What's new

Temple stampede leaves numerous dead in India

There are way many more Hindus....there are way many more Hindu temples...way many more festivals.....some temples are situated in pretty dangerous places......and the Hindu way to get into the temple is classic stampede territory. You know that as well as I do....why this attempt at playing the victim?

So you DO acknowledge there are way more Hindus, and some of our temples are situated in 'dangerous' places and it is classic stampede territory. (don't know that that means)

SO why is that there is no special arrangement made to prevent this kind of tragedy ? Why this discrimination to provide good administrative facilities for the Hindu's to pray to their god, in their country by their own govt. ? ..... because doing that is communal ?

Do children of these lesser gods need to administrative machinery to protect them from such gruesome death ? .... I guess hindus are just too primitive and their practices just to barbaric/primitive to deserve such treatment. You see, they are childrens of a lesser god.

After all you said it yourself, our temples are in dangerous places and stampede territory.

Mecca during Haj on the other hand is not stampede territory or not in a dangerous part of the world. :disagree:

I am as much angered as saddened by these regular occuraances . These mass gathering of people during festivals must be banned for a while. We clearly cannot control such masses in remote areas. People can definitely adjust praying to the less potent gods in safer places till we get out siht together .

Don't think that would be a good idea as some people might consider this to be a attack/danger to their belief system and a conspiracy to undermine their religion.

I am as much angered as saddened by these regular occuraances . These mass gathering of people during festivals must be banned for a while. We clearly cannot control such masses in remote areas. People can definitely adjust praying to the less potent gods in safer places till we get out siht together .

That's right. Lets just prevent these primitive hindus from following their beliefs because they are an inconvenience to you.

We will all now follow Jayron who will teach us how to pray to "less potent gods in safer places". :tup:

Don't think that would be a good idea as some people might consider this to be a attack/danger to their belief system and a conspiracy to undermine their religion.

jee..... you think so ? :angel:

Well even the Indian police doesn't respect these dead pilgrims. Check this horrible news article.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/centra...er-down-toll-claim-survivors.html#post4868365

I think that is distortion of fact. As per news coming in on national channels, the bridge was overcrowded and to control the crowd police restorted to Lathi Charge. It is being alleged that some pilgrims jumped into the river. Some sources are quoting that due to excessive crowd, one part of safety railing on the bridge gave away and that led to people falling in the Sindh river.
All this said, the manner in which local police tried to control the whole event is shameful.
I've been to some rural gatherings on religious occassions and can therefore tell you from my personnel experience that police treats people like animals. that coupled with mismanagement at such huge gatherings, is a receipe for human tragedy and disaster.

SO why is that there is no special arrangement made to prevent this kind of tragedy ? Why this discrimination to provide good administrative facilities for the Hindu's to pray to their god, in their country by their own govt. ? ..... because doing that is communal ?

That is the worst part of such tragedies. Administration should not consider the faith of people. Once importance of human life is understood, care should go into planning of such events. Categorizing people on faith is a dirty job for our politicians. A hindu life is as precious as that of any other faith and vice-versa.
this incidence is a clear case of mismanagement on part of District Administration, Police and above all Temple authorities. Such a large crowd was expected and another similar tragedy had happened in past. No lessons were learnt that time and i fear neither will they be even this time around.

That is the worst part of such tragedies. Administration should not consider the faith of people. Once importance of human life is understood, care should go into planning of such events. Categorizing people on faith is a dirty job for our politicians. A hindu life is as precious as that of any other faith and vice-versa.
this incidence is a clear case of mismanagement on part of District Administration, Police and above all Temple authorities. Such a large crowd was expected and another similar tragedy had happened in past. No lessons were learnt that time and i fear neither will they be even this time around.

You are blind to the obvious realities staring you in the face.

There was no Administrative facility because it was a mass congregation of Hindus. Since it has been a age old tradition since muslim rule and subsequent british christian rule to let the hindus take care of themselves, the present day govt. who has inherited this mindset, is just doing what has been done for centuries.

There is more administrative management in political rallys than for such pilgrimage sites and traditions which has been going on for centuries.

We are a secular nation, who made a muslim the head of Kumbha Mela organizing committee and he was only kicked out when a lot of Hindus were crushed to death during a stamped at a railway station. This is the reality of being a Hindu in India.

Stop hiding under the burqa of secularism and for god sake stand up for your religious rights. For your human rights.

Some people might think ? .... This absurd suggestion was not an attack on the hindu belief system ? (by a christian never the less). Conspiracy theory ? looks like you were attempting to dismiss an absurd suggestion by saying that it is not actually and attack, but people might THINK its an attack.

Worse you are attempting to discredit the valid hindu objections by linking them to conspiracy theorists. Don't play games sonny boy. You are that Tipu Sultan supporter right ?

Oh boy, I was just suggesting that it wouldn't be a good idea to jayron, Where did I discredit the Hindu objections, I was actually telling him about the objections that could be raised. Kyun yaar har cheez me negative dhoond ne ki koshish karte ho?

Guess the concept of brotherhood & humanity taught in the temple all fell apart when the Hindus found out the $hit had hit the fan :rofl:

Yaar kitna ghatiya insaan hai yaar tu.....pathetic puny internet guy trying to get attention, death of others is just a point making thing for. you...Nope its not your fault galti tere baap ki hai,,,us din chup chap so jaana chahiye tha.

Not politics but administration.

This was a Huge administrative failure, right ? Even a super cyclone in Orrisa killed only 9.

Try to see it objectively and you will see that Shivraj Singh Chouhan is busy wearing the secular 'muslim' cap during eid to worry about the safety of Hindu pilgrims and ensure it.

This lapse is more glaring if you observe that there already was a history of stampede death just a few years back.

Consider Hindu pilgrims death in Kedarnath.

Ever wonder why its always the Hindu pilgrims who die ? ......like unwanted children of a lesser god.

We cannot compare a cyclone to stampede .

We do have a history of stampedes in all parts of India . So it is true to say that there is a failure from the part of administration for not taking preventive measures taking into account the potential of a stampede .

I don't see how you came to the religious angle about it . It's not that Shivraj Chouhan was feeling "let some of these Hindus die in a stampede" .

We cannot compare a cyclone to stampede .

We do have a history of stampedes in all parts of India . So it is true to say that there is a failure from the part of administration for not taking preventive measures taking into account the potential of a stampede .

I don't see how you came to the religious angle about it . It's not that Shivraj Chouhan was feeling "let some of these Hindus die in a stampede" .

I am not comparing cyclone to a stampede.

I am comparing administrative effort taken to prevent death during cyclone and during Navratri/Dussehra. I though that was obvious.

One leads to 9 deaths, other one leads to 200+ deaths.

I already spoke of the religious angle, what more needs to be said ? The CM was very well aware of this history of stampede death which had occurred in the past. His lack of serious effort in ensuring protecting Hindu lives by taking appropriate administrative action is exactly what screams "let some of these Hindus die in a stampede".

Why should I not hold him accountable ?

Actually the administration provides policemen, but the arrangements for the utsav are made by the temple authorities. Generally the karyakartas(volunteers) of the temple run the show. They are worse than bouncers in clubs, the bouncers at least toss out drunks. They cannot control the crowds. The temple authorities are only interested in the gold, silver and cash devotees have to offer. Nobody bothers with a disaster management plan.

Back
Top Bottom