What's new

Street Kids.

overpop.jpg

GO: http://wmarijnissen.photoshelter.com/image/I0000tdf68X1oe9g

http://wmarijnissen.photoshelter.com/gallery/Slum-life-Pakistan/G0000H1BIBBZJhHg/

Two little children with balloons roam the streets of the Old city of Lahore. Pakistan 2009

http://wmarijnissen.photoshelter.com/

Last edited:
It is very sad to see these children... even more sad to hear from those who say "NEVER give... it is all fake." While some may be fake beggars, I think it is a minority, and isn't it better to give, knowing that most of what you give will help someone desperately poor?

I have a brief story on this - I have flown to Guatemala commercially for maybe 8 years now. We fly down in the afternoon, spend one night in a hotel, and fly home the next morning, bright and early.

The area outside the airport SWARMS with kids we call "The Shoe Shine Boys" because they all have shoe shine kits and hustle us for shines. I noticed that most were barefoot, and thought "I'll bring them some shoes." My co-workers said all the standard things... "They'll sell the shoes to buy drugs" or "They'll be forced to give the shoes to their bosses."

I made a petition to my church. Next week, someone had bought about 20 pairs of brand new sneakers and placed them in the donation box. I brought them down, passed them out (it was quite a feeding frenzy) and made a bet with my friends - "You watch. They will be wearing the shoes next time we come down." Sure enough, just about every boy had brand new shoes on, and some of them wore theirs for a couple of years before they wore out or were outgrown.

My point - it starts at the street level. Above that, there MUST be facilities (Government is fine, private charities better) to provide nourishing food, shelter, and schooling for orphans. Those that are not orphan, the PARENTS need to be found and shamed/enforced to do their job. If the parents cannot or will not, the children should be declared orphan and put up for adoption.

No child under the age of 18 should be roaming the streets.

Last edited:
i think about Child Protection & Welfare Bureau in Pakistan :drag:

what about its progress

sleepy visions

As per news - She is Afghan Child but childrens are childrens :cry:

37211_123026447752788_101059326616167_124359_3120194_n.jpg

Do we need a bullet train or bullet education system.?

@Argus Panoptes

We need to declare an education emergency and get going with educating all our kids. We are already so far behind that we run a real danger of being left behind in the knowledge-based economy of the 21st century.

All the toys like bullet trains and jet aircraft can wait for later.

Last edited by a moderator:
We need to declare an education emergency and get going with educating all our kids. We are already so far behind that we run a real danger of being left behind in the knowledge-based economy of the 21st century.

All the toys like bullet trains and jet aircraft can wait for later.

The guy who wanted to declare the education emergency ended up in two emergency wards,medical and political, thanks to an incident.......and holycows we are not suppose to talk about.

The guy who wanted to declare the education emergency ended up in two emergency wards,medical and political, thanks to an incident.......and holycows we are not suppose to talk about.

It may still be a good idea for Imran Khan to start creating a good basic education system across the country aimed at reducing illiteracy, perhaps a more affordable version of Beaconhouse while maintaining quality.

This is very bad conditions in Pakistan and should all take care these children to make Pakistan a strong country.

there should be some proper planning to safeguard the rights of children in Pakistan!

Why isnt there a charity or some form of "edhi" system? I mean is the country serious when it relies entirely on 1-2 infrastructures to take in 6m children? THAT is outrageous!!

Back
Top Bottom