Devil Soul

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Sri Lankan president gives green light for Pakistan cricket tour
By Web Desk
Published: October 6, 2012
Sri Lankan president Mahinda Rajapakse has given a green light for his national cricket team to tour Pakistan, Express News reported on Saturday.
According to Express News correspondent Yousuf Anjum, the Sri Lankan president told media that they are ready to send the Sri Lankan national team to Pakistan, but it is up to the boards of both the countries to sort out the dates and other intricacies for a tour.
Rajapakse reportedly said that relations between both Sri Lanka and Pakistan and their respective boards have always been excellent, however due to an unfortunate incident no international cricket has stopped in Pakistan and that Sri Lanka is sad about this.
“We are ready to take the initiative in this and will be happy if international cricket resumes in Pakistan,” Anjum quoted Rajapakse.
The Sri Lankan national cricket team came under attack from militants as their bus made its way to the cricket stadium in Lahore for the third day of a Test match. At least eight people were killed in the attack and six Sri Lankan players were injured.
Sri Lankan president gives green light for Pakistan cricket tour – The Express Tribune

Wow what a big news for PCB and pakistani fans..well done, a gr8 statement by the president..

Don't worry about others the rest of the world will follow them, if possible may Indian team also...:yahoo:

i dont they make a tour, the indians will find another opportunity to humiliate pakistan, let us solve our security problems first

[:::~Spartacus~:::];3477346 said:
i dont they make a tour, the indians will find another opportunity to humiliate pakistan, let us solve our security problems first

What has India to do between Sri lankan and pakistani affairs ??? You might be feeling asleep.. go to bad..its more than 12

So, have Sri Lankan representatives inspected the security plan? I mean, something wasn't right about it which scared off Bangladeshis, if I'm not mistaken.

On the other hand, this is likely to raise eye brows as to why on the other day of Pakistan's loss to Sri Lanka is the green signal given.

I don't understand why the attack happened in the first place. Lahore is one of the safest cities in Pakistan and when something happens people there usually unite together.

Anyways its good news that cricket is riving back in Pakistan. I guess now it all depends when the Sri Lankan cricket board would fix the dates.

[:::~Spartacus~:::];3477346 said:
BCCI will offer atour at the same time so hat SLCB can rake in big money.......:tongue:

So, have Sri Lankan representatives inspected the security plan? I mean, something wasn't right about it which scared off Bangladeshis, if I'm not mistaken.

On the other hand, this is likely to raise eye brows as to why on the other day of Pakistan's loss to Sri Lanka is the green signal given.

Well I think we got into a better situation. Had we won the match against Sri Lanka, we would never be able to get cricket back in Pakistan. But yes you are right it would raise eye brows as this it is sort of like blackmailing from Sri Lanka and conflict of interest for Pakistan.

I don't think Pakistan lost the match intentionally. In any case, it wouldn't be good for Pakistan in longer run. If another case emerges especially of this magnitude, if board is involved then one can say goodbye to cricket w.r.t. Pakistan.

May be he is a bookie:what:, and would have offered PCB of touring their team to pakistan if they lose that match,.. you never know, the passion for a game can do to people..

even the word “conspiracy theory” sounds like a cheesy word now. Cmon guys teams play cricket, some1 wins and then obviously some1 losses. Thats all there is to it. Lets not connect dots when there is hardly any to connect in the first place:coffee:

Good luck to SL and Pakistan cricket...To save the quality of cricket Pakistan should be brought back to cricket map....otherwise...cricket will be played like baseball how WI cricket is showing the sign...We need quality cricket rather than just hit sixes and win the match....

Back
Top Bottom