What's new

SU 30 MKI Vs RAFALE SPECS

it is all depends on mission profile , tactics and of course man behind the machine......

You forget the J-10B which will most probably be the best air-superiority fighter in South Asia this decade.

Oh man,I feel pity on you :lol:.you talking about the J 10 B as best air superiority fighter in SA region?? That is a crap.I think you would not know about the SU T 50.This would be the best sophisticated one,and this one would be in the service with in a decade.

19 JUN, 2012, 08.53PM IST, PTI
Sukhoi fighters to be equipped with BrahMos missiles

NEW DELHI: India is moving towards joining the club of few countries having air-launched cruise missiles with a proposal to equip IAF's frontline fighter aircraft Su-30 MKI with BrahMos.

The Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS) is soon expected to consider the proposal of the Defence Ministry to procure the air-launched version of the 290-km-range BrahMos supersonic cruise missiles for the Indian Air Force, sources said.

The proposal involves sanctioning of funds for the integration and testing of the BrahMos missile on the Russian-origin Su-30MKI of the IAF, they said.

As per the plans, the first test of the air-launched version of the supersonic cruise missile, developed jointly by India and Russia, is to be conducted by December-end.

Sources said two SU-30 MKI of the IAF would be modified indigenously by the Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) at its Nasik facility where they will also be integrated with the aerial launcher developed by the BrahMos.

The BrahMos missiles integrated on the Su-30s will help the IAF in achieving the capability to deliver a deadly-blow to enemy formations from stand-off ranges of around 300 km without getting close to them.

The air-launched version, they said, will be lighter and smaller than the land-based version of the missile so that it can be fitted to the aircraft.

One of the two speed boosters in the missile has been removed for the air version of the weapon system as after being launched from an aircraft moving at a speed of more than 1.5 mach, the missile will automatically gain its momentum and maintain its speed of 2.8 mach, the sources said.

The range and speed of the missile will remain the same as that of its land and ship-launched versions, they said.

At present, only a few countries like the US have air-launched cruise missiles

Sukhoi fighters to be equipped with BrahMos missiles - The Economic Times

19 JUN, 2012, 08.53PM IST, PTI
Sukhoi fighters to be equipped with BrahMos missiles

NEW DELHI: India is moving towards joining the club of few countries having air-launched cruise missiles with a proposal to equip IAF's frontline fighter aircraft Su-30 MKI with BrahMos.

The Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS) is soon expected to consider the proposal of the Defence Ministry to procure the air-launched version of the 290-km-range BrahMos supersonic cruise missiles for the Indian Air Force, sources said.

The proposal involves sanctioning of funds for the integration and testing of the BrahMos missile on the Russian-origin Su-30MKI of the IAF, they said.

As per the plans, the first test of the air-launched version of the supersonic cruise missile, developed jointly by India and Russia, is to be conducted by December-end.

Sources said two SU-30 MKI of the IAF would be modified indigenously by the Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) at its Nasik facility where they will also be integrated with the aerial launcher developed by the BrahMos.

The BrahMos missiles integrated on the Su-30s will help the IAF in achieving the capability to deliver a deadly-blow to enemy formations from stand-off ranges of around 300 km without getting close to them.

The air-launched version, they said, will be lighter and smaller than the land-based version of the missile so that it can be fitted to the aircraft.

One of the two speed boosters in the missile has been removed for the air version of the weapon system as after being launched from an aircraft moving at a speed of more than 1.5 mach, the missile will automatically gain its momentum and maintain its speed of 2.8 mach, the sources said.

The range and speed of the missile will remain the same as that of its land and ship-launched versions, they said.

At present, only a few countries like the US have air-launched cruise missiles

Sukhoi fighters to be equipped with BrahMos missiles - The Economic Times

yeah but thats not gonna happen before 2014-2015.......though AFAIK current mkis can carry one brahmos without any structural changes!!!!

yeah but thats not gonna happen before 2014-2015.......though AFAIK current mkis can carry one brahmos without any structural changes!!!!

HAL will start modernization of last batch of 40 Sukhoi Su 30MKI under “Super -30” Project from 2012. upgrades will be carried out only on newly built Su-30, which will be last batch of Su-30 to join IAF.

This first 40 aircrafts will also get, strengthening of air frame to enable them to carry near 2.5 tonne, Air launched version of Brahmos , Indian air force have already provided two Su-30MKI aircrafts in 2010 to carry out such modification to the airframe and Air launch variant is also ready only integration with airframe is left . Under “Super -30” Project, Su 30MKI will get Russian Phazotron Zhuk-AE Active Electronically Scanned Array AESA radars along with new onboard mission computers, electronic warfare systems and new Russian BVR Missiles rumored to be Novator K-100 missile also known has “AWCS Killer ” and also India’s own Astra BVR Missile.

Other aircraft fleet of Sukhoi 30 in Indian air force will be able to carry DRDO developed Sub-sonic Cruise Missile “Nirbhay” and other newly developed BVR missiles.

as far my opinion both are great addition to IAF.
rafale is good at doing lot of roles and ground attack,reconnaissance, air policing

basically both are good dogfighters but SU 30 mki has advantage of 3 axis TVC nozzles which may give him a slight edge .
But Rafale has also remarkable turn rate & manuverabilty some french pilots even claim to have achieve mind blowing 11G manuveur

yes rafale has advantage in Stealth ,AVIONICS & ECM like(spectra) ,sensor fusion ,long range ,exceptional Air to ground attack
capabiltity ,
Well i have not said about future capabilty thats
i) capabilty to have laser based DIRCM
ii) UCAV control by rafale pilots
iii) next gen AREOS reco NG electronic intelleigience,FSO NG
iv) even some stealth modifications like cocoon shaped weapon pods

Please give me the corrected info i will update it ...lets make it as perfect as it can be....

well we cant say it as a totally layman analysis....
getting that much specs is not a easy job to do....
source frm where i posted
AVIATION SITE

anyways thanks for rafale encylopedia

noo no ur getting me wrong actually i am known in foruming world for posting layman's analysis thread i didnt mean to insult you

here are some threads
http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian...s-analysis-our-last-two-mmrca-contenders.html
http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian...mos-2-hypersonic-ascm-layman-comparision.html
http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian...14-sub-vs-amur-1650-sub-laymans-analysis.html

Back
Top Bottom