What's new

Terrorist Intel and claims

I think Communication Interception Is Done By Intelligence Bureau and for apprehending culprits, Special Branch is used because IB doesn't have power to arest people

Of course I do understand that but the letter referred is from Special Branch. IB sends intelligence reports directly to PPHQ if it wants to. Maybe they did send to to SB. Not a big problem, it's the same country :)

PPHQ stands for?

And Sire,,, There Are several "Hassas Idaray"Working in Punjab, SIG,CID,SB, but you specifically mentioned SB?

PPHQ stands for?

Punjab Police Headquarters

And Sire,,, There Are several "Hassas Idaray"Working in Punjab, SIG,CID,SB, but you specifically mentioned SB?

SIG does not collect intel and functions as a central CT coordination and investigation agency as it is a federal entity (being part of the FIA). Maybe you were referring to the now defunct Special Investigation Unit (later renamed Special Intelligence Agency), which was part of the CID but later made autonomous from the Police and put under the Home Department.

I don't know who collected the initial intel. I just stated SB since the letter reference number tells us that it was from SB.

PP CID has been really ineffective compared to CID in say Sindh. SB however has been performing admirably in Punjab.

Some information from US state dept, they say its credible..!!!

WASHINGTON: In a fresh warning, the US has said it has "credible evidence" that terrorists may be planning terror attacks at places frequented by its citizens in India, Pakistan and Middle East and asked them to be alert and take precautionary measures.

In a "Worldwide Caution" issued on Thursday, the state department said it continues to receive information that terrorist groups in South and Central Asia, including in India and Pakistan, may be planning attacks in the region, possibly against US government facilities, citizens or its interests.

Read more: 'Credible evidence' of terror attack plans in India, Pak: US - US - World - The Times of India 'Credible evidence' of terror attack plans in India, Pak: US - US - World - The Times of India

'Credible evidence' of terror attack plans in India, Pak: US - US - World - The Times of India

I apologize for not updating this for long. There was some interesting stuff that surfaced around two weeks ago, however I was, and still am, extremely busy with some stuff.

Owing to my schedule, I'll just post from Flashpoint:

The Pakistani Taliban have reportedly claimed credit for a grenade attack on a police patrol in Shabqadar, killing two and wounding two.

The Pakistani Taliban have reportedly claimed credit for a shooting incident targeting "apostate" police in Dera Ismail Khan, killing three.
The Pakistani Taliban have reportedly claimed credit for clashes with the Pakistani military in Matta in the Swat valley, killing two.

The Pakistani Taliban have reportedly claimed credit for clashes with Awakening movement forces in Mingora, Swat, killing 7 and wounding 14.

The Pakistani Taliban have reportedly claimed responsibility for a mine attack on a Pakistani army vehicle in Mohmand, killing four.

The Pak Taliban have reportedly claimed credit for an IED attack on "Awakening" movement leader and "major enemy" Hafiz Khalid in Naryab.

The Pakistani Taliban have reportedly claimed responsibility for destroying an "Awakening" movement base in Kalam in the Swat Valley.

Pakistani Taliban sources claim that a new U.S. drone strike has targeted a house in North Waziristan with four missiles, killing four.

Pakistani Taliban leader Qari Hussain Mehsud also promised "good news" soon regarding planned terrorist attacks inside the U.S. and Europe.

A new audio from Pak Taliban leader Qari Hussain Mehsud boasts that the US has shown "they are frightened" by naming TTP as a terror group.

The Pakistani Taliban have reportedly announced the local imposition of Shariah law in several areas of Khyber province in the northwest.

Tehreek-e-Taliban Swat group has released the fourth video of its series of propaganda videos through Fateh Studio. Video shows militants preparing for attacks, using anti-craft guns, patrolling in city areas, mortar attacks and finally a young suicide bomber ramming his car into a security forces mobile.

Tehreek-e-Taliban Swat group has released the fourth video of its series of propaganda videos through Fateh Studio. Video shows militants preparing for attacks, using anti-craft guns, patrolling in city areas, mortar attacks and finally a young suicide bomber ramming his car into a security forces mobile.

tailban are worst cunning jackals, they know that they can't fight with PA in field with mortar,guns and missiles.Their sole lethal weapon is suicide bombers and madressas are their nurseries.
thanks to saudi sheikhs for sponsoring the suicide bombers's nursuries in Pakistan.In the name of Religion they are producing
" Fitna of last regime"

if it doesnt violate the forum rules, could you post the videos please?

From Flashpoint:

The Pakistani Taliban have reportedly claimed responsibility for three explosions in the city of Lahore targeting local security forces.

The Pak Taliban have claimed credit for clashes with "Awakening" forces "backed by military helicopters" in Orakzai, causing 12 casualties.

The Pakistani Taliban have reportedly claimed responsibility for a bombing attack targeting a local police station in the town of Kohat.

Pakistani Taliban sources are complaining that the Pak gv't refers to such strikes occurring in Waziristan or Bajaur, instead of "Pakistan."

Pak Taliban: "they do not acknowledge these attacks are actually happening on Pakistani soil in order to avoid offending nationalists."

From Flashpoint:-

The Pakistani Taliban have reportedly claimed credit for a suicide bombing attack on a police station in Kohat, killing 5 and wounding 20.

The Pakistani Taliban have reportedly claimed credit for an ambush on a police convoy near Kohat, killing the Deputy Police Chief of Hangu

The Pakistani Taliban have claimed responsibility for a mine attack on a Pakistani army vehicle in Bara, killing at least five soldiers.

When did this happen ??

Any date with these claims ??

The last one is from today. The other two are a number of days old. I'm sorry, I cannot send the original source due to various concerns. You can consult this twitter feed for basic purposes - the text I posted is from this source. However, no image or video has been provided with this claim.

Tehreek e Taliban Pakistan has claimed responsibility for murdering journalist Misri Khan in Hangu. Claimed they did it "because he twisted the facts. He had a leaning towards the army in what he wrote... There will be other attacks against those who speak out against the Taliban."

LAHORE: The Ministry of Interior has warned the Punjab home secretary, the provincial police officer and the Punjab DG Rangers that a suicide bomber on board an explosive laden vehicle has reached Lahore to meet the given target.
A letter No 3/9/209-(O&I)-1368 with a subject ‘Threat Alert-440’, a copy of which is available with The News, was issued from the interior ministry, Islamabad, on September 17, Friday, asking the aforementioned officers to ensure extreme vigilance, heightened security and other preventive measures to avoid any untoward incident.
The text of the letter reads: “Reportedly, a suicide bomber named Obaid Ullah, aged 20/21 years, a resident of North Waziristan Agency, on board an explosive laden vehicle, Suzuki Alto, has reached Lahore on the night of 11/12 September, 2010. Known details of the vehicle are: (a) Suzuki Alto VXR Model 2008-09, (b) Registration No ICT 431, (c) silver color, and (d) visible cracks on top left side of the windscreen.”
It further reads: “The said vehicle will be used against an unspecified target in the area around the Minar-e-Pakistan. “No further details regarding date, time and specific target are available”, the letter concludes.

Back
Top Bottom