What's new

Terrorists attacks Jinnah Hospital

Status
Not open for further replies.
LAHORE: Terrorists targeted Lahore’s Jinnah Hospital on Monday midnight to “free or kill” their fellow, who was injured in Friday’s attack on Ahmadis’ worship place in Model Town, leaving at least five persons dead and six injured.

Some 10 Ahmadis and terrorist Moaz alias Amir Moavia were under treatment in the hospital when the terror attack took place at around 11.45pm.

Acting Lahore police chief SSP Chaudhry Shafiq Ahmed told Dawn that four terrorists wearing police uniform stormed the hospital’s intensive care unit (ICU) on the first floor and opened indiscriminate fire on the policemen deployed outside the entrance to guard the injured terrorist.

“The terrorists then entered the ICU block where they had an exchange of fire with policemen present there. Failing to clear the passage to reach Moaz, they managed to flee,” the SSP said.

He said an ASI, two constables and a man and a woman were among the dead while four others injured. He said that one of the terrorists was injured in the gunbattle. “The terrorists came to either kill or free Moaz but they failed,” he said.

Soon after the incident, Jinnah Hospital’s chief executive Prof Javed Akram had claimed that “12 people were killed in the attack”. However, his claim could not be verified from the city morgue as only five dead bodies were brought there.

Punjab IGP Tariq Saleem said: “It was the security arrangements that prevented the terrorists from succeeding in their plan. They have fled towards Hingerwal and we are after them,” he said and sounded optimistic that police would soon hunt down the terrorists.

It was business as usual in the major health facility of the city when doctors, paramedics, patients and their attendants ran for their lives after the terrorists forced their entry into it from the rooftop.

“I was in the emergency when I heard gunshots. We locked ourselves in the ward. The firing continued for about 10 minutes,” Jinnah Hospital Medical Superintendent Dr Muhammad Hasan said.

Dr Moazam who was present in the cardiology ward told Dawn that everyone was running for his or her life. “My patients suffered a shock and I have been trying to make them stable,” he said.

Police and other law-enforcement personnel rushed to the spot after having been alerted by the hospital doctors. They cordoned off the area and took positions. “By the time the police entered the hospital building equipped with automatic weapons the terrorists had fled,” a police official told this reporter.

“However, the police thoroughly searched the building and the adjacent Allama Iqbal Medical College area for over an hour,” he said. The hospital lights were switched off during the search operation.

The injured terrorist Moaz is being shifted to unknown place.

The attack on Jinnah Hospital put more pressure on the government of Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif to crack down on militants in Punjab.

Only a day earlier federal Minister for Interior Rehman Malik had spoken in Lahore about the presence of militants in the province, indicating that a large number of them may be concentrated in ‘southern Punjab’. Mr Malik had held that these militants were born out of an alliance of convenience between the Taliban and Al Qaeda and the sectarian groups that have been active not only in southern parts of Punjab but in fact all over the province.

This promptly brought the federal minister and his PPP government at the centre into confrontation with the PML-N set-up in Punjab.

Punjab Law Minister Rana Sanaullah was quick to reject Rehman Malik’s assertions. He went further by declaring that the mention of Punjab or its southern districts as a possible area for a clean-up operation was part of an “international conspiracy”.

The statements made in the wake of the Jinnah Hospital incident provided more proof of just how far apart the governments in Islamabad and Lahore stand on an issue that may have the gravest of consequences for the whole country.

Responding to remarks that the attack on the hospital may have been aimed at either eliminating or freeing an assailant of the Friday’s strikes against Ahmadis, Rehman Malik said it was not in his “notice” that the suspect was being treated at Jinnah.

This obviously suggested that he would have asked the authorities to keep the whereabouts of the suspect secret.

Ignorant as the federal minister did sound, his latest remarks were tantamount to an expression of distrust in the ability and the will of the Punjab government to tackle the fast growing monster of militancy. It was a sign that if no one else, the centre and Punjab were moving towards a showdown on what have come to be known as Punjabi Taliban.

They are the "Shariff" Taliban, not the badmash Taliban.

I just read in the newspaper (The News) that those terrorists spent 90Mins in the hospital and had escaped in Police vehicles?

Can anybody confirm this please?

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

I just read in the newspaper (The News) that those terrorists spent 90Mins in the hospital and had escaped in Police vehicles?

On Saturday evening I waz going through Jinnah Hospital's front gate and thinking about Yesterday(Friday) events, attacks on Ahmede worship places. dozens were killed and hundreds were injured,.....and the stuff we were watching on TV channels

One terrorist waz captured and other injured one waz in Jinnah hospital ICU......looking at security at main gate entrance of Jinah hospital....I felt that the security is so poor and police is neglecting this aspect............ secondly Y that information came on TV that terrorist is in building.
There were only 3-4 policemen (unarmed) for security.....
I felt that, it might be possible that more terrorist come for his rescue ...and security agencies shouldnt neglect this aspect ............. and the same thing happened last night.

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

Terrorists came in police uniform

1100956409-2.gif

I dont understand one thing that the Taliban from what we have seen before have never tried to kill or get back one of their captured guys why now. Whats so special about this one. Or is there something else that is going on under the guises of Taliban.

RIP to the innocent souls. May God give strength to the families of deceased to bear the loss and pain and bless injured with fast recovery.

