What's new

Team USA

Massachusetts Institute Technology

158124-59C_MIT.jpg

Trying to build a Terminator T-1000....

Last edited:
The IGNORE BUTTON is as awesom as this thread.

Actually I'm thinking of a new sub idea for this thread.
It should only be open to people whose country flag is not the US but whose location flag is.

You can then post some experiences along the lines of:

Currently I am in the state of.....(eg NewYork, California)
When I came here I was expecting .....(eg drive by shootings, police everywhere, streets paved with gold, military all over the place)
But the reality is .....(more potholes than gold, not much police, have yet to see an F15 nevermind an F22)
This place is pretty nice because of...
But this place sucks because of...
I'm still here because....(this is optional as it is not our business)......and my chances of going back in about .....years are probably.....%.

You can write more than just the above.

Then most important..at the end you pass it on to somebody else you have seen here with a US flag as the location.
I pass the torch to @VCheng

Last edited:
Currently I am in the state of Noo Yoik.

When I came here I was expecting to stay here two years and go back, so I wanted to see as much of the eastern half as I could in that time.

But the reality is that one thing led to another, and then another, and I ended up staying here on a permanent basis.

This place is pretty nice because of a society with a deep sense of fair play on level playing field that rewards any and all hard work.

But this place sucks because of the weather, which can be deadly, scary or just plain uncomfortable.

I'm still here because this country is far from perfect, but awesomely awesome nonetheless!

I pass the torch to @sandy_3126

Currently I am in the state of Noo Yoik.

When I came here I was expecting to stay here two years and go back, so I wanted to see as much of the eastern half as I could in that time.

But the reality is that one thing led to another, and then another, and I ended up staying here on a permanent basis.

This place is pretty nice because of a society with a deep sense of fair play on level playing field that rewards any and all hard work.

But this place sucks because of the weather, which can be deadly, scary or just plain uncomfortable.

I'm still here because this country is far from perfect, but awesomely awesome nonetheless!

I pass the torch to @sandy_3126
Currently i am living i the state of Colorado

I moved here due to professional ambitions, I was expecting bears and elk on the porch, till now haven't seen anything bigger than the garden variety deer yet.

I do miss southern California life, I miss the beach, the clubs, the bars, I do not miss the traffic, the rent and the expensive living.

I am here until I have a built a launchpad for my next leap. I know this that I will belong both to US and India in the future and wont limit my self to one country.

I pass the torch to @Skull and Bones

Last edited:
I'm a F-1 student in the state of New York.

I'm here for my graduate studies in the emerging field of Nanotechnology, will continue my studies to be a doctorate in the field in some top 20-30 universities, if i can get into.

New York was my priority thinking it has very good research institutions in the field, and the other choice was North Carolina. But i'm happy here.

The place is awesome because of the people, every morning i go out for a walk, i see strangers smiling and greeting, that feels good. And the scenery is good as Niagara falls is just half hour drive from my home.

The weather sucks, and the job market in Buffalo is dwindling, that's a bummer. I want to move to California after my MS, is possible.

As of now, i'm here for my academics and career.

I pass the torch to @Informant

I'm here for my graduate studies in the emerging field of Nanotechnology, will continue my studies to be a doctorate in the field in some top 20-30 universities, if i can get into.

Let me guess, CNSE, SUNY?
They have impressive facilities. But MIT still beats everyone's *** when it comes to Nano.

Let me guess, CNSE, SUNY?
They have impressive facilities. But MIT still beats everyone's *** when it comes to Nano.

No, i'm in University at Buffalo, but i have access to the labs in CNSE Albany. My work is mainly theoretical. After CNSE, it's the Rice University, in Nanotech. MIT is third i think.

No, i'm in University at Buffalo, but i have access to the labs in CNSE Albany. My work is mainly theoretical. After CNSE, it's the Rice University, in Nanotech. MIT is third i think.

No. MIT is first, Berkeley is second, mostly because of their Biomolecular research.

Back
Top Bottom