What's new

Stop drones, Malala tells Obama in white house meeting !

Hey Girl Grew Up

Obama-laughing.jpg

Drone Drone Drone

@Cherokee

Not really, it means someone who wants the rule of justice in Pakistan and takes it as a political idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
Malala delivers Imran message to Obama: ‘Drones fuel terrorism’

Malala confronted Obama today with something he was probably not expecting. Or was he, we don’t know.
The schoolgirl told Obama about drone strikes in her hometown’s backyard — the ‘badlands’ around Pak-Afghan border called Waziristan.
Wrote CNN today: The “Bravest Girl in the World” has stood up to President Barack Obama.
Malala Yousafzai, the 16-year-old shot by the Taliban for promoting girl’s education in her native Pakistan, confronted Obama at the White House on Friday about U.S. drone strikes.
So Malala not only stood up against the Taliban, she also asked the most powerful man in the world to stop what he was doing with drones in her hometown.
There were by the way three females in the room when Malala said softly to the President that drones were killing the innocents also: Obama’s wife and daughter were earful so was the President.
In a meeting that included first lady Michelle Obama and daughter, the young activist challenged one of Obama’s premier counterterrorism strategies.
“I also expressed my concerns that drone attacks are fueling terrorism,” she said in a statement released today. “Innocent victims are killed in these acts, and they lead to resentment among the Pakistani people. If we refocus efforts on education it will make a big impact.”
Imran Khan therefore is a happy camper today. What he and his battery of media spin doctors and pundits could not do, Malala did it in the White House for free.
Will it change things? I don’t know, but Imran’s message to the White House has been delivered by the least expected.
So will Malala join IK now after having delivered the message to O? Regardless, one thing is apparently clear: Malala and her fans have unwittingly joined hands with IK and his supporters at the most unexpected and unusual place: The White House. Not to forget the Pakistani nation. They are on board too.
Will such a coup change things, again I don’t know.
But it’s a moral and political victory for PTI, Nawaz and the nation.
Whether IK’s media and public relations pundits can spin the event and extract mileage out of it is another matter. But Malala won the Nobel Peace Prize already!

Malala delivers Imran message to Obama: 'Drones fuel terrorism' - PKonweb*|*PKonweb

Back
Top Bottom