What's new

TATA Power SED's 155mm/52-cal Motorised Howitzer Detailed: by P.K Sengupta

TATA must aim to make this gun more indegenous.
55% is less TATA must aim for at least 80% indegenous parts in the system.

even though i will support this system over any other improted system. there is always scope to develop a 100% indegenous product from the experiance gained form this project.

:disagree: Why do we have this complex about indigenous parts? Who cares? I am more interested in how fast this competition will end (by the sad history of IA howitzer competitions) and how fast they can be provided to our forces, since it's a matter of the nations security.
OFB now will build modernised Bofors guns, not fully indigenous either, but as long as they deliver the round with good accuracy and will be reliable, I don't mind it either.

ANYTHING, that helps our forces to protect India is useful and highly welcomed, no matter which country it comes from!

:disagree: Why do we have this complex about indigenous parts? Who cares? I am more interested in how fast this competition will end (by the sad history of IA howitzer competitions) and how fast they can be provided to our forces, since it's a matter of the nations security.
OFB now will build modernised Bofors guns, not fully indigenous either, but as long as they deliver the round with good accuracy and will be reliable, I don't mind it either.

ANYTHING, that helps our forces to protect India is useful and highly welcomed, no matter which country it comes from!

+10000000!!!

Thus as a result India wilk lack a future Industrial base..

9gplif6e.jpg

http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian...ath-self-propelled-howitzers.html#post2835245

Looking at these specs, The Donar seems damn good with the least amout of crew....thus freeing up resources.

Thus as a result India wilk lack a future Industrial base..

Not really, because developing things alone is not the only way to improve the industrial capability, that's what companies like Tata already have proven. They don't take over so many foreign companies without a reason, but because to gain from them in fields were Indian companies lack behind currently.
Indigenous developments are important, but you have to take proven or simply better foreign parts, if your own don't offer the same performance. That's why even China is doing by using Russian engines, as long as Chinese doesn't offer the same performance.

Looking at these specs, The Donar seems damn good with the least amout of crew....thus freeing up resources.

The automatic system of course gives benefits in less crew sizes and the fact that it is a smaller system of the proven PZH2000 howitzer is also an advantage. And with the coming Vulcano ammo that is currently under development, ranges up to 100Km are said to be possible, which would make the system even more impressive. The sad thing so far is, that Ashok Leyland is pretty quiet about their JV with KMW and we don't know if they will might use a different platform at the end.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom