What's new

Tata Group to set up $5 billion steel factory in Vietnam

well dude tata is now close to a 100 bill doll company, if they have made a decision they r not idiots. their iq is prolly higher than urzz, thats why they have 15 bill in cash pile to invest. tata also bought a coal mine in indonesia, and is buying many in africa. they want to buy overseas assets and they have money. i dont understand what is problem???

In case you haven't heard, the Indian economy is imploding. There is no demand for extra steel in Vietnam (see post #43) or India. China has a massive surplus in capacity and giant economies of scale.

For Tata to claim they want to build a $5 billion plant in Vietnam is not credible.

When Tata makes a stupid announcement that makes no sense, I will expose the propaganda.

It makes no economic sense and I'm not happy when a leading Indian company goes around saying crap. They lose credibility.

Hey, ain't you guys said the same when Tata motors announced buying Land Rover and Jaguar, citing it was too small entity to manage a global band. Or when Tata steel acquired a steel brand 5 times bigger it's own valuation.

It's TATA, not Reliance(the guys you're giving loans :D ) .

Hey, ain't you guys said the same when Tata motors announced buying Land Rover and Jaguar, citing it was too small entity to manage a global band. Or when Tata steel acquired a steel brand 5 times bigger it's own valuation.

It's TATA, not Reliance(the guys you're giving loans :D ) .

If you want to take a shot at me, show me the link. Otherwise, feel free to apologize.

In case you haven't heard, the Indian economy is imploding. There is no demand for extra steel in Vietnam (see post #43) or India. China has a massive surplus in capacity and giant economies of scale.

For Tata to claim they want to build a $5 billion plant in Vietnam is not credible.

since we dont have martia2's permission, i will definitely email to tata steel to cancel the project immediately. for further advice ask mr martian2.

i dont know about vietnam but demand of steel in india is rising at a high rate, due to infra development.

If you want to take a shot at me, show me the link. Otherwise, feel free to apologize.

Not at you, but all the skeptics. Tata does what they claims, no matter how insane or impossible they might sound. And most of the production of finished steel will be imported back to India, as land acquisition in India cumbersome job for settling up a plant here.

lol ....i believe the MBA,s at TATA steel are definately more wise and are good at administration and decision making than our MARTIEN here....i would like to remind him that the MBA of his home Planet(Mars) is not valid on Earth

^he is arguing as if he is better than tata management ..i doubt he is genius enough to get even a job in that multibillion enterprise

^he is arguing as if he is better than tata management ..i doubt he is genius enough to get even a job in that multibillion enterprise

that is right.. he has no chance of getting through them.. even if he asks to work for free.. :lol:

And look what happened after the acquisition of Saab by some Chinese company, still operating at their all time high losses. While Tata turned a loss making company into a profitable one.

Ideology of every Tom, Dick and Harry is not in the level of Sir Ratan Tata.

I sincerely hope China acquires Hawker Beechcraft. :D

Taiwan's Formosa Group is currently building a $7 billion steel project in Viet Nam and that is just Phase 1; search on that please:oops:

since we dont have martia2's permission, i will definitely email to tata steel to cancel the project immediately. for further advice ask mr martian2.

i dont know about vietnam but demand of steel in india is rising at a high rate, due to infra development.

1. Tata's MOU dates from 2007. Five years have already passed. This means baloney.

2. Steel prices in India are falling. Imports are putting a lot of downward pressure. See second citation.

3. Look guys, we're going to come back in three years and Tata will still be in negotiations.

----------

Tata plans to set up steel factory in Vietnam - Business Today - Business News

"Tata plans to set up steel factory in Vietnam
PTI Chennai Last Updated: July 21, 2012 | 00:00 IST

Tata Group is holding negotiations with the government of Vietnam to set up a steel factory there with an investment of $5 billion, an embassy official said.

Tata (Group) signed a MoU in 2007 with the government of Hatinh Province in Vietnam to set up a steel factory and currently negotiations are going on between the two, Vietnam Ambassador to India Nguyen Thanh Tan said.

He observed that if the negotiations conclude, "it will be the biggest Indian project in Vietnam".

Currently, there are about 160 Indian companies in Vietnam.

Besides, he said, as part of strengthening relations between the two countries, a direct flight between India and Vietnam is likely to be introduced by this year.

The MoU between Jet Airways and Vietnam Airlines has been signed and a direct flight connectivity will happen this year, he added.

"We are yet to decide on cities. It may be between New Delhi and HaNoi or New Delhi and Ho Chin Min city," said.

Earlier, addressing members of India-ASEAN Sri Lanka Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Tan, on his first visit to Chennai, said currently two-way trade was at $3.9 billion and target of reaching $7 billion by 2015 looks "feasible".

In 2010, two-way trade relations was at $2.7 billion and within one year it increased by more than $1 billion, he pointed out.

India is one of the largest exporters to Vietnam which ships auto-components, rubber, pharmaceuticals, among others, while it imports tea, coffee, mobile phone equipment, meat, tobacco products from Vietnam, he said."

----------

http://www.steelguru.com/indian_news/Analyst_see_Indian_steel_majors_cutting_prices/273985.html

"2012-07-18 - PTI cited some analysts as saying that Indian steel majors may cut prices by the most in a year to counter cheap imports ..."

5 billions + news reported by india media + indian's business ethics = BOGUS BUSINESS !!! LOLOL...

are u a chinese or a pakistani?

i am guessing pakistani because u insulted only india and left out vietnam.

why did u choose singapore though?

Tata bought Corus steel and is the 7th largest manufacturer of steel in the world.

And Arcelor Mittal is the largest steel producer in the world, owned by Sunil Mittal (also, an Indian).

You should hope that pakistani industry does well; we wish you well..... but only if you got some time from the "terrorism industry".

Bata, in any case, is a canadian company ..... so even your "joke" is stupid. It sounds like a canadian company sets up a shoe factory in somalia, and pakistanis are getting excited.

Fantasies take you nowhere .. it's time pakistan woke up and see why it's failing, while the rest of our region is rising fast.

yeah my joke was stupid for stupid because i didnt bobble my head saying it
I just wonder why that you go to "Shine India" sites and enjoy India's success instead of coming to a failing country's site. when will you loose your obsession with Pakistan

Back
Top Bottom