What's new

Taiwanese President Ma Ying-jeou signals no change on China policy as 2nd t

The 2 sides will be pulled together by economic and cultural means. Both sides have to take steps to relax on their own ideologies. Even DPP are talking about more interactions with PR China!

The more they unveil this place, there are more sh***t to loom large behind their facade!

DDP is saying that because they are not getting elected. So they need to change to the tune to get into power. If people of Taiwan want independence from China, then they would have voted in more DDP candidates. But people choose to cooperate with China and benefit from China's economic growth. So now, you see why Taiwan is cozy up to China.

DDP is saying that because they are not getting elected. So they need to change to the tune to get into power. If people of Taiwan want independence from China, then they would have voted in more DDP candidates. But people choose to cooperate with China and benefit from China's economic growth. So now, you see why Taiwan is cozy up to China.

In the last election, I could see on TV there were quite a no of young people who were standing platforms for Tsai Ingwen. But as I said, the FUNDAMENTALS: economy and culture are most important! So I am fairly optimistic the light Blues will change their minds eventually while I hope colour of the deep Blues will fade over time.

This kind of external pressure will improvement the quality of governance of CPPCC

That's because they don't have a job yet. Or they haven't understand the importance of maintain a peaceful and mutual beneficial relationship with their mainland region.

At the current economic growth rate, Mainland's economy doubles every 5 to 7 years and grows a Taiwan every 6 month.

That's because they don't have a job yet. Or they haven't understand the importance of maintain a peaceful and mutual beneficial relationship with their mainland region.

you mean DPP who stood platform for Tsai IW?

Well, you are an Indian. You don't exactly hide it very well. :P

Every Taiwanese, Vietnamese, Japanese, Aussie, Even Chinese (Like Ephone, Oceanx ), Americans, Europeans are all False Flag Indians.

Except Pakistanis and Select Chinese All are Indians or Indian False Flags for Chinese-Dragon. :lol:

I can throw you many links where he has accused many Nationalities of being Indians.

For China to progress further once they reach a certain point (and I'm not sure when will they reach that point), they will need political reform. This reform help Taiwan and Korea reach the next step in their political/economic development. If China wish to reform and bring democratic institutions to the local level, Taiwan certain can help. Why won't china create democratic zones where people can start voting for local officials. See how it work there and spread it to the rest of the country.

Already have a small experiment if you don't remember wukan ? More of these will take place over the next decade, however full democracy in china by 2020 unlikely but likely more open.

I would give up a LOT to see One China.

I was born in Hong Kong, and I was there standing in the middle of Central during the 1997 Handover celebrations.

Even if HK did not get full autonomy (as we currently have) then I would still have fully supported it.

If the ONLY chance of seeing a one China is to accept a different form of government, then I would accept that. I would accept almost anything to see China reunited again.

However, it is not the PRC who needs to make compromises. Almost every single country in the world recognizes the PRC as the true representative of China, as well as the United Nations. It is the RoC who is in the weaker position, they are the ones who will have to compromise, as President Ma is doing.

Taipei will be able to keep it's military in case of reunification maybe until 2050.

Well I believe Taipei will be given even more autonomy then HK in General due to several different reason.

next once Taipei is brought back we will be able to penetrate the first island chain and second, The KMT running China again ? it won't ever happen unless China is fully developed and the CPC will allow it not to mention the KMT past blunders are costing us to this day. in terms of that the DPP separatist must leave Taipei and go exile because they have shamed the name of Dr. Sun Yat Sen. and in terms of religious freedom open to all religions except Falun Gong for reasons most people know why.

Already have a small experiment if you don't remember wukan ? More of these will take place over the next decade, however full democracy in china by 2020 unlikely but likely more open.

One would assume that would be the case, indeed.

My (layman's) opinion is that the lower tier of governance would be electoral (like province officials/clerks) and the upper echelon would still be "chosen" by CCP elite from among themselves.

I agree that 2020 is extremely unlikely for full democracy. Virtually impossible.

A step by step no hurry.

But on the other hand, I don't see any benefit for Taiwan to see a democratic Mainland. Not all the people have the patient to play doctor game with Taiwan as the Party has right now.

A step by step no hurry.

But on the other hand, I don't see any benefit for Taiwan to see a democratic Mainland. Not all the people have the patient to play doctor game with Taiwan as the Party has right now.

The KMT wants to rule over the mainland again this has always been the dream they have had.

The KMT wants to rule over the mainland again this has always been the dream they have had.

They are more than welcome to try but their odds is lower than winning lottery twice in a day.

Taiwan ranks 5th in the provincial ranking in terms of GDP (after Guangdong, Jiangsu, Shandong hand Zhejiang) but will soon be overtaken by Fujian, Henan, Hebei, Liaoning and Shanghai.

When Shanghai overtakes Taiwan, it will be the first provincial region in the mainland that has a higher GDP per capita than that of Taiwan. We'll see that in 10 years.

They are more than welcome to try but their odds is lower than winning lottery twice in a day.

Taiwan ranks 5th in the provincial ranking in terms of GDP (after Guangdong, Jiangsu, Shandong hand Zhejiang) but will soon be overtaken by Fujian, Henan, Hebei, Liaoning and Shanghai.

When Shanghai overtakes Taiwan, it will be the first provincial region in the mainland that has a higher GDP per capita than that of Taiwan. We'll see that in 10 years.

Agree, the KMT ruling the mainland again is unlikely however I'm in favor of if the CPC allows the KMT and CPC unite and form a single party combing the aspects of both.

Agree, the KMT ruling the mainland again is unlikely however I'm in favor of if the CPC allows the KMT and CPC unite and form a single party combing the aspects of both.

I'm in for any solution with the unification with Taiwan if it's one vote per person.

Beijing has 20 million votes along.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom