What's new

Steel cutting ceremony for Frigate at the Karachi Shipyard

HAIDER

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Daily Times reported that a steel cutting ceremony of the first F22P Frigate, being built for the Pakistan Navy was held at the Karachi Shipyard and Engineering Works on last Thursday.

Mr Abdul Qayyum Khan Jatoi federal minister for defense production was the chief guest of the ceremony that was attended by the Ambassador of Peoples Republic of China in Pakistan, senior Chinese delegates and high ranking civil and military officials from China & Pakistan. The construction of the first F22P Frigate at KSEW reveals that policymakers are confident that the Karachi
Shipyard can undertake the in-country construction of an extremely sophisticated modern naval platform. It stated that the F22P ships are capable frigates, which will add a great punch to our fleet and will be able to radiate potent power at sea. They are 123 meter long ships with nearly 3,000 tonnes displacement and practically 30 knots of speed. The ships are equipped with long range surface to surface missiles, surface to air missiles, torpedoes, latest automatic 76 MM guns, state of the art homing weapon system, sophisticated long range sensors, radars, sonars, electronic warfare systems and an advanced Command and Control system. The ships can also carry an advanced helicopter. On the occasion, the chief guest praised the remarkable turn around of KSEW and was impressed by seeing all the departments buzzing with activity.

Mr Iftikhar Ahmed Rao MD of KSEW said that KSEW is progressing rapidly to maximize its output and thus contribute in developing the national economy and self reliance in the field of shipbuilding.

Mr Abdul said that with concerted efforts Pakistan would become a leading shipbuilding country in the region in line with its potential and ideal location.
Steel Guru : Steel cutting ceremony for Frigate at the Karachi Shipyard

I know that one F-22 P frigate built in China for Pakistan is ready and undergoing tests and will soon join our navy. Can anyone tell me when we will have our first home built F-22 (P not Raptor) ready?

sorry but how many times we have to answer this query!!!

1st one in july-09 (under sea trials for commissioning)
2nd one in early 2010 (no sea trials yet)
3rd one in end 2010 and the last one in 2011

Sorry I didn't know. Thanks for answering
I promise I won't ask this question again. ;)

congrats for your achievements pak navy will go very strong in the future.

own build frigates and cruise missiles with nuklear capability!

:tup:

Back
Top Bottom