What's new

Surya missiles-16000km range ICBMs of India

Status
Not open for further replies.

indianpatriot

BANNED
Reaction score
According to the report, the Surya is an intercontinental-range, surface-based, solid and liquid propellant ballistic missile. The report further adds that Surya is the most ambitious project in India's Integrated Guided Missile Development Programme.The Surya is speculated to have a range between 12,000 to 16,000 kilometers.

As the missile is yet to be developed, the specifications of the missile are not known and the entire program continues to remain highly secretive. Estimates of the range of this missile vary from 12,000 km to 16,000 km. It is believed to be a three-stage design, with the first two stages using solid propellants and the third-stage using liquid. In 2007, the Times of India reported that the DRDO is yet to reveal whether India's currently proposed ICBM will be called Agni-V (or Surya-1).] As of 2009 it was reported that the government had not considered an 8,000-km range ICBM.

Class: ICBM
Lasing: "Surface based",Underwater based in certain strategic areas & "Submarine" based is its most important aspect which may range up to 12,000 km
Length: 40.00 m
Diameter: 2.8 m
Launch Weight: 80,000 kg
Propulsion: First/second stage solid, third liquid
Warhead Capabilities: 3-10 nuclear warheads of 250-750 kilotons each
In Service: 2015
Range: 12,000 - 16,000 km

Why can't they integrates Nuclear warheads into GSLV or PSLV and change some sub systems to make a decent 16000km range ICBM.

India doesnt need 16,000Kms missile.. Agni-V is is more than sufficient for our immediate strategic needs.. Infact Agni-III itself is quite adequate.
Our INS Arihant SSBM with K-4 missiles gives us virtual ICBM capability.

Why can't they integrates Nuclear warheads into GSLV or PSLV and change some sub systems to make a decent 16000km range ICBM.

SLV's take weeks and even months to prepare for launch, by which time the war will be over. Also, the vehicle assembly buildings and launch pads can be easily taken out.

India doesnt need 16,000Kms missile.. Agni-V is is more than sufficient for our immediate strategic needs.. Infact Agni-III itself is quite adequate.
Our INS Arihant SSBM with K-4 missiles gives us virtual ICBM capability.

To protect yourself against the big bully USA in the possible scenario in the future.

This is fake. There is no such missile.

Exactly.
If I am not wrong, there were plans to buy something like this from Russia.

And as usual, it is posed like a Bharti made.
I dont even think Russia would sell ICBMs to anyone. :confused:

Both India and Pakistan need to arm with the 10000+ km nuclear capable ballistic missile to show to the West that we can screw you up as well.

Exactly.

I dont even think Russia would sell ICBMs to anyone. :confused:

Your statements are self-contradicting. Is there any basis to your claims that India plans to buy ICBM from Russia?

Your statements are self-contradicting. Is there any basis to your claims that India plans to buy ICBM from Russia?

Exactly.

I dont even think Russia would sell ICBMs to anyone.

Please look on the quote.
I think I saw this somewhere, so I am not sure.

Anyways, this fact is true, about so called 'Surya' that it doesnt exist or anything is like that.

I guess time to close the thread.

Exactly.
No actually you are wrong... :)

This is fake. There is no such missile.
No there is some surya missile project but i am not aware of the range and the thread opener is saying it will be in service by 2015, i highly doubt that. Also if India is testing such long range ICBM, then its better they test ASAT at the same time because after this there will be lot of noises made all over the world.

How ignorant you are. MTCR prohobits any country to export any missile having range > 300 km.

surya dosent exists as of now, but Who knows, they might b developing some. but its not high on priorties. for near future agni 5 is sufficient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom