What's new

Tejas LCA project to cost more than Rs 13,000 crore over 35 years

A question to gurus, has a Tejas ever taken off with a Kaveri engine fitted?

A question to gurus, has a Tejas ever taken off with a Kaveri engine fitted?

Will most likely fly this year or early next year.Plans are underway after Kaveri reached its earlier specifications.Materials for turbine blades were developed in home.Blade throwing was controlled,Kaveri engine was stable under all conditions.

But the Kaveri in its current thrust levels is not sufficient for a fully grown Tejas.

since it will be waste of time developing the same engine for extra thrust,new developement was considered.

Will most likely fly this year or early next year.Plans are underway after Kaveri reached its earlier specifications.Materials for turbine blades were developed in home.Blade throwing was controlled,Kaveri engine was stable under all conditions.

But the Kaveri in its current thrust levels is not sufficient for a fully grown Tejas.

since it will be waste of time developing the same engine for extra thrust,new developement was considered.

My understanding is a bit different...I think they have reached the thrust level they wanted however there is still an issue with the weight...can you please share some more thoughts on this??

My understanding is a bit different...I think they have reached the thrust level they wanted however there is still an issue with the weight...can you please share some more thoughts on this??

The official statements

PIB Press Release

About 1880 hrs on engine test has been completed on various prototypes of Kaveri Engine. A total of eight Kaveri Engines and four core engines have been manufactured, assembled and tested. High Altitude testing on core engine has been completed successfully.

PIB Press Release

Kaveri Aero Engine being developed by Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) requires to be optimised for lower weight and higher performance so that it can be used for Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas and possibly for Indian next generation combat Aircraft.

The Government also proposes to import foreign engines for LCA. Technical evaluation of proposals received from two short listed vendors, i.e. M/s Eurojet (NETMA), Europe and M/s General Electric Company, USA is in progress.

This information was given by Defence Minister Shri AK Antony in a written reply to Dr. M Thambidurai and others in Lok Sabha today.

Samir / RAJ

PIB Press Release

Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has offered to co-develop and co-produce 90 kN thrust class of upgraded Kaveri engine with M/s Snecma, France to meet the operational requirement of Light Combat Aircraft (LCA), Tejas with 48 months from the date of project inception. DRDO and M/s Snecma are jointly responsible for engine design, development, flight trials and certification in Tejas. The modified Kaveri engine proposal provides comparable thrust throughout the flight envelope of Tejas. Minimum changes are required in the airframe to integrate this engine without affecting the weight and configuration of Tejas.

The proposal for co-development was considered by Indian Air Force. Indian Air Force has suggested a proven engine that is already in production and flight worthy for meeting immediate requirement. Request for Proposal (RFP) has been issued to reputed engine manufacturers.

This information was given by Minister of Defence Minister Shri AK Antony in a written reply to Shri Suresh Kalmadi and Shri Vilas Mutttemwar in Lok Sabha today.

SAMEER / RAJ

By the way, can any one let us know what is the so delay about the Tejas MKII engine?, any news lately on which was choosen btn EJ or GEF114?..

@ Mauryan , I think Kaveri has been de-attached with LCA programe .
And Antony told Parliament 2 days back weight reduction are underway for Engine and it will power LCA in future and AMCA as well .

My guess is even though high altitude testing went quite well , it still wont power LCAmark1 and next 100LCA mk2 ( RFI for 100 Engines is already out).

They will only test it on 1 Prototype this year separately ( not LSP4 or LSP5 ) , and tests will continue for fine tuning as per IAF req, but it wont power LCA till 2014-15 when Snmeca and GTRE JV Engine is finished

@jagjitnatt

weren't you banned yesterday...pretty fast recovery..eh..

I still believe PAF will have no more than 65-75 JF-17 by 2015.
But its still a good number. The production will ramp up but gradually. It won't start churning out 30 aircraft in 2012.

2009 - 8
2010 - 10
2011 - 12
2012 - 14

Like this, it will increase but slowly. Eventually in the end, it would be 25-30 aircraft, taking into account the aircraft being bought from China.

it was said kamra to manufacture 4 to 6 aircraft by 2009 end bt by 2010 feb KAmra successfully manufactured 14 aircraft(also i heard that 4 aircaft added again after few weeks means a full squarden)
so if we can make 14 aircraft in 8 months(in juluu mass production started and 14 aircraft in service by 2010 feb)
so we can also make 150 by 2050 too if nt total 150 then i am sure we will hav more then 100 jf-17's INSHALLAH

it was said kamra to manufacture 4 to 6 aircraft by 2009 end bt by 2010 feb KAmra successfully manufactured 14 aircraft(also i heard that 4 aircaft added again after few weeks means a full squarden)
so if we can make 14 aircraft in 8 months(in juluu mass production started and 14 aircraft in service by 2010 feb)
so we can also make 150 by 2050 too if nt total 150 then i am sure we will hav more then 100 jf-17's INSHALLAH

u want t o say that karma manufactured 4 in end 2009 and by 2010 feb they made another 14 ................:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

if 14 in two months so by 2015 i think around 500-600 jf17 or may be more
correct me if i considerd in less no

u want t o say that karma manufactured 4 in end 2009 and by 2010 feb they made another 14 ................:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

if 14 in two months so by 2015 i think around 500-600 jf17 or may be more
correct me if i considerd in less no

No i dnt mean that
i mean Kamra manufactured 14 aircraft in 8 months(frm july2009 to feb2010)
Serial production started in july 2009 and we got 14 aircraft in service by 2010 feb..
so mean if in 8 months we can manufacture 14 aircraft then by an year manufacture 21..now calculate your self

Why bringing in Pakistan and JF17 in this thread in the first place..?
We know the capabilities of Tejas and watever we spend on it is our money and we dont need sympathies from anyone of how we wasted our money.

p.s.: too many threads have been lost by starting this d*** measuring contest and i think this one is also destined to meet the same fate if not stopped.

Guys lets not deviate thru these troll guys.
It will be really a historic moment to see LCA in IAF . Whatever money it takes doesnot matter here, because India is building a fighter almost from scratch and co-developing the latest technologies which will result in a wonderful fighter and its experience will also help in developing the next generation fighter jets here in India.

"So, IAF should have its first Tejas squadron of 20 fighters by 2014-15. Even Swedish Gripen fighter's developmental cost was around Rs 12,640 crore,'' said an official.
=
=

If you had made a fighter jet of yours own, then you might know how much time & money it takes !!!!

plz don't give the example of jf-17.I am not talking about rental ones..:partay:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom