What's new

Taliban issues Travel Advisory to citizens about travel to Pakistan

The link doesn't work, but that is a reputable Pakistani source. If the news really appeared there, it is probably true.

No country willingly takes back destitute refugees. India had to go to war in 1971 to force the return of the millions of Bengali refugees. Even Pakistan has not accepted the small number of Biharis and Bengalis who supported West Pakistan during that war and are still living in camps.
You are right, the story seems to have been taken down by the news website now.

Wonder why? It was there when I posted it

The Taliban has a lot of problems but one thing that is right with them is they are genuine, patriotic, honest and non-corrupt. That alone helps a country to progress. I have been saying since last year after Taliban takeover that Afghanistan has good future if Taliban stays in power. Afghanistan will likely surpass Pakistan and Bangladesh.

The Taliban has a lot of problems but one thing that is right with them is they are genuine, patriotic, honest and non-corrupt. That alone helps a country to progress. I have been saying since last year after Taliban takeover that Afghanistan has good future if Taliban stays in power. Afghanistan will likely surpass Pakistan and Bangladesh.

I don’t think it will surpass Bangladesh. If Bangladesh can surpass Pakistan, it shows Bangladesh is at least in a positive direction. But with the current situation in Pakistan, the amount of brain drain and economic damage is starting to get irreversible.

Taliban regressive thinking will not let that happen. Economy cant grow when 50% of the population has been banned from working. So many businesses that depended on women - salons, jewellers, clothing shops etc have closed down and they formed a huge part of the afghan economy. Building a few towers and dams cant even nearly compensate for that. If anything refugee crisis will become bigger in next few years and more and more Afghan refugees will come to Pakistan.

Also in the short term, the opium ban will be a huge factor contributing to negative growth, but it should yield positive benefits in a couple of decades.

As if our 100% of the population has lit the economic world on fire. 50% workforce firing at 100% capacity is better than 100% lazy haramkhors firing at 10%.

As if our 100% of the population has lit the economic world on fire. 50% workforce firing at 100% capacity is better than 100% lazy haramkhors firing at 10%.
Well thats one way of looking at it...but 50% of the workforce cannot fire at 100% without the other 50%. Imagine the number of men who worked in clothing stores, salons, jewellery stores etc they have probably lost their jobs. Even those who are not directly involved in women's products will suffer, say a guy who just sells fruits, he will no longer have women customers cause they are now broke and sitting at home.

Back
Top Bottom