What's new

Syria resolution: India kept out ‘automatic’ intervention

china and russia felt cheated over the libyan vote and put their feet down this time. this time it happens to be syria. there are other reasons and there is a thread dedication to its discussion.

but i would like to hear it from pakistani members what is the (geo)political calculus for pakistan in this because i noticed pakistan voted for the resolution as well. it was known many hours before the vote that china was going for the veto anyway, and chinese envoy to u.n. probably didn't even have any conversation with his pakistani counterpart before the vote. still, it is going to be nice to learn why pakistan took the position it took. arab leaguists i could guess (ideological rivalry with iran i presume? correct me if i am wrong); but what is pakistan's strategic stake in this?

Since its creation in 1947, Pakistan has always depended to western support to attack India. That is why they would not oppose western position on Syria.

Russian and Chinese hold good amount of Market in Syria they didn't wanted to loose this and they didn't wanted to give upper hand to NATO on all it want.

Syria and Russia Defence contact more than 15 Billion
China export to Syria more than 5 Billion Dollar

After the Veto it would expect more market for both countries.

India has no interest in Syria, it only feed it's needs to butterfly in its capacity.

---------- Post added at 01:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 PM ----------

Well, china has no either, only standing with Russia plus deviate the Weat.

Back
Top Bottom