What's new

Terrorist attack on Ahmadi mosques in Lahore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Operation at Garhi Shahu completed. Both places are under control now. 2 arrested from Model Town.

Any further news .How many people are killed in this operation.

LAHORE: At least 20 people were killed when gunmen attacked worshippers from a minority sect in two areas of Lahore on Friday, police and rescue officials said.

The gunmen opened fire shortly after Friday prayers and threw grenades at two Ahmadi mosques in Lahore’s Model Town and Garhi Shahu neighbourhoods.

Some gunmen were still holed up inside one mosque in Model Town, police said.

“Some gunmen have managed to enter the worship place. We have surrounded it,” Illyas Saleem, a senior police officer in Model Town, told Reuters.

Witnesses said the attacks started shortly after prayers.

“I saw some gunmen run towards the Ahmadis' place of worship and then I heard blasts and gunfire,” Mohammad Nawaz, a resident, told Reuters.

Ahmadis are a minority Muslim sect founded in the late 19th century. Pakistan is the only Muslim state to have declared Ahmadis non-Muslims.

Its four million-odd members have seen their religious rights in overwhelmingly Muslim Pakistan curtailed by law.

Pakistan, a key US ally in the fight against militancy, is often the scene of sectarian violence, with militants from Sunni Muslim groups attacking Shia Muslim and Christian communities.

LAHORE: At least 20 people were killed when gunmen attacked worshippers from a minority sect in two areas of Lahore on Friday, police and rescue officials said.

The gunmen opened fire shortly after Friday prayers and threw grenades at two Ahmadi mosques in Lahore’s Model Town and Garhi Shahu neighbourhoods.

Some gunmen were still holed up inside one mosque in Model Town, police said.

“Some gunmen have managed to enter the worship place. We have surrounded it,” Illyas Saleem, a senior police officer in Model Town, told Reuters.

Witnesses said the attacks started shortly after prayers.

“I saw some gunmen run towards the Ahmadis' place of worship and then I heard blasts and gunfire,” Mohammad Nawaz, a resident, told Reuters.

Ahmadis are a minority Muslim sect founded in the late 19th century. Pakistan is the only Muslim state to have declared Ahmadis non-Muslims.

Its four million-odd members have seen their religious rights in overwhelmingly Muslim Pakistan curtailed by law.

Pakistan, a key US ally in the fight against militancy, is often the scene of sectarian violence, with militants from Sunni Muslim groups attacking Shia Muslim and Christian communities.

what a shame:tdown::tdown::tdown:

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un

RIP the dead...................death to terrorists.

Operation complete . All terrorists captured or Killed.
Punjab Pak Taliban has claimed responsibility.

Last edited:
Nope news dont usually say these many innocent ppl or these many guilty people dead .

The update is 30 people inside mosque are dead.
1 terrorist killed, i badly injured and 1 captured.

The injured are taken into jinnah hospital nearby and most injuries are gun shot injuries.

this is not so good, only 3 of them down. majority of casualty is the innocent,

Rip the dead .
Sparkling any news of ur cousin ..............Hope he is ok .

what a shame:tdown::tdown::tdown:

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un

Ahmedies are minority.
Prophet(PBUH) in clear words said
[B]لا نبی بعدی[/B]

Ahmedies call Mirza Ghulam Ahmed Prophet
so by defination they are not muslims

Todays incidents are attacks on our non muslim minority. Its duty of state to protect the rights of minorities.

Muslims weather shia, sunni, agha khani all condemn these attacks

Operation complete Punjab . All terrorists captured or Killed.
Punjab Pak Taliban has claimed responsibility.

did it say how many killers were involved in this act of crime against humanity?

Looks like firing has started again. There was a projectile fired from a rocket launcher or RPG fired at the police as well.

It amazes me to think there was no intelligence about this kind of terrorist operation. Operations of this magnitude require some planning days ahead, and are very prone to leaks. It is really strange to see how it got executed so successfully.

It amazes me to think there was no intelligence about this kind of terrorist operation. Operations of this magnitude require some planning days ahead, and are very prone to leaks. It is really strange to see how it got executed so successfully.

home department and intelligence agencies were issueing warnings and in news papers many reports came that terrorists were planning attacks against minorities and opposing sects but unfortunately our police failed to take appropriate measures

it looks like it has been a well planned attack. trust me without some sympathizers or helpers inside, they wouldnt have been able to carry out such a deadly attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom