What's new

SU-30 Family

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pugachev's Cobra :devil:

57eb0bb372367c824b9fe67f2e576796.png

The integrated aerodynamic configuration, combined with the thrust vectoring control ability, results in unprecedented maneuverability and unique takeoff and landing characteristics. Equipped with a digital fly-by-wire system, the Su-30MK series is able to perform some very advanced maneuvers. They include the well-known Pugachev’s Cobra and the Bell. This allows the aircraft to rapidly strip airspeed, causing a pursuing fighter to overshoot.While performing a somersault maneuver the aircraft makes 360-degree turn in the pitch plane without any loss of altitude. In the Controlled Flat Spin maneuver the aircraft performs several full turns in the horizontal plane, with zero forward speed, virtually on the spot.

The maneuver is so named after the Sukhoi OKB (design bureau) test pilot Viktor Pugachev, who first performed the maneuver officially in 1989 at the Paris Le Bourget air show.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can any one provide info about "which is the best among the SU series":mps:

Wouldn't that be the Su-35BM? I would be very worried if it is not.

Sorry , will have to dissappoint you ! Only 3 prototypes of Su-35BM have been produced and 2 of them are converted to Su-37 and the remaining one crashed (?).Both su-35 and su-37 does not have any significant advantage over MKI expect lower reduced radar cross section .By the way su-37 has 3D TVC ! :angel:

Last edited:
Sorry , will have to dissappoint you ! Only 3 prototypes of Su-35BM have been produced and 2 of them are converted to Su-37 and the remaining one crashed (?).Both su-35 and su-37 does not have any significant advantage over MKI expect lower reduced radar cross section .By the way su-37 has 3D TVC ! :angel:

You had managed to dissappoint me, :) ! Thanks for the info - wasn't aware there is not flying Su-35BM.

You had managed to dissappoint me, :) ! Thanks for the info - wasn't aware there is not flying Su-35BM.

;) No mention ! Btw according to wiki su-37 cost $147.7 million ,more than that of a raptor !

:cheers:

so in current scenario it is the Su30 that lead the serise???

things may change in times to come after the evolution of Su35,37!!

regards!

so in current scenario it is the Su30 that lead the serise???

things may change in times to come after the evolution of Su35,37!!

regards!

which su-30 variant did you mean ?

In case of su-30MKI,due to similar features and components, the MKI is considered to be a customized variant of the Sukhoi Su-35 and like the su-35 ,the su-37 also haven't reached production stage ,both are still experimental aircrafts. Both doesnt posses considerable upgrades over MKI except the fact that su-37 has 3D TVC.

So, MKI leads the flanker series ! :)

Last edited:
you are absolutely right buddy!!!!!

I'm pretty sure he's wrong, I read somewhere the BM has smaller tail surfaces and no canards to reduce drag and makes up for them with its TVC integrated into the flight control system. I wouldn't trust the info from these guys if I were you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom