What's new

Tell you a true China (2).

Status
Not open for further replies.
don know when did we switch it into urban planing but it's ok. I had been in Beijing for 6 years and now in Guangzhou and dont wanna complain about the city layout at all, they're becoming more like what you are worrying about though. The residential district I live in is 10Kms or 30min drive away from downtown and my office. and now we have Parkson mall and 2 Mcdonald's (1 take-away) along the nearby shopping street and a bunch of bank outlets inside and around our "living zone", not mentioning about gyms, shops, restaurants and even a primary school within the area. you can locate my zone and its surroundings with google earth.;)

whatever predesign was drwan for the area, once there is buyer's market, there is business in consequence. believe me China can/will not copy western models and implement them to an inch.

Well, I sincerely hope China adopt a more mix-use, greener urban planning strategy. Concentrated/centralised "zoning based" strategy simply don't work and is problematic in the energy thirsty 21st century. I am concerned because urban planning is strategic importance, once you laid down the foundation of one strategy, it's hard to change to another one. Take US, France, and Britan for example, they have too much cultural and infrastructural baggages to change now, since to change would require tearing up the whole city, or country and rebuild it over again. China is still very fresh from modernisation, so there is still a lot of chances to change over for a greener, more energy efficient city planning strategy before it becomes too late.

btw, Neo is a pretty nice guy and just doing his moderating work here. lets be suggested and get back to a true China.

Well, I did not started this thread, and with respect to the original poster, I don't want to suggest that we change the title without his approval. That's all. But I do support changing the title for clarity.

Overseer said:
Well, I did not started this thread, and with respect to the original poster, I don't want to suggest that we change the title without his approval. That's all. But I do support changing the title for clarity.
btw, Neo is a pretty nice guy and just doing his moderating work here. lets be suggested and get back to a true China.

Since Mr. Wang hasn't logged in since Jan 10th, 2007 I suggest we change the title without his consultation, maybe in a democratic way.
KvLin, since you're one of our regular Chinese members can I ask you the favor to come up with a more approperiate title?
Thanks!
Neo

I think the original thread starter ("wang") was trying to say, he wants to show the world what China is really like, by posting links to photo of Chinese cities as to dispel some misconception about China.
"To show you" (Tell you) a "real face of" (true) China" is what he should have said.

:D a clever boy:lol:

Since Mr. Wang hasn't logged in since Jan 10th, 2007 I suggest we change the title without his consultation, maybe in a democratic way.
KvLin, since you're one of our regular Chinese members can I ask you the favor to come up with a more approperiate title?
Thanks!
Neo

Well Wang is apparently one of the launch-n-go players, who shuld've been responsible for their own topics instead of leaving them molested by Indian flame baits, by which Wang hasn't made his thread successful as a whole.

下面是我想对中国人要说的:以后不要总是发一些中国好的图片,应该发一些中国不好的图片,这样才能发人深省,而且不会引起外国人的反感,特别是印度人.
This is to say that we Chinese guys should display both positive and negative outlooks of China to make a comprehensive understanding,especially for some of the Indians.

I personally dislike this thread but the title itself goes basically like "A look on China" for exact messages. Whatever, time to get it to an end.

Okay, if thats the case I'll close this one down.

But we would love to have a thread "to display both positive and negative outlooks of China to make a comprehensive understanding".

Lets call it "A look on China", maybe KvLin would like to lead the thread. :tup:

I'll be glad to (time permitting), and I guess overseer would like to share his experience in China instead of sitting high up watching, whad you think, overseer?

I'll be glad to (time permitting), and I guess overseer would like to share his experience in China instead of sitting high up watching, whad you think, overseer?

Sure, I will contribute anyway I can. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom