What's new

Teenage Tibetan nun sets herself on fire in China

Serta-11.jpg

here is recent pics of the crackdown

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

Götterdämmerung;2592823 said:
If you protest to restore the old cleric-feudal rule, you would get problems in any enlightened country. Try to restore cahtolic church ruling and overtrowing our secular system in Europe and see what happens.

I thought it's general knowledge that with the diminisching power of the church people came Renaissance and Enlightment. Renaissance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Age of Enlightenment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Secularization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They are protesting for more freedom and human rights nothing to do with what you claim

Actually didn't the lama's second in command say to stop burning themselves also suicide is forbidden. we can have several more burn themselves and it will not change anything.

---------- Post added at 04:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 AM ----------

Not everyone in Tibet is han. we have Huis and Kazakhs living there.

I know but China has sent millions of Hans to Tibet over the years to make the Tibetians minority in their own country.

what a waste-
first being a nun- depriving herself of joy of life-
and now committing suicide-
Lama should be convicted for approval of such acts-

what a waste-
first being a nun- depriving herself of joy of life-
and now committing suicide-
Lama should be convicted for approval of such acts-

Get your facts right he has spoken against it.

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

Dalai Lama, Desmond Tutu Denounce Chinese Government Crackdown in Tibet | News | Tibetan-English

Everyone knows it is the evil red bridage to blame for the unrest

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

Tutu, a former anti-apartheid activist often described as “South Africa's moral conscience,” referred to the Dalai Lama as the “most peace-loving person on this earth.” He called on China to allow the Tibetan spiritual leader to return to his homeland.

“God hasten the day when we will enter a free Tibet.”

Get your facts right he has spoken against it.

Lama is the only one you care- since he subscribes to your views on tibet- right?- Height of selfishness on expense of others lives-
Any words for the poor girl?-

Lama is the only one you care- since he subscribes to your views on tibet- right?- Height of selfishness on expense of others lives-
Any words for the poor girl?-

Did you even bother reading my post? first thing I said was RIP but this is not the first incident it's been going on for a while now

They are protesting for more freedom and human rights nothing to do with what you claim

If it was that case, then it would have been a civic movement. But all I hear are monks and nuns who are are going up in flames.

Tibetans are now free of clerical oppressions, because they are - in opposition to their forefathers - literate, they can chose to be religious or non-religious, they can chose the religion they want, they can have their own property and they don't have to provide bond-service to the monasteries, they don't have to suffer hunger and lead a precarious life. These are the fundamental human rights of any person and the absolute opposite to the interests of the monks and nuns.

t1home.child.troops.afp.jpg

young Tibetan looks at Chinese riot police officers in Kangding County
Picture speaks a 1000 words i might adopt this as my new Avatar.

I know but China has sent millions of Hans to Tibet over the years to make the Tibetians minority in their own country.

There are still more Tibetans then any others they still make 92 % up and the people sent there are because the Tibetans have noting to offer, I'm Hui and I've got Several Hui Friends working in Tibet on Rails and Infrastructure due to Tibetans not knowing how to do the Jobs. they are mostly agricultural people that and praising the lama thats all they have to offer.

Götterdämmerung;2592858 said:
If it was that case, then it would have been a civic movement. But all I hear are monks and nuns who are are going up in flames.

Tibetans are now free of clerical oppressions, because they are - in opposition to their forefathers - literate, they can chose to be religious or non-religious, they can chose the religion they want, they can have their own property and they don't have to provide bond-service to the monasteries, they don't have to suffer hunger and lead a precarious life. These are the fundamental human rights of any person and the absolute opposite to the interests of the monks and nuns.

They do not want to live under a Totalitarian brutal regime which shoots innocent people dead what more can I say? the same as the people of East Germany who were shot trying to cross the Berlin wall if you remember.

Did you even bother reading my post? first thing I said was RIP but this is not the first incident it's been going on for a while now

You should be condemning the act of suicide instead of China's legal right over tibet-
All i saw was a mandatory word "RIP"- and the usual blabbering about china-

They do not want to live under a Totalitarian brutal regime which shoots innocent people dead what more can I say? the same as the people of East Germany who were shot trying to cross the Berlin wall if you remember.

Millions of Chinese are travelling outside of China legally, there is no comparison to the former East Germany. You just have no clue what it was in the former GDR. And don't you dare to insult my compatriots from East Germany by comparing them with the buddho-fascist system that the Dalai Lama embodies.

Tibet has been creating problems for China since... well... Tang Dynasty. Emperor Qianlong of the Qing Dynasty fought hard to keep Tibetan rebellion in check.

However, I truly believe that modern civilization, as opposed to the repressive theocracy Tibet has historically lived under, will transform this land. Western media focus on the discontent Tibetans, but conveniently overlook millions of Tibetans who do support the Beijing governments. This is a power struggle between the historic interest and modern interest. Of course, western countries, bearing the "containing China" mission in mind, do not want to see a flourishing Tibet. It would forever remain a card to check China whenever they feel like it.

Back
Top Bottom