What's new

Terrorist and killer Narendra Modi on TIME 2012 list is a shame

No PM needed bro. This is a discussion of wider import.

I asked you a question.

What is YOUR personal frame of reference on secularism.

That would help give some credence to your OPINION of Indian secularism.

Lets start with Hindus.

How often do you eat with them? Watch cricket, movies? Fight - verbal, physical?

How often have you gone to a Hindu friend's home on his festival to have some grub?

How often has a Hindu friend come to yours for the same?

Several, often but not always, occasionally

No PM needed bro. This is a discussion of wider import.

I asked you a question.

What is YOUR personal frame of reference on secularism.

That would help give some credence to your OPINION of Indian secularism.

Lets start with Hindus.

Do you have any Hindus in your family? First degree? Second degree?

How many Hindu girlfriends have you had?

Have you taken part in the whole nine yards of a Hindu shaadi?

Have you gone through a Hindu funeral cremation?

There is much more I would like to know, but this should be a good start to a debate with you on SECULARISM.

None in the family

several never discriminated against Sikhs Muslims or Hindus. most were Punjabi and pretty lol

yes have been to Hindu Punjabi and also Gujarati shaadi

Yes have been to a cremation.

Lastly two of my best friends are Hindu. One Punjabi and one Gujju

Everyone agrees today that modern, diverse democracies have to be “secular”, in some sense of this
term. But what sense? The term (along with the corresponding French term “laïcité”, and its derivatives)
has more than one sense. There are in fact many different meanings, but I believe that we

http://www.law.nyu.edu/ecm_dlv4/gro...osophy/documents/documents/ecm_pro_067143.pdf

provides a good definition

We are Indian. We are a country of 1.2 billion.

We have more religions, languages, colors, morphological features and ethnicities than most continents.

We have made all this work over 65 years.

And we are still together and growing richer and stronger.

Why would I as an Indian be interested in what some other small country's definition of secularism is bro?

We make our own and are identified by such the world over.

Btw, what do you expect by providing the "stats"? Those stats mean squat when one considers the size of population in India.

Stats prove that secularism does not exist in India in practice

A

Contrast that with any other country. Your naive attempt to highlight social ills as anti-secularism is nothing but uneducated guesswork and futile! And just, FYI, every society, no matter how advanced, has its own share of social ills.

I disagree

Asia Times Online :: Modi garlanded abroad, stained in India

Thanks to the person who sent me the link not naming them :woot:

I thought America didn't give him a visa?

do you realise i could tell you exactly the same thing.

You could but you would be wrong

I disagree

I thought America didn't give him a visa?

You could but you would be wrong

Stats do prove that India is an a great secular country.

Nobody can stop shree Modi sher of Bharat the haters gonna hate but we love him

modi_jpg_954872e.jpg

If this man comes to power you will see a new India a better India

Aryan I need to get home now. I will continue with you tomorrow with your leave if this thread is still hot.

Nobody can stop shree Modi sher of Bharat the haters gonna hate but we love him

[/IMG]

If this man comes to power you will see a new India a better India

More the people bash him,more his popularity increased.
I do believe pakistanis are voting against him:P instead of taking care of imran khan who is nothing more than a loud mouthed person:lol:

Modi have proved him as good administrator and we see development

One comment and that too BS! Like I said, you attempts to co-relate criminal and anti-social activities in a huge country like India to anti-secularism is uneducated and futile.

The link you provided gives an attempt to define secularism from different points of view. For one, secularism is concerned with controlling religion, while OTOH, religion is not the prime focus of secularism. In the latter the main point of the govt is to manage religious and diverse views fairly and democratically.

Now given that the Indian constitution is secular and there is an elaborate framework in the form of laws to manage religious views, which is enforced fairly, pray do tell me how does this equate to being an anti-secular society.

In your twisted mind, you are trying to equate anti-social and criminal behavior with anti-secularism. Does not hold any water mate!
I disagree
Then you dont know anything, you cannot comprehend or understand issues properly. Period.

Aryan I need to get home now. I will continue with you tomorrow with your leave if this thread is still hot.

no problem have a good one

One comment and that too BS! Like I said, you attempts to co-relate criminal and anti-social activities in a huge country like India to anti-secularism is uneducated and futile.

Just cos you say so does not give it any gravitas

Back
Top Bottom