What's new

STRATFOR: US fears a German Russian Alliance the most

Who the hell follows Stratfor anymore? it is so Bush era...

Do an EROEI and cost-benefit analysis of deep sea mining and then we will discuss.

Well, somebody must start it. And germany already got the rights to do it in the indian ocean.

Well, somebody must start it. And germany already got the rights to do it in the indian ocean.

Go ahead start it. without necessary power source at low cost ,it will be a total failure. Germany has aversion for nuclear power. Likely EROEI and ROI will be negative. Plus building machines to mine at ultra deep depths is ultra costly and needs metals like Titanium or molybenum ,again which are costly.

The last approach potentially could be biological(genetic modification of species for mining) but it is very dangerous concept.

Go ahead start it. without necessary power source at low cost ,it will be a total failure. Germany has aversion for nuclear power. Likely EROEI and ROI will be negative. Plus building machines to mine at ultra deep depths is ultra costly and needs metals like Titanium or molybenum ,again which are costly.

The last approach potentially could be biological(genetic modification of species for mining) but it is very dangerous concept.

We are talking about germany here. We have no limits in engineering and technology.

And no, deep sea mining does not need Titanium. Liquids can´t be compressed, that means you have the same pressure inside as outside. A principle used from the Trieste

i-10ae5fb24af78cb6419dcd7daeec45df-trieste_01.jpg

The Trieste reached the deepest place in the ocean and had not one gramm Titanium in her.

We are talking about germany here. We have no limits in engineering and technology.

And no, deep sea mining does not need Titanium. Liquids can´t be compressed, that means you have the same pressure inside as outside. A principle used from the Trieste

i-10ae5fb24af78cb6419dcd7daeec45df-trieste_01.jpg

The Trieste reached the deepest place in the ocean and had not one gramm Titanium in her.

Open the hatch/Airlock of Trieste at deep depths and then watch the fun,how trieste will be crushed.

Second,Trieste was not self-powered. Compare that to Losharik nuclear submarine which dive to 6000+ meters and can open hatches for mines and has VLS system for torpedos and meant for removing sosus arrays from altantic . That thing losharik could be potential concept that could worked on for deep sea mining.

This is on Trieste:
one of the outer Plexiglas window panes cracked, shaking the entire vessel

This was in an exploration vehicle.Not mining one. If these things happen to mining vehicles ,very likely there will be abort mission.

Liquids can´t be compressed, that means you have the same pressure inside as outside.

Which means lower volumes for storing mined materials, again a minus for the mining corps .

Open the hatch/Airlock of Trieste at deep depths and then watch the fun,how trieste will be crushed.

Second,Trieste was not self-powered. Compare that to Losharik nuclear submarine which dive to 6000+ meters and can open hatches for mines and has VLS system for torpedos and meant for removing sosus arrays from altantic . That thing losharik could be potential concept that could worked on for deep sea mining.

This is on Trieste:

This was in an exploration vehicle.Not mining one. If these things happen to mining vehicles ,very likely there will be abort mission.

Which means lower volumes for storing mined materials, again a minus for the mining corps .

Why should anyone open the hatch under water? Thats a stupid argument. Same as you would say place fire at the gas well.

As i said germany is investing very much in deep sea mining. Thats a gold field and we explore it.

I mean serious, do you just try to tell me that we should not invest in new technologies and fields? if so...lol

Why should anyone open the hatch under water? Thats a stupid argument. Same as you would say place fire at the gas well.

As i said germany is investing very much in deep sea mining. Thats a gold field and we explore it.

obvious for storage of mined materials internal storage ,hatch and airlock will be needed . Compression and decompression will be needed to remove the water from the material storage compartment. But I guess you are not too bright.

Yeah, first step out of NSA rule then talk

I mean serious, do you just try to tell me that we should not invest in new technologies and fields? if so...lol

Germany should invest in incremental innovations .What has enabled it to be a major is incremental innovations. Breakthrough innovations are extremely costly .

obvious for storage of mined materials internal storage ,hatch and airlock will be needed . Compression and decompression will be needed to remove the water from the material storage compartment. But I guess you are not too bright.

Yeah, first step out of NSA rule then talk

Germany should invest in incremental innovations .What has enabled it to be a major is incremental innovations. Breakthrough innovations are extremely costly .

Nope, it seems you aren't too bright. The material is put into nets and brought to the surface, Thats our current concept to harvest deep sea ore.

All this is done from robotic machines and mostly automated.

oh and in what germany invests is german decission, not yours. So far germany is very sucessfull, somethingyour country can't say.

Nope, it seems you aren't too bright. The material is put into nets and brought to the surface, Thats our current concept to harvest deep sea ore.

oh and in what germany invests is german decission, not yours. So far germany is very sucessfull, somethingyour country can't say.

Okay, again I will repeat . The materials they plan to mine are cobalt,gold,platinum,copper veins. Go look at the prices in LBMA of these.Then think why methane hydrate ,asphalt ,iron is not being mined

The material is put into nets and brought to the surface

Will work at continental shelf.

Which is for the extremely high price metals . The kind of volume and pressure constraints that such Robots will have are extremely challenging.

Okay, again I will repeat . The materials they plan to mine are cobalt,gold,platinum,copper veins. Go look at the prices in LBMA of these.Then think why methane hydrate ,asphalt ,iron is not being mined

Will work at continental shelf.

Which is for the extremely high price metals . The kind of volume and pressure constraints that such Robots will have are extremely challenging.

maybe challenging for a 3rd world country but not for us.

maybe challenging for a 3rd world country but not for us.

Such projects came in 80's also and gave no return on investment. Call me when you guys can mine methane hydrates or seabed asphaltenes profitably.

Such projects came in 80's also and gave no return on investment. Call me when you guys can mine methane hydrates or seabed asphaltenes profitably.

why should we, when we can generate this much cheaper as bio gas and switch mostly to wind and sun energy. We call it "energie wende".

why should we, when we can generate this much cheaper as bio gas and switch mostly to wind and sun energy. We call it "energie wende".

Yes, atleast ,biogas is very sustainable and reasonable cost too.With further scope for exponential improvement. You can tailor bacterias to more efficiently break down the waste and harness sun light . Wind and solar ,looking at the EROEI ,the performance is just little over break even.

Back
Top Bottom