What's new

Stealth frigate 'INS Trikand' joins Indian Navy

Seems quite interested in Russian things. I have been hearing that Scorpions are going to cancelled in front of local N-Subs...

I don't know where you heard that news, but it's completely wrong.

Good news. Is there any new ship contracts going to Russia?

They will get contract for 3 additional Talwar-type ships...and ofcourse they are yet to
deliver the aircraft carrier.

Other than that, I don't see any major surface combatants coming from Russia.

Even the tender for new submarines looks like it will land in NAVANTIA's hands for the
S-80 Super Scorpene...very less chances for Amur-class SSKs.

Would be better if IN goes for even stealthier frigates with flush deck.:azn:

Thats true but i don't think we r getting flush deck any time soon....

Only Project 15B frigates will have flush deck but lets induct some Project 15A ships first.:taz:

Can anyone ID the rifles?

They arent Enfields nor any Soviet ones... at least not Mosin Nagants

VAdm%2BRK%2BDhowan%2Binspects%2Bguard%2Bof%2Bhonour%2BTrikand%2Bin%2Bbackground-784596.JPG

PS:

yes they are Soviet SKS rifles

sks2.jpg

Only Project 15B frigates will have flush deck but lets induct some Project 15A ships first.:taz:

P-17A will have flush deck too.

Can anyone ID the rifles?

They arent Enfields nor any Soviet ones... at least not Mosin Nagants

VAdm%2BRK%2BDhowan%2Binspects%2Bguard%2Bof%2Bhonour%2BTrikand%2Bin%2Bbackground-784596.JPG

PS:

yes they are Soviet SKS rifles

sks2.jpg
hey buddy can you state the reason why our Naval sailors are carrying SKS rifles for the guard of honor ceremony?i mean afaik,all the three branches of our armed forces use SLR as the standard ceremony weapon,so is it possible that these SKS rifles are burrowed from the Russkies for this particular occasion or does the I.N. uses SKS as a ceremony rifle?

They will get contract for 3 additional Talwar-type ships...and ofcourse they are yet to
deliver the aircraft carrier.

Other than that, I don't see any major surface combatants coming from Russia.

Even the tender for new submarines looks like it will land in NAVANTIA's hands for the
S-80 Super Scorpene...very less chances for Amur-class SSKs.

S-80 has had many problems in spanish navy,besides the new amur version the s-1000 i think joint one between italian and russian firm has greatly improved.One advantage of amur design is 10 VLS cells for brahmos missiles.So u never know.

hey buddy can you state the reason why our Naval sailors are carrying SKS rifles for the guard of honor ceremony?i mean afaik,all the three branches of our armed forces use SLR as the standard ceremony weapon,so is it possible that these SKS rifles are burrowed from the Russkies for this particular occasion or does the I.N. uses SKS as a ceremony rifle?

They are definitely borrowed for the ceremony ;)

I was talking about next 3 talwar class frigates.I would like IN to place order for next generation talwar class frigates from Russia with flush deck.

Back
Top Bottom