What's new

Taliban commander surrenders for $100 by accident

The shifting dance continues. The Salon article lists the NATO claims, dutifully parroted by the media, which were subsequently acknowledged to be false.

Ok, so you connected Pentagon sticking up for its soldiers when they did mistakes with Pentagon outright staging Taliban commander's surrender. How is this anything other then bad conjecture or just uneducated trolling?

We've been through this, and you display your reading disability yet again. I never claimed he was a commander, NATO did.
It is up to them to provide independently verifiable evidence that this guy was a Taliban commander on the loose. Those making the claim need to prove it, not otherwise.

lol

You made the claim or better yet a theory that he was paid as an actor to stage this whole thing. A theory you cannot support.
It is sweet you trying to pin reading disability on me while you consistently ignore calls to show an ounce of proof about the incident in question being staged. Ounce of proof that isn't conjecture and jumping to conclusions.

Im slowly getting tired of you, so if you have something concrete to post do it by all means. Another round of you deflecting really isn't what i signed up for.

Lol - 100$ is still very big amount on that bastard; there should be no mercy on them as far as they don't have mercy on innocent people!

Lol - 100$ is still very big amount on that bastard; there should be no mercy on them as far as they don't have mercy on innocent people!

Do you, as an Afghanistani think this was possible?

In contrary to what the resident Tank Thing "thinks" i do have my doubts about this. Is it possible someone is so stupid to go turn themself in?

In contrary to what the resident Tank Thing "thinks" i do have my doubts about this. Is it possible someone is so stupid to go turn themself in?

If someone who is brain dead enough to don a explosive vest and blow himself in a crowded market so why not, such people are not exactly known for their education or intelligence.

Ok, so you connected Pentagon sticking up for its soldiers when they did mistakes with Pentagon outright staging Taliban commander's surrender. How is this anything other then bad conjecture or just uneducated trolling?

NATO made claims about certain incidents which were found to be completely false. NATO's credibility has been compromised in these matters.

You made the claim or better yet a theory that he was paid as an actor to stage this whole thing. A theory you cannot support.
It is sweet you trying to pin reading disability on me while you consistently ignore calls to show an ounce of proof about the incident in question being staged. Ounce of proof that isn't conjecture and jumping to conclusions.

You really need to open an English book again. NATO claimed he was a commander on the loose. I refuse to accept their claim unless they can substantiate it, especially given their past history of lies.

I am done with you and your desperate flailing.

Bottom line: They made the claim; they need to substantiate it. That's the way it works in the real world.

NATO made claims about certain incidents which were found to be completely false. NATO's credibility has been compromised in these matters.

You really need to open an English book again. NATO claimed he was a commander on the loose. I refuse to accept their claim unless they can substantiate it, especially given their past history of lies.

I am done with you and your desperate flailing.

Bottom line: They made the claim; they need to substantiate it. That's the way it works in the real world.

Aha, ok i see....you can't prove your claims and still deflect on reading disability.

Even if he isn't a Taliban commander, in a land where farmer's gear at day is handily replaced by AK's in the evening such a minor mistake, if it even is a mistake, wouldn't count much.
But one would assume ones images dont show up on wanted posters for nothing.

Also this in regards to we don't know anything about this man:

The BBC's Bilal Sarwary in Kabul says that Mr Ahsan is a mid- to low-level Taliban commander in the south-eastern province of Paktika. He is not thought to have commanded a significant number of insurgents.
But the IED attacks he is suspected of a role in were damaging enough to prompt officials into putting up numerous "wanted" posters in the districts where he was active, he says.

Afghanistan Taliban commander claims reward for his own capture

Now let's see if you have any source that this was staged?
I bet you are done with my desperate flailing! You got nothin' but BS....

maybe the guy was sick of fighting, and wanted out.. this was the only way he could get out of it all, and not die by us.. and not have his family killed by his fellow taliban and alqaeda? anyone thought of that???

no one is that stupid

Yeah, idiots are found everywhere.

Aha, ok i see....you can't prove your claims and still deflect on reading disability.

Even if he isn't a Taliban commander, in a land where farmer's gear at day is handily replaced by AK's in the evening such a minor mistake, if it even is a mistake, wouldn't count much.
But one would assume ones images dont show up on wanted posters for nothing.

Also this in regards to we don't know anything about this man:

Afghanistan Taliban commander claims reward for his own capture

Now let's see if you have any source that this was staged?
I bet you are done with my desperate flailing! You got nothin' but BS....

You don't seem to know the difference between someone repeating NATO claims and independent verification.

Read the Salon article again about the media blindly parroting NATO claims without due diligence. This time with a dictionary in hand, preferably.

You don't seem to know the difference between someone repeating NATO claims and independent verification.

Read the Salon article again about the media blindly parroting NATO claims without due diligence. This time with a dictionary in hand, preferably.

Again you direct to the source for which it's own founder stated that it's more tabloid then not. You pro.....and you somehow brought it together with the event at hand.

Wouldn't you think a story made up like that would be hard to pull off for NATO seeing that he surrendered to Afghani troops and (presumably)Afghani officials are giving statements about him?

Maybe in Afghanistan.

I spent $100 today just on food for myself :cheesy:

Again you direct to the source for which it's own founder stated that it's more tabloid then not. You pro.....and you somehow brought it together with the event at hand.

Wouldn't you think a story made up like that would be hard to pull off for NATO seeing that he surrendered to Afghani troops and (presumably)Afghani officials are giving statements about him?
Do you blindly believe in every news on media?

Or do you think that only Taliban conducts propaganda and ISAF doesn't?

You have no idea that exactly how far even media personel themselves can go to promote false news. War is much more serious business.

Here is a good research about ISAF propaganda: http://www.ugr.es/~revpaz/articulos/rpc_n5_2012_art3.pdf

Of course, member Developereo is just presenting his point of view in this thread. He is more cautious then you.

Why would this Taliban commander risk being captured for 100 dollars?

Something is not right here.

Back
Top Bottom