What's new

Sri Lankan Navy retreats seeing Indian ship

It's already in soft level....

Good, let us keep it that way on both sides. Indian Navy should also be soft on Sri Lanka and that is what enhances relationship. Brutal attitude, arrogance and imposing rule of gun/force will leave a bad taste on both sides.

:cheers:

even if the indian fishermen are within an inch of imb, the lankan navy has no business telling them to go anywhere....... We should send a couple of patrol ships over there with permission to fire on any lankan navy ship which enters indian waters

Emotionally that is correct to fire at the SL navy but I dont want to waste ammo on a inferior navy, our Navy presence in the fishing waters in enough to keep the SL Navy at bay

come on indian members, we told them to leave, even this time did not arrest them.

The problem is that you have no right to tell them to do anything as long as they stay on our side of the IMB..... also if the source is correct you guys were chasing them away - that means coming to indian waters

come on indian members, we told them to leave, even this time did not arrest them.

That is what should be ideally done if there is a inadvertant transgression of waters , by fishermen ....patrol men should not be unduly harsh.

imo they are fishermen , poor and trying to earn their livelihood. Sometimes they do cross into restricted areas , same for Sri lankan fishermen too .At most warn and let them go .

That is what should be ideally done if there is a inadvertant transgression of waters , by fishermen ....patrol men should not be unduly harsh.

imo they are fishermen , poor and trying to earn their livelihood. Sometimes they do cross into restricted areas , same for Sri lankan fishermen too .At most warn and let them go .
yes, agree with your view

Actually, the fishermen have lost a sum of 15,000 Rs as they were not able to fish due to the SL Navy chase. SL Navy should behave wise when it comes to IMB. beating and cutting the nets of fishermen even some time restoring to firing at Indian Fishing boats is condemable and if the same continues, SL beaware that you are pocking a sleeping giant and you have to regret for your Navy's action.

I guess all that preaching about love and peace goes out of the door when it hits close to home..

I guess all that preaching about love and peace goes out of the door when it hits close to home..

Guess what, I am not Mahatma to show my other cheek. atleast i have to defend my lively hood but i do not intend to take that of the SL civilians.
One day or the other they are going to regret what they have done to their Tamil Population

Though I agree that SL has the right to protect it's sovereignty,it should take special non-lethal measures to deal with fishermen who are not well accustomed with all these complex boundaries.

I think there has to be a bit more surveillance in that zone. The way last time some of our fishermen were killed by SLN is unforgivable. The MEA has toothless wastrels that piss in their dhotis to defend the lives of common Indians. It is time that we compensate those deaths by now keeping a track of aggressive field commanders from SLN.

Don't advocate violence but if killing or shooting occurs then the retaliatory strike should be severe.

Hey Friends...i am not sure if the context of this news report is correct..Did we really try to ascertain any neutral media to know about the facts???....In case Indian fishermen moved into to the Sri Lankan Territory then they have every damn right to take legal action....Please dont judge me wrong....but we should not be judgmental to all nitty gritty action of all of our neighbors.. If we are defining that we will shoot at sight to every one crossing India-BD border then SL Navy has every right to shoot at Indian fishermen too...this sud be a fair deal....

It's near IMBL, New Delhi had requested us deal the issue softly. So this time we told them to leave, we did not arrest them.

What about Sri Lankan fishermen who are langushing in Indian jails despite passage of a LONG Time. while Indian fishermen were released recently by Sri Lanka

What about Sri Lankan fishermen who are langushing in Indian jails despite passage of a LONG Time. while Indian fishermen were released recently by Sri Lanka
what to do friend, how to clash with a giant country. May
God bless Sri lankan fisherman.

Back
Top Bottom