cooler dudes.

30-40yrs from now there won't even be religion anymore so who cares. Globalisation and social interaction via the internet is going to change the global perceptions in time. The world was always designed by those who held the greatest technology from the recurve bow to the nuclear weapon and if the Western world gave up on Christianity and adopted secularism (East as well) then soon so will the rest of the world. Idea always has been, if you want to stay ahead, then old customs, values and ethics has to change to adopt new processes and systems and its an ever changing process.

We wil break shia imperialisme in the middle east. Russia and china cant help you and this time america wont help tooo....

its a matter of time and littie iran syria wil fall down, irak is the next step. Nuri el maliki a syrian shia terrorist is the next.....

What are you planning to do with 10-15 million Alevis + Jafaris living in Turkey?

I wasn't talking about Sunni Muslims.They totally have my respect.my problem is with guys like the one I answered to in my previous post.

Do not listen to idiots like him they are the biggest enemies of Islam. My aunt married a Shia so I have cousins who are Shia and some of my other uncle and aunts are Wahabbi. My grandmother is also Wahabbi and her husband (my grandfather) is Sufi LOL. My family coexisting is testament to the fact that we can overcome our issues if we truly strive to do so.

The Sunni/Shia unity will never happen. That's why the Shias should stick together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wave:

Wahabbi/Salafi is Not islam.
Do not listen to idiots like him they are the biggest enemies of Islam. My aunt married a Shia so I have cousins who are Shia and some of my other uncle and aunts are Wahabbi. My grandmother is also Wahabbi and her husband (my grandfather) is Sufi LOL. My family coexisting is testament to the fact that we can overcome our issues if we truly strive to do so.

Thank YOU.
Shias have my support :)

The best way to stop Sunni Shia bloodshed is for us SUNNIS to stand by our SHIA Brothers and Sisters and confront these Lashkar Jhangvi Savages. We cannot allow these low life medieval Savages to destroy the name of Islam and destroy Pakistan.

I agree they are a terrorist group. But I also think Shias should always have special protection as well. I wish the iranian government would extent a hand for safety of paskistani Shias. I mean there is killing every other day. I honestly think it's the Stinky CIA Motivated as always. Trying to destablize pakistan and incite a regional war across the middle east. They sure train the Salafi/Wahabi rebels real good.

30-40yrs from now there won't even be religion anymore so who cares

We are going nowhere. :)

I agree they are a terrorist group. But I also think Shias should always have special protection as well. I wish the iranian government would extent a hand for safety of paskistani Shias. I mean there is killing every other day. I honestly think it's the Stinky CIA Motivated as always. Trying to destablize pakistan and incite a regional war across the middle east. They sure train the Salafi/Wahabi rebels real good.

Saudi arab is involved in our killing in Pakistan.

Aww bro, don't be so sad. I will give you Sunnis some support so you guys dont feel too alienated :partay:

On topic(in India): Shias are pretty prosperous in India, especially the Gujrati Shia businessmen who are ridiculously rich. Howveer, this middle Eastern rivalry is spreading to India and affecting our social fabric negatively. For example, in Kashmir, there has been some Shia-Sunni clashes in recent years (and the trend seems to be going upwards)...
It's the Wahabi AKA Salafi which is in bed with the CIA/American government thats causing all the problems trust me. There has always been war between Shia/Sunni for political reasons, but it was never Halal to kill shais. There are Salafi sheikhs that say it's halal to kill Jews,and Shias!!!!!! Neo-Salafism is just a CIA backed sect to create this tension.

yes....in UP and all, there are many shias who would say they would rather trust a hindu than a sunni or vice versa....many clashes have occured on muharram when the shia take a procession and the sunni create trouble...

It's not the sunnis. I never had a problem with a sunni. It's the Wahabi AKA Salafi. They have problems with Sufis too!! I think they should mind their own bussiness. B/C the Shias uprising is COMING SOON everywhere! Trust me.

It's not an ethnic problem, Shia is the diverse one out of the two. We are everywhere!!! LOL

We are going nowhere. :)

Saudi arab is involved in our killing in Pakistan.

Best way to slove this problem. IS to ban Wahabi sec. We banned it in Iran, But it's still a problem. It spreads like Wild Fire, so you have to be vigilant.

The Sunni/Shia unity will never happen. That's why the Shias should stick together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wave:

Wahabbi/Salafi is Not islam.

Thank YOU.

The real problem is there in that statement you made. They say you guys are not Muslim and you say it just as nonchalantly that they are not Muslims but in doing so both of you groups forget that neither of you has the power to judge.

You obviously haven't seen zanjeer zani of the crazy folks in Mumbai. youtube is your friend.

Zanjeer zani is really cultural. I know in other countries they go a bit extreme, which I dont approve of. But In Iran we dont go so extreme.

I'm telling you it's not the Shias. The Shias have extended a hand soo many times. What happend was after the 1979 Islamic revolution in Iran. The Sunni, aka Saudi Arabia pretty much knew the Shiasm is contagious. So, along with the CIA/American Government they started a massive Anti-shia/Anti-Iranian campaign,along with heavy funding and spreading of Wahabi to balance the two and keep the politically driven Shias away. Also the Saudi know Shais live on oil fields, if you what I mean! THIS SCARES THEM SOOO MUCH!!!

Your Shia leaders are just as bad as the Wahabbi Kings and sheiks.

Back
Top Bottom