What the hell is this? Terrorists are striking at will they are choosing where to to attack, when to attack, killing in broad day light. How they are operating without any problem. Even after the high alert due to past attack in mosque. The problem of Punjabi Taliban is for real authorities should be serious about it. Kill all the pigs, there is nothing called good or bad Taliban.

I dont understand one thing that the Taliban from what we have seen before have never tried to kill or get back one of their captured guys why now. Whats so special about this one. Or is there something else that is going on under the guises of Taliban.

Not only that ............now the actions are quite different ....like Mumbai style.........

By the way I was comparing Pakistani Police with Indian Army in the last Friday's whole event.....;)

Not only that ............now the actions are quite different ....like Mumbai style.........

By the way I was comparing Pakistani Police with Indian Army in the last Friday's whole event.....;)

Muzabir jokes aside, what I think is that this is something bigger that what we think it is. Because in the past or until recently the taliban commanders and important ones have been captured and they never except for a couple of occasions have tried to kill them like the blast in Lahore last year. But this time it has gone too far, if we connect the dots the killings in Lahore on Friday, then Zardaris friend went missing, then this. And above all the fighting between the politicians, and Maliks high claims and statements about southern Punjab. What was he doing before sleeping. Further the cases are about to open up in the SC. So lets see what in store next.

Muzabir jokes aside, what I think is that this is something bigger that what we think it is. Because in the past or until recently the taliban commanders and important ones have been captured and they never except for a couple of occasions have tried to kill them like the blast in Lahore last year. But this time it has gone too far, if we connect the dots the killings in Lahore on Friday, then Zardaris friend went missing, then this. And above all the fighting between the politicians, and Maliks high claims and statements about southern Punjab. What was he doing before sleeping. Further the cases are about to open up in the SC. So lets see what in store next.

Dear, wt ur pointing is not credible..........I doubt on that politicians cant do such silly things............

Secondly no one never knew where thos Taliban commanders kept..............but about this injured terrorist media clearly spread his pressence in Jinah hospital ICU.

Zardari and his friend issue might be somehing else..............

Now u talked abt SC..................man I am seriously feeling that this SC cant do any thing .........people strugled for the judicary....but they disappointed us.

Corrupt people make corruption in seconds but it took SC years to descide his crime & panelty.

Theves theft and robbers robs in seconds but it took SC years to descide there crimes & panelty.

Pakistani people like crimnals like NS, BB Zardari as their leader how can u think that SC would make justice when all parliment is full of crimnals. And the constitution is also for crimnals......the bigger the crime the more and bigger flexibilities for him :)

....not only that GOP never acted on SC orders. So it seems to me a pupet SC.

Dear, wt ur pointing is not credible..........I doubt on that politicians cant do such silly things............

Secondly no one never knew where thos Taliban commanders kept..............but about this injured terrorist media clearly spread his pressence in Jinah hospital ICU.

Zardari and his friend issue might be somehing else..............

Now u talked abt SC..................man I am seriously feeling that this SC cant do any thing .........people strugled for the judicary....but they disappointed us.

Corrupt people make corruption in seconds but it took SC years to descide his crime & panelty.

Theves theft and robbers robs in seconds but it took SC years to descide there crimes & panelty.

Pakistani people like crimnals like NS, BB Zardari as their leader how can u think that SC would make justice when all parliment is full of crimnals. And the constitution is also for crimnals......the bigger the crime the more and bigger flexibilities for him :)

....not only that GOP never acted on SC orders. So it seems to me a pupet SC.

Well as I said that is my assumption and it can be wrong. But the one thing that I am sure about is that we are in this mess because of these stupid politicians, and even now they are just bickering and fighting with each other. Rather then focusing on the security and well being of the people. And as far as the SC well brother there is a process in place and they have to give every one an equal chance to present their case. So it will take time. :pakistan:

I can only repeat what I have posted many times before. In addition to the mullahs, there is a significant section of the society; this includes members of this forum, members of the security forces as well as media and general public; which has deep seated sympathy for these criminals. These people provide them with money, safe havens, transport, arms as well as means to buy uniforms. Thus it is easy for them to carry out murder of innocent Pakistanis. When it is done the same people argue in terrorists favor on TV and on various forums quoting instances of Isreal, USA and India.

As long as this condition remains, mass killings and suicide bombings will continue. I sincerely pray to Allah that these naïve people realize that TTP as well as all Islamic terrorists are only exploiting Islam. The main aim is to grab power. Demand of Sharia or Khailafat are just ruses to fool the simple public. GOP had accepted Sharia law for Swat, did it stop terrorist activity? Pakistanis have to understand that nothing whatsoever will
justify killing of innocent fellow countrymen in revenge.

Never in my life had I ever come across any one; even the staunchest of Sunnis in India or in Pakistan who called his son Yazid. However we hear that Taliban leader who died in drone attach was called ‘Abul Yazid’ or father of Yazid. I ask all those who call themselves Muslims that with so many names of Sehabas to chose from, why you have the select the name of Yazid. In my view this betrays a covert dislike of the Holy Prophet (PBUH) family that you deliberately chose name of murderer of Imam Hussain (RA) and then claim to be fighting for Islam!

You will see that Taliban lovers will again come out quoting Israelis’ attack on Palestinian as a justification for the attack on Jinnah Hospital. What else can one do but knock one head against the wall for such twisted thinking?:hitwall:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom