What's new

Syria - Tank ammunition blast

Manticore

RETIRED MOD
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
[video]http://www.********.com/view?i=e6c_1363716204[/video]

Does RPG hit at the right place causes ammunition blast even in the latest tanks?

Looks fake to me ..Angle of shot and many other things do not match . But whatever got the tank , it was pretty good.

'Latest tanks?'

Syria also uses some pretty old tanks.
Look at this one. First tank stepped onto a AT-mine and second tank was hit by AT-missile.

You could see flames from inside the driver's cupola though the tank didn't blow into piece like the video you posted.

Last edited by a moderator:
@ANTIBODY

The MBT of the SA is the T 72 (probably the tank in the video) which is known for its terrible layout of the ammunition. One hit that would normally damage other thanks can blow up the entire turret and kill all crew members inside. This feature and the complete lack of any crew comfort were typical for several tanks designed in the Soviet Union.

The newer Russian tanks have been designed better than the Soviet ones. For example when T 90s during the Chechen Wars survived several direct hits from RPGs and other AT weapons and still managed to get back to base on their own power, while US M1s were knocked out by Iraqi insurgents using RPGs as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom