What's new

TF-X Turkish Fighter & Trainer Aircraft Projects

As An Engineer, I would put my trust into People who are actually working on these programs, Not to peoples who can pull a number out of their hat.

Why didn't Rolls Royce collab go through? Is BAE still involved?
According to news RR didnt't want to give full IP rights and didn't want Qatar to be involved(Qatar is 49% shareholder of BMC and BMC owns 50 percent of TRMotor). Thats the visible part of the Ice Berg. We can't be sure ıf this is true or not.

According to news RR didnt't want to give full IP rights and didn't want Qatar to be involved(Qatar is 49% shareholder of BMC and BMC owns 50 percent of TRMotor). Thats the visible part of the Ice Berg. We can't be sure ıf this is true or not.
That is a bullshit story that only one news outlet "reported" ages ago. Why would they care who owns the shares of TR MOTOR? What if it they cooperate with a different company and Qatar buys their shares too?

I can't even believe this has been taken seriously. These are multinational, multi billion dollar companies. They don't make deals based on who owns the shares of their customer companies. They make deals based on contracts that are thousands of pages long and which are carefully crafted by skilled beauracrats that protects their rights in any scenario.

That is a bullshit story that only one news outlet "reported" ages ago. Why would they care who owns the shares of TR MOTOR? What if it they cooperate with a different company and Qatar buys their shares too?

I can't even believe this has been taken seriously. These are multinational, multi billion dollar companies. They don't make deals based on who owns the shares of their customer companies. They make deals based on contracts that are thousands of pages long and which are carefully crafted by skilled beauracrats that protects their rights in any scenario.
Also let me add that qatar own 10s of billions of shares of companies in UK and alot of them are strategic companies and i dont see UK complaining about that.
This is just an excuse not to share critical tech with Turkey and thats the bottom line. Turkey must rely on their own companies like tei, asselsan and trmotor consortium even if it takes longer and not waste time with partners who will just drag us to dead end and to deliberately delay our progress

Qatar have a lot of share in German companies nobody of them complain about it:-). I mean billions of dollar, Turkey have to start working on engine self, thats the only way.

There is a small but important difference occur. Any company from Qatar will get share from lots of civilian projects or company when the company became strategic like in defence sector. Cards will be changed.

Last edited:
There is a small but important difference occur. Any company from Qatar will get share from lots of civilian projects or company when the company became strategic like in defence sector. Cards will be changed.
They are financing our defence industry as of now, we are not an economic juggernaut who can finance all of these fancy projects. We provide them a stable defence industry ecosystem in case they get sanctioned and provide them with boots on the ground if needed, and in return they make the wheels spin. It is all messed up but not that hard to understand why the government acts that way.

I do thing that Kale should become the company who will develop the jet engine for TFX. And the development of TFX engine should only be started after Kale is successful to replace SOM missile current engine with their home grown jet engine. Any difficult goal should be reached in step by step basis.

Last edited:
They are financing our defence industry as of now, we are not an economic juggernaut who can finance all of these fancy projects. We provide them a stable defence industry ecosystem in case they get sanctioned and provide them with boots on the ground if needed, and in return they make the wheels spin. It is all messed up but not that hard to understand why the government acts that way.

They are not financing our industry, they are buying enough share to control organisations, they are not making the investment, they are using us. In any circumstances, I can believe or trust them.

They are not financing our industry, they are buying enough share to control organisations, they are not making the investment, they are using us. In any circumstances, I can believe or trust them.
They are injecting capital. It is a mismanagement to let things come this way but this is how it is right now.

Notice that there are hundreds of Turkish companies like this. We lack the necessary infrastructure for investment in newer technologies and believe me as someone who did deal with Turkish investors it is simply easier to work with Europeans or Arabs.

Ağır lineer cebir işi yapan programı FPGA ile hızlandıran adama RasbPi ile de yapılır bu diyen investor gördü bu gözler.

They are injecting capital. It is a mismanagement to let things come this way but this is how it is right now.

Notice that there are hundreds of Turkish companies like this. We lack the necessary infrastructure for investment in newer technologies and believe me as someone who did deal with Turkish investors it is simply easier to work with Europeans or Arabs.

Ağır lineer cebir işi yapan programı FPGA ile hızlandıran adama RasbPi ile de yapılır bu diyen investor gördü bu gözler.

I know what you mean, but I trust Qatar neither any other Arabic country for the defence industry. In the case of Qatar, our relationship extraordinary, they investing capital for specific projects which are generally guaranteed by the government, there is no risk for them. Also, they acquire a significant amount of retail as well.

I do thing that Kale should become the company who will develop the jet engine for TFX. And the development of TFX engine should only be started after Kale is successful to replace SOM missile current engine with their home grown jet engine. Any difficult goal should be reached in step by step basis.

You have good intentions but do not have much information. The Som - Atmaca engine is a cruise missile engine, so its life is short, it does not require high metallurgy. TEI manufactures parts for turbine engines for world giants and is already testing the Turboshaft engine and will deliver it for field tests this year.

You have good intentions but do not have much information. The Som - Atmaca engine is a cruise missile engine, so its life is short, it does not require high metallurgy. TEI manufactures parts for turbine engines for world giants and is already testing the Turboshaft engine and will deliver it for field tests this year.
I have one question. Since TEI is 49% owned by general electrics, can they ever get a peak into designs or engine parts of tfx if TEI was to develop any?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom