What's new

Sukhois set for Gwalior as IAF evolves new tactics

CONNAN

Reaction score
Country
India
Suman Sharma / DNAFriday, July 9, 2010 2:29 IST

New Delhi: As part an upgrade and to evolve new tactics in aerial warfare, Indian Air Force’s (IAF’s) Gwalior-based Tactics and Air Combat Development Establishment (TACDE) will for the first time receive frontline fighters Sukhoi-30MKI by the end of this year.

Gwalior is essentially a base for French Mirage-2000 fighters.
TACDE is an aerial warfare training institution which devises combat tactics for its top fighter pilots. The Sukhois will replace MiG-27s, which will go back to their original bases in Kalaikunda, Hashimara and Bagdogra in the east.

A source said the new Sukhois being manufactured by Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) will be based in Gwalior. The numbers are not certain as of now, but it could beanything close to a squadron.

An assortment of fighters in the IAF inventory are sent to TACDE to evolve tactical procedures for various aircraft, implement standard operating procedures and train pilots in operational doctrines.

TACDE was conferred presidential standards in November 2009.
At present, its training inventory includes MiG-21 Bisons and MiG-27s. While the existing Sukhois are being upgraded, the Union cabinet recently cleared an order for 42 more to be manufactured by HAL, raising the IAF Sukhoi strength to more than 250.

Great , after Kalaikunda the Gwalior base is the most advanced air-base and has the best integrated ADS in India .
Biggest advantage is all will be linked to Phalcon operating from Agra aerospace .

iam surprised why did A premier TACTICS AND COMBAT DEVELOPMENT ESTABLISHMENT took so much of time to introduce Su-30's after a decade??

iam surprised why did A premier TACTICS AND COMBAT DEVELOPMENT ESTABLISHMENT took so much of time to introduce Su-30's after a decade??

Not just that --this premiere institue did not even have Mig 29 fighters -- Mig 29 fighters represented the cutting edge aircraft for IAF during 90's.....

Also the fact that su 30's are being inducted so late speaks volumes !! Looks like a case of pure negligence !!

Gwalior_Airbase_Madhya_Perdesh_3.jpg

Not just that --this premiere institue did not even have Mig 29 fighters -- Mig 29 fighters represented the cutting edge aircraft for IAF during 90's.....

Also the fact that su 30's are being inducted so late speaks volumes !! Looks like a case of pure negligence !!

It could simply be that being the best fighters in our armory they were required at other bases to counter probable threats.

Gwalior is my home city and it is common to see and hear low level formations of Mirages everymorning. Later my room mate during my engineering degree became flying officer at IAF and got posted at Gwalior airbase. Later I visited him here and he gave me an exclusive tour of facility and I even sat on a Mirage poilet cockpit :smitten: . I was there all day and saw closely the IAF operations. Cannot wait to see the Su-30 in formations over Gwalior sky. :D

now i m being quit jelous from u .
hum !!!!!!.
ok. now best of luck to enjoy su-30mki.

It could simply be that being the best fighters in our armory they were required at other bases to counter probable threats.

Yeah thought about it --- but then i thought IAF has enough planes to counter any emergency threat ! In case of hostilities IAF can always divert aircraft from the Gwalior base, afterall another top line fighter MIRAGE is stationed over there ! TACDE is responsible for training the cream of our pilots -- what good will come out of the institute if it doesnt have the appropriate equipment. Surprised to find No mig 29's and Su 30 's -- Pakistan on the other hand has their F16 to train at their Top gun'esque school.

Gwalior is my home city and it is common to see and hear low level formations of Mirages everymorning. Later my room mate during my engineering degree became flying officer at IAF and got posted at Gwalior airbase. Later I visited him here and he gave me an exclusive tour of facility and I even sat on a Mirage poilet cockpit :smitten: . I was there all day and saw closely the IAF operations. Cannot wait to see the Su-30 in formations over Gwalior sky. :D

Well i already seen lot of MKI things during my college days..

And i must say MKI perfectly suit her name -- "rambha" :D:D

Back
Top Bottom