What's new

Tejas Needs to Cross 6 Milestones in 15 Months

indians won't believe when i tell them whenever i see an LCA thread opened i jump into it and read it with same joy as i would be reading jf-17 thunder thread because both these planes signify the glory and prosperity of subcontinent as we share the same history together. And Indians should be proud of it no matter what. It would be nice to see them in action against each other but i wish that day should never come. :cheers:

appreciated man

a quote from somewhere is not a source.u need to do better

Well if you haven't noticed , its the project director of the JF-17 himself making a statement about the range , having improved value of 135 KM at 5m2 for KlJ-7 , what is a more credible source for you if I may ask ? :D

P.S You know how the information is revealed in Pakistan/China for their defense project ? No , it wont be in the formatted form/proper charts/interactive multimedia , you are looking for , because we aren't open about them unlike others , due to various factors .

indians won't believe when i tell them whenever i see an LCA thread opened i jump into it and read it with same joy as i would be reading jf-17 thunder thread because both these planes signify the glory and prosperity of subcontinent as we share the same history together. And Indians should be proud of it no matter what. It would be nice to see them in action against each other but i wish that day should never come. :cheers:
lol,you made a negative comment in one thread just minutes ago....
Any specific reason for sudden change of thought?

lol,you made a negative comment in one thread just minutes ago....
Any specific reason for sudden change of thought?
i may become unreasonable if i see facts distorted, nothing personal though.

Well if you haven't noticed , its the project director of the JF-17 himself making a statement about the range , having improved value of 135 KM at 5m2 for KlJ-7 , what is a more credible source for you if I may ask ? :D

P.S You know how the information is revealed in Pakistan/China for their defense project ? No , it wont be in the formatted form/proper charts/interactive multimedia , you are looking for , because we aren't open about them unlike others , due to various factors .

see in the same manner i don't believe the quotes of the drdo or HAL too.sorry to say

as i said earlier,if its 140km then good for u,but don't force me to believe it

see in the same manner i don't believe the quotes of the drdo or HAL too.sorry to say

No official words ? Why ? :D

P.S I believe in ' to each his own ' so that wasn't the thing I was going for .

These are the words of Dr K Tamil Mani, Director-General (Aeronautical Systems) DRDO.

DRDO Set to Increase Desi Components on LCA

So Tejas is longing for 80KM range but currently its range is 40-45 Kilometers. That means it is not ready for BVR encounters.

It is the astra missile which is currently only tested to 45 kms. Astra mk2 will have a range of 80 kms. He was speaking about the missile, not the aircraft or its radar.

But before astra enters service, Tejas will have russian and possibly european BVR missiles.

Guys I have some Gold Standard Info here :

RDY 2

The RDY was designed to add air-to-ground modes, in particular the ability to control Exocet and Kormoran 2 anti-shipping missiles. The 240 kg (530 lb) system has a 655 mm (25.8 in) flat-plate antenna scanning a 3.5° beam over a 60° cone at powers up to 120kW. Maximum range is 60 nmi (110 km) in air-to-air mode and 20 nmi (37 km) in look-down mode. The RDY can detect 24 targets, track eight of them and engage four targets at a time. The enhanced RDY-2 has a slightly greater range and adds a SAR mode.

GRIPEN

Ericsson PS-05/A pulse doppler radar
(can count anchored ships and follow road traffic at at least 90 km
and detect typical fighter sized targets at 120 km).
Total mass 156 kg, antenna assembly 25 kg, antenna diameter 0.600 m,
Max power consumption 8.2 kW (114/200V 400Hz AC) and 250 kW 28V.
Predicted MTBF: 170 hours (air operation)

Cooling air: 85g/s at 0oC, Cooling liquid: 3.5kW to be absored.
Electrical interface: MIL-STD-1553B data bus and fibre optic video
output to the display system.
Air to air scanning at 60 (at first 50) deg/s in either 2 120 deg bars,
2 60 deg bars or 4 30 deg bars. Surface mapping and search across 5 x 5 km
to 40 x 40 km with GMTI speed adjustable by the pilot.
Four basic air to air modes: Track While Search, Priority Target Tracking
gives higher quality tracking for multiple targets, Single Target Track
gives highest quality data, Air Combat Mode for short range search and
automatic target capture.

TEJAS

Antenna diameter 650 mm
Antenna gain 33 dB
TWT Power Output 6.5 kW (increaseable to 10 kW, 10% duty cycle)
Range 120 km against 2 sq.m RCS aerial target, >150 km for surface targets against sea clutter
All Up Weight (AUW) 130 kg

Since tejas has a 650 mm dia antenna and 10 kw max out put for it's MMR it is only logical that it can detect 2 sq meter target from 120 Km as with 600 mm dia 8.5 Km max output MMR grippen manages to track fighter sized(no RCS is given )targets at 120 Km.

Radar dome has screwed things up. If however he says it can fire 80km range BVR (Astra) I have no doubts regarding 150km range.

JF 17 BLK 2 will have a 105km radar but with changes to sub systems like navigation pod and IFR probe. 130km is range of upgrade for BLK III.

Global Attitude Heading reference System (GAHRS)
avionics-systems-2.jpg
Global Attitude Heading Reference System (GAHRS) is an avionics subsystem of JF-17 aircraft which provides high performance measurement of aircraft attitude by using highly reliable optical fi ber gyroscopes and accelerometers. GAHRS is a backup system of Inertial Navigation System (INS). In case of INS failure, it provides roll, pitch and heading information to Weapon Mission Management Computer (WMMC) using RS 422 interface.

Data Transfer Unit (DTU)
avionics-systems-14.jpg
Data transfer unit is an avionicssub system of JF-17 aircraft. DTU is used for mission planning, subsystem initialization and recording of vital inflight operational and technical data. Data transfer unit communicates with mission computer. It uploads the mission planning data to avionics sub-systems and retrieves in flight data via Rs422 interface. Retrieved data is used for operation and technical analysis.

Up Front Control Panel (UFCP)
avionics-systems-17.jpg
UFCP is a man-machine interface (MMI) for the avionics sub-systems in JF-17 aircraft. The basic functions include setting, altering and displaying the navigation/communication system's parameters. It communicates with Weapon and Mission Management Computers (WMMC) via RS 422 communication link.

Avionics Activation Panel (AAP)
avionics-systems-18.jpg

AAP is used to simplify pilot's operation by centrally activating / deactivating avionics subsystems in JF-17 aircraft. It has the provision for individual or group activation of avionics sub-systems.

so can some one now tell what are final specs after IOC2 of tejas like

1.wieght of LCA
2.angle of attack
3.G limit
4.max wepons take off wieght
5.fighting radius & ferry range
6.climb rate

among other ..Thanks in advance

so can some one now tell what are final specs after IOC2 of tejas like

1.wieght of LCA
2.angle of attack
3.G limit
4.max wepons take off wieght
5.fighting radius & ferry range
6.climb rate

among other ..Thanks in advance

As per the official brochure released by ADA.

• Service Ceiling 50,000 ft
• ‘g’ Limits +8/-3.5

DIMENSIONS
• Span 08.20 m
• Length 13.20 m
• Height 04.40 m

WEIGHT
• Take-off Clean 9800 kg
• Empty 6560 kg
• External Stores 3500 kg

* By calculation internal fuel must be around 3200.

As per article from TARMAK

LCA Tejas is capable of flying non- stop to destinations over 1700 km away (Ferry Range). It's Radius of Action is upto 500 km depending upon the nature and duration of actual combat.

Last edited:
No official words ? Why ? :D

P.S I believe in ' to each his own ' so that wasn't the thing I was going for .
because

EVERYBODY LIES

thats a dialogue from show house md by hugh laurie(dr house)

Back
Top Bottom