What's new

Suggest good books

Spring Onion

PDF VETERAN
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Dear All

Kindly suggest some good books Recent/Old .

Its been a year dint read a book though started but unfinished as reading Burton Russell needs full concentration.

So anyone who has flare for good books please suggest.

If you want to read something educational & interesting, I would suggest Descartes' Error by Dr. Antonio Damasio.

Descartes' Error

Description

In the centuries since Descartes famously proclaimed, 'I think, therefore I am,' science has often overlooked emotions as the source of a person's true being. Even modern neuroscience has tended until recently to concentrate on the cognitive aspects of brain function, disregarding emotions. This attitude began to change with the publication of Descartes' Error. Antonio Damasio challenged traditional ideas about the connection between emotions and rationality. In this wonderfully engaging book, Damasio takes the reader on a journey of scientific discovery through a series of case studies, demonstrating what many of us have long suspected: emotions are not a luxury, they are essential to rational thinking and to normal social behaviour.

Even people without a clue regarding neuroscience can enjoy reading & learn from this book.

what is your category of choice

and would you like ebooks in PDF file

read das kapital :)

das-kapital-bank.jpg

If you are into si-fi stuff especially astronomy related, this is an interesting read. Read it long ago, still remember it. Its about colonization and terraforming of the red planet. It has 3 books in total namely Red, Green, and Blue Mars by Kim Stanley Robinson.

KRS+trilogy+1992-1996+first+British+editions.jpg

If you have not read yet,I suggest Return of the king;Battle for Afghanistan. It was an astonishing workpiece to read especially for someone who is near kpk region.

Dear kitty,

I kindly suggest "The name of the rose" by Umberto Eco. i believe you could relate to it on several levels.

:) Thank you Audio for forcing others to suggest otherwise I was having a long face thinking no on has time for books even to suggest.

Tathastu(get what you ask for)
Getting things done

Astronomy ???

The monk who sold his ferrari.

Robin Sharma :) sure thanks good work will read indeed.

If you want to read something educational & interesting, I would suggest Descartes' Error by Dr. Antonio Damasio.

Descartes' Error

Even people without a clue regarding neuroscience can enjoy reading & learn from this book.

Thank you. will surely have it in few days if available in my city or Islamabad. Have NO clue about the book so will surely get it .
what is your category of choice

and would you like ebooks in PDF file

Well almost everything . During my primary schooling say 6th grade I read "The God Father" and also started reading Imran Series :P (Pakistani members must have read it) detective type but with humour science/fiction).

and from there on almost everything from fiction to science to geopolitics.

as far as ebooks and PDF : Well NO a big NO. I LOVE Books in hands/solid copies. The solid copies under my ownership gives me feeling that I have a treasure seriously. And I am really greedy about letting go my books.

read das kapital :)

das-kapital-bank.jpg

Thank you Imran Bhai already have it in my library
If you are into si-fi stuff especially astronomy related, this is an interesting read. Read it long ago, still remember it. Its about colonization and terraforming of the red planet. It has 3 books in total namely Red, Green, and Blue Mars by Kim Stanley Robinson.

KRS+trilogy+1992-1996+first+British+editions.jpg

:D in the past I tried to read Cosmos but end up leaving it for reading after sometimes . So surely will get these three but not soon.
If you have not read yet,I suggest Return of the king;Battle for Afghanistan. It was an astonishing workpiece to read especially for someone who is near kpk region.

Good read indeed the interesting thing is he is comparing Karzai's failure with earlier rulers' ones.

Thank you all. But keep pouring names . Books are my darlings

Dear All

Kindly suggest some good books Recent/Old .

Its been a year dint read a book though started but unfinished as reading Burton Russell needs full concentration.

So anyone who has flare for good books please suggest.

Read these books
203-NobleLifeOfProphet_3d1.jpg

Noble Life of The Prophet (3 Vols) by By: Dr. Ali Muhammad Sallabi

212-BiographyOfProphet_3D.jpg

Biography of the Prophet (S) (2 Vol. Set) By: Shaikh Abdullah @Spring Onion @Imran Khan

R12-IdealMuslimah-3D.jpg

Ideal Muslimah (Muslim Woman) By: Muhammad Ali Al-Hashimi

Last edited by a moderator:
Read these books
203-NobleLifeOfProphet_3d1.jpg

Noble Life of The Prophet (3 Vols) by By: Dr. Ali Muhammad Sallabi

212-BiographyOfProphet_3D.jpg

Biography of the Prophet (S) (2 Vol. Set) By: Shaikh Abdullah @Spring Onion @Imran Khan

R12-IdealMuslimah-3D.jpg

Ideal Muslimah (Muslim Woman) By: Muhammad Ali Al-Hashimi

Thank you Zaravan. I would like to read such books by NON Muslim authors . It gives you chance to compare, and scan and filter and come out neutral.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Zaravan. I would like to read such books by NON Muslim authors . It gives you chance to compare, and scan and filter and come out neutral.

Lady a Non Muslim can never understand the Muslims love for PROPHET SAW what you should do is listen and read books written by those who have converted to Islam non Muslims because of their kufr would have biases lady they can never be clean from bias and we have to judge through Quran and Sunnah not what Non Muslims have to say about something

Back
Top Bottom