What's new

THE BEST TANK IN THE WORLD.

Khalid Ibn Walid

New Recruit

Reaction score
IS Leopard 2 THE BEST TANK IN THE WORLD ?

There are two main development batches of the tank, the original models up to Leopard 2A4 which have vertically-faced turret armour, and the "improved" batch, namely the Leopard 2A5 and newer versions, which have angled arrow-shaped turret appliqué armour together with a number of other improvements. All models feature digital fire control systems with laser rangefinders, a fully stabilized main gun and coaxial machine gun, and advanced night vision and sighting equipment (first vehicles used a low-light level TV system or LLLTV; thermal imaging was introduced later on). The tank has the ability to engage moving targets while moving over rough terrain. It can drive through water 4 meters (13 ft) deep using a snorkel or 1.2 meters (3 ft 11 in) without any preparation and climb vertical obstacles over one metre high. The tank is powered with a turbo-charged multi-fuel V12 diesel engine that produces 1,500 PS (1,479 hp, 1,103 kW).

i think SINTEX is the best tank in the world....and they have a pretty good advertisement for that...

Last edited by a moderator:
Wrong section !!!!

But my opinion is Leopard IIA6 ....

every tank has specific purpose which vary from each country, a good tank for germany wont be a good tank for paksitan.

so there is no such term as good tank - because terrain is diffrent and requirment is diffrent too. terrorism , war , nato war etc.

You can call a tank like best as long as she is able to meet the requirements of your armed forces.

If you want an offensive tank forces to use them in large straight land sections of your country, You can create a heavy armed tank battalion with Leo-2A6 or somthing similar but If you think to use them in a mountainy areas against assymetric threats, Lighter Tanks will be more suitable selection for your armed forces. Leo 2A6 may be a reason of disaster for your armed forces If you attack on mountainy section of your land with this tanks...

It depends on so many factors. Based on overall performance specs though i would say the leo2A6 is the top tank the L-55 gun is not found on the Abrams. You never know though Merkava Mark IV was suppose to be one of the best tanks but when pit against insurgents that have access to google it wasn't so great.

I say future tank ALTAY from Turkey.

Due to a slightly smaller model Altay can move and turn faster.
It will use best technology and electrical systems.
Fire Control System will be better.
Survivebility will be higher.
Altay will use explosive reactive armour(dont know what leopard uses).
i think firepower is the same.

Back
Top Bottom