What's new

T-129: New Kid in a Block of Attack Helicopters

We could do the same with another platform.. the question is why was A-129 chosen?

If we made a deal with the Russian we have had Turkish version of K-52 alligator! Co-devellopment like T-129

images

1509764.jpg

K-52 is a very beatifull and powerfull helicopter that I would want Turkish Air Force to have, too. But it think NATO stantardization forced us to make a deal with Italy, our only NATO ally who was eager to make such a deal with this percentage of indigenous contribution.

Edit: I believe Turkey lost great opportunities for technology transfer during the cold war because of its internal problems.

The Muslim Nations should build their own weapons. At first they build with advanced nations as joint ventures and later produce their own. Everyone has to start somewhere and develop with time.

Unfortunately Turkey is missing out on a lot of good things due to NATO. I am hoping that stand-alone projects might help us overcome some of the difficulties, but because of the dependancy on our allies in NATO at the moment, we have to play nice/smart.

Because NATO is still a remnant from the cold war era, and that mentality is still existing if you look around. See how Russia is hoarding/currying favors with old sovjet countries, or how the US and Russia are still sensitive about the missile shield etc.

The only time I see this dissappear is when countries stop making guns... which isn't going to happen.

So I think it's important that Turkey gains the necessary knowhow to reach a high level of independancy before we can push our limits. We have to be smart about this.

That russian made helicopter looks quite feisty, and i agree that our T129 looks similar to the LCH from India, did they use the same structure ?

what? similar to LCH ? I doubt both of them similar.

On other thing, Russia wouldn't like to cooperate with Turkey due to some history, Russia disliked Turkey due to Georgia war experiences.

T-129 same class as AH-1W Super Cobra.. It cannot be compared to Apache.

T-129 is the best choice for Turkish army requirements. Lower take-off weight with capability of carrying more payload than AH-1W makes T-129 one of the best in its class. Especially, Hot-High performance of T-129 is the main factor Turkish Army will benefit in a hell geography like S. East Turkey...

Send some 10-15 tonnes two-rotor Ka-52 to Sharp hot-high mountainy areas of Hakkari, Sirnak to fight assymetric threats and saw How They will be downed/crushed... Those areas are so f@cking places for rotor crafts flying among the rocky mountains to find some mountain monkeys that the helo developed has to had much more hourse/power/weight ratio than expected..

so T-129 has abnormal hoursepower/weight ratio on his body. Such a powerfull light helo is needless in flat areas. She is something like a jet powered car in order to dive among rocky mountains to launch the munitions...

T-129 is the best choice for Turkish army requirements. Lower take-off weight with capability of carrying more payload than AH-1W makes T-129 one of the best in its class. Especially, Hot-High performance of T-129 is the main factor Turkish Army will benefit in a hell geography like S. East Turkey...

Send some 10-15 tonnes two-rotor Ka-52 to Sharp hot-high mountainy areas of Hakkari, Sirnak to fight assymetric threats and saw How They will be downed/crushed... Those areas are so f@cking places for rotor crafts flying among the rocks to find some mountain monkeys It the helo developed has to be powerfull...

so T-129 has abnormal hoursepower/weight on his body. Such a powerfull light helo is needless in flat areas so She is something like a jet powered car in order to dive among rocky mountains to launch the munitions...

T-129 is best we can get at the moment, only heli that is more suited is Viper and US has no wish to give complete prouction rgihts of it with indigenous avionics.

I didn't meant to say KA-52 necessarily just that in the past Russians had develloped a Turkish version named as Erdogan KA-50 that why i mentioned it, there are enough more capable advanced attack helocopters which might fullfill TSK requirements much better then t-129! To say t-129 is best for TSK's requirements isnt convincing for me if the military don't share your views..

Turkey's MMW radar developed by Meteksan
1-2-1.jpg

Isnt This the MMW Radar they devoleped?

tara0003-3.jpg

off topic!

Brothers what might be the cause of this design deference with MILDAR ? long bow and arbalet have similar design features (somehow) however MILDAR looks totaly deferent! dont know guess there is a 3th option we havent seen MILDAR yet :) JK ?

answer; because of SAR and ISAR (modes) ?

long bow

LongbowUTA.jpg

arbalet ( russian )

arbalet.jpg

96925.jpg

Back
Top Bottom