What's new

Sri Lanka plans to grant working visa to Indians due to labour shortage

Colombo's per capita is over $12,000 USD :rofl:

Congratulation for it...I wish you people continue to prosper as you are doing now....If we really talk about point that is discussed in this thread, then it is really surprising that Srilaka is allowing Indian labour force to go Sri Lanka...I am not sure what is the intention of this move...Because..most of the time the labour force from Tamilnadu will utilise this permit in case the news it is true....And given the existing political enviroment between Srilanka and Indian state of Tamilnadu, It is not supposed to be a good move from Sri Lanka....And apart from that if they really would like to cheap labour...then they can easily go to your best friend in China...China has the cheapest man power that is why China is hub of Manufacturing in this world...So you can easily take the help of China too....

So in nutshell,i really doubt this move from Sri Lanka seems to be the same as it seems on the paper...There is definitely some other motive behind this move....

100% agree. The less of these black people we have in SL the better.

good joke...

hear is a cricketer from Tamil Nadu (Murali Vijay)...

26MPTB_VIJAY_19676f.jpg

hear is Sanath form Sri Lanka...

104380.1.jpg

before pointing at others see your face in mirror Mr. White Srilanka...!!!

by the way your four players are coming to play for Chennai Super king this IPL, so before commenting on us stop your players to come and beg for money form us...

re read my question, u said sri lankans as a whole live better than Mumbaikars, whats srilankas per capita?

colombos per capita is 5800 not 12000 idiot.

GDP of mumbai is misleading as its the commercial capital of india. people from other regions of India have stake in mumbai GDP, its not like the populace of mumbai shares that GDP solely. a lot of that money out flows into other regions.

good joke...

hear is a cricketer from Tamil Nadu (Murali Vijay)...

26MPTB_VIJAY_19676f.jpg

hear is Sanath form Sri Lanka...

104380.1.jpg

before pointing at others see your face in mirror Mr. White Srilanka...!!!

by the way your four players are coming to play for Chennai Super king this IPL, so before commenting on us stop your players to come and beg for money form us...

I did, if you think murali is white. then I must be paper white. :lol:

Sanath probably had some interracial marriage with a tamil somewhere in his blood line. He clearly has some genetic deficiency, he has no hair.

Keep laughing...I thought you should be crying....more job opportunities are created for Indian.....

Crying for what? A tiny south asian country giving labor visas to Regional and future super power :omghaha:

GDP of mumbai is misleading as its the commercial capital of india. people from other regions of India have stake in mumbai GDP, its not like the populace of mumbai shares that GDP solely. a lot of that money out flows into other regions.

I'll give you some parameters.

Mumbai will soon be upstaged by Delhi, Ahmedabad and Bangalore. Delhi is slated to be having a higher GDP then Mumbai, followed by others.

Mumbai's stock exchange the BSE does an annual turnover of 227 billion usd, slated to do a trillion by 2025.

Mumbais estimated growth will be 300% in 2025, Delhi 450%, Ahmedaabad 380%, and Bangalore, Chennai and Hyderabad around 300 to 325%. These are conservative figures.

Mumbai at 25% will add 4 Times more wealth than Sri Lanka every year.

Mumbai will soon be upstaged by Delhi, Ahmedabad and Bangalore. Delhi is slated to be having a higher GDP then Mumbai, followed by others.

Mumbai's stock exchange the BSE does an annual turnover of 227 billion usd, slated to do a trillion by 2025.

Mumbais estimated growth will be 300% in 2025, Delhi 450%, Ahmedaabad 380%, and Bangalore, Chennai and Hyderabad around 300 to 325%. These are conservative figures.

you are living in a fools paradise.

minimum wage in SL is 380 Rs per day with a 105 Rs attendance bonus.

For full time worker, 9500 Rs per month or 114,000Rs per year.

no matter how you calculate it, India's output is less than SL by a significant amount. If Mumbai has a GDP of $140 Billion, means rest of the country will have an even lower output, than the national average.

1 Dollar is 54 Indian Rupees

1 Dollar is 127 Sri Lankan Rupees

In my home town Coimbatore the construction labor minimum wage per day is Indian Rs.550 will be Sri Lankan Rupee. 1,291 per day, now tell me will a labour from Tamil Nadu, Kerela, Karnataka, Andra will got to work in Sri Lanka...and as far as I know kerela is in sever shortage of labours...Also the pay scale must be even better in Metro cites such us Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad or Cochin in southern cites, and same with the northern part of India...

By the way Chennai is called the Detroit of Asia and the second largest exporter of IT products from India, and this Sri Lanakan kids are saying people form Tamil Nadu going to work in Lanka...

Lankans please show me one such Industry in Lanka which we don't have in India, that our labours are attracted to your country...

Below is a video you can see a Baren land turned in to a major IT center in few years...

Chennai Auto Industry...

Last edited by a moderator:
Will Sri Lanka discriminate which Indians come?
I imagine there might be problems if TN Tamils come over, they will start problems again by claiming parts of Sri Lanka.
The government should try to get more Biharis and other North Indians to come over. They have no claim to Sri Lanka and will go back home when not needed.

Your concern is correct...And in my opinion public of Sri Lanka should be worried too...But the issue is in case any one will go Sri Lanka...It will be tamil from Tamilnadu only due to close proximity of distance...

Its likely that the pay scale in Southern India is higher than that of SL. But SL should have higher pay than Northern India. So SL should attract N Indians to work there.

Back
Top Bottom