What's new

Taiwan eager to restore ties with Philippines: President

Philippines inherit US‘s political or maybe legislation system, so they can only rely on US.

They can change their legislation system to get rid of relying on US if they want
szft517 said:
First, Taiwan's military strength and expenditure both surpassed Philippines far away, from this point, TW is an important customer of US. As for Philippines, we all know her military strength....Just an old little patrol boat with 50 years old does not even mean Philippines is an arms customer of US.
But TW can't stage a war to Phil if US dont allow.
szft517 said:
Second, I won't comment so much on TW, but from a mainlander, I have to say, we never take TW as an enemy, at least from the bottom of heart, neither could there be a war between China and TW. I do not think TW faces such severe threat. Her only enemy is Philippines. Now relying on China mainland's huge market and language advantage, TW has benefited a lot from China. China with a rapidly economic growth would be an important market of TW, without China's business friendly bureaucracy and privileges specified for TW businessmen, TW's economy will be stucked into an adverse situation. The current situation is that TW depend more on China and TW has a growing trade surplus every year towards China, which means they are making money. China can provide more economic opportunities for TW than US can. TW will have a sustainable growth without US
TW depend more on China ??? ...Nothing change, TW still shake hand with Japan-US to harm poor & coward China :pop:

Philippines inherit US‘s political or maybe legislation system, so they can only rely on US.

First, Taiwan's military strength and expenditure both surpassed Philippines far away, from this point, TW is an important customer of US. As for Philippines, we all know her military strength....Just an old little patrol boat with 50 years old does not even mean Philippines is an arms customer of US.

Second, I won't comment so much on TW, but from a mainlander, I have to say, we never take TW as an enemy, at least from the bottom of heart, neither could there be a war between China and TW. I do not think TW faces such severe threat. Her only enemy is Philippines. Now relying on China mainland's huge market and language advantage, TW has benefited a lot from China. China with a rapidly economic growth would be an important market of TW, without China's business friendly bureaucracy and privileges specified for TW businessmen, TW's economy will be stucked into an adverse situation. The current situation is that TW depend more on China and TW has a growing trade surplus every year towards China, which means they are making money. China can provide more economic opportunities for TW than US can. TW will have a sustainable growth without US.

I wouldn't regard Philippines as enemy of Taiwan. Why would Taiwan do that when its relying on Filipinas to clean the house and bath the kids. Its more like a employer/servant relationship.

TW depend more on China ??? ...Nothing change, TW still shake hand with Japan-US to harm poor & coward China :pop:

That is true, if you refer to military strength, which can be explained by US military base in SK and Japan.

But if TW dares to do so like you said, she won't wait until now. There are more than 50,000 Taiwan enterprises and 400,000 Taiwan businessmen and their relatives in China.

China signed Economic Cooperation Framework Agreement (ECFA) with Taiwan. China and Taiwan cooperates in the following fields:

E-commerce, Books and printing, films, transportation, airport construction in mainland, Air transport sales network in mainland, direct establishment of hospitals and other medical institutions, telecom industries, financial services industry, securities and futures market, and tourism.

All taiwan companies from the above industries can have the same privilege as Chinese companies, which means all the good policies for protect China's companies can be applied to Taiwan companies either. That is very huge sacrifice and compromise.
You know that if you invest in a foreign country, complex regulations and procedures to set up companies will drive you mad and your company will suffer many discrimination, but Taiwan companies are very easy to set up companies in China with few procedures than other countries. Never can TW find a second perfect place for investing like China.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economic_Cooperation_Framework_Agreement

http://www.mac.gov.tw/public/data/051116322071.pdf

I wouldn't regard Philippines as enemy of Taiwan. Why would Taiwan do that when its relying on Filipinas to clean the house and bath the kids. Its more like a employer/servant relationship.

Ok....good idea. It is true "housekeeping workers" with Filipine tags have always been famous for professional services and skills.

Well, no matter how spineless mainland China is, it will still take vn and ph as dogs. It will not hesitate to sink vn or ph ships or planes if provoked.

As for tw, well, there are many concerns as well and those on tw islands are at least ethnic Chinese. The goal for China is not only take it back but also rule it peacefully.

The scale is already heavily tilted towards to China. So taking tw back won't be that long and it will be very likely in the next 20 years.

Its Chinese mainland who is a coward. They dare not fight against US to take back TW, so now, China's territory Taiwan belong to US and TW dogs now only r used to bite cowardly China, not biting US's friends:pop:

Phil is US's friend but TW is US's dog

U can call dog or slave as partner if u want, but u cant change the fact that the partner cant stop the deal when unsatisfied (like Phil can force US military base out of her territory ) but dog or slave cant kick its boss out (like TW coz she will die without US's protection)
Even if US forces weren't involved. They can still defend themselves. Taiwan is heavily fortified and have well equipped Armed forces.

Wow most of you here are racist jerks well MAtopac can forget it his so called demands are nothing his sanctions are nothing and the victims of his nazi style calls like hitter himself will not forgotten its not safe for Filipinos to work in Imperial chinese territory so better to leave and find other places to work.

Back
Top Bottom