What's new

Sri Lanka may purchase more Pakistani conventional arms & ammunition

Instead giving the Pakistan Police and Paramilitary force with these expensive vans that doesn't benefit Pakistan industries nor give proper protection to personels:
police-karachi-640x480.jpg

We should look seriously towards these APCs for GoP persons too:
HIT_05.jpg

Not practical, APCs guzzle fuel, are slower and are heavier(cause rapid road deterioration), their bullet-proof tyres are expensive to replace after the wear and tear of daily use, their per unit cost is much greater than your average 4x4.

Unless I'm mistaken I believe that the Type 59 modifications 'Al-Zarrar' can be applied to the T-54/55s too ! Plus there are some really nice T-54/55 modernization programs in the world already going on; so are you guys looking to replace them with a newer tank or a modernization program could also be on the cards ?
Looking to replace them and i dont think there will be a modernization program. our T-55 too old and hardly used.

Looking to replace them and i dont think there will be a modernization program. our T-55 too old and hardly used.

Any possible tanks in mind ? Perhaps buying some second-hand or even new M60s and having them upgraded to Sabras or going for a newer tank from the T-series or more Al-khalids. And I read somewhere that the Sri Lankan Armed Forces operate 22 (was it ?) Al-Khalids, so how have you guys found that tank ? Is it good ? How has it performed in the Civil War ?

Any possible tanks in mind ? Perhaps buying some second-hand or even new M60s and having them upgraded to Sabras or going for a newer tank from the T-series or more Al-khalids. And I read somewhere that the Sri Lankan Armed Forces operate 22 (was it ?) Al-Khalids, so how have you guys found that tank ? Is it good ? How has it performed in the Civil War ?

they later held up the 22 al khalid deal

they might be looking for it now

Srilanka has taken its side already although it is not hostile towards India as such but it is supportive towards China and Pakistan. In case of war, Sri Lankan ports are going to be a strategic ports which can hurt India. Now India would have to prepare for 3 front-war as its waters could be as dangerous as the north or western borders.

Srilanka has taken its side already although it is not hostile towards India as such but it is supportive towards China and Pakistan. In case of war, Sri Lankan ports are going to be a strategic ports which can hurt India. Now India would have to prepare for 3 front-war as its waters could be as dangerous as the north or western borders.

You must think before posting mate.A 3rd front like you say is gonna be a dangerous thing for Sri Lanka coz they are well withing the range of our Air force plus the enemy ships wont survive long also as we have a decent navy to take care of all the stuff plus our mainland is nearby which will provide the resources for waves and waves of Air raids.

I hope you know the quality of their air force to defend against an Indian air force raid.

Halucinating is one thing but i guess giving the topic a thought before putting your hands on the keyboard would be wise.

Sri lanka already crushed LTTE terrorists,no more inland security threats then what'll be the use of more Tanks in Sri lanka.Rather they should follow the Japanese way of military modernization. Concentrate more on building a strong Air force and Navy.

Awsome news i hope our friendship stays strong and SL buys some arms from us ;)

Pakistan has proved to Sri Lanka that Sri Lanka can trust Pakistan

great news...welcome move SL..but dont know why every thread is becoming an India bashing thread these days... :rofl: :rofl:

The fact is with a military the size of India's and a defence budget more than Pakistan,BD,SL,Nepal, Myanmar, Maldives etc combined (growing at a rate of 17% on average, hence doubling every 6 or so years) the Indian market for Indian arms companies is in FAR,FAR excess of anything anyone in the region could require. Indian companies are having are hard enough time meeting domestic demand are unlikely to be pushing too hard for exports.

as a friend of Sri Lanka, im sure Pakistan would be willing and happy to assist the country in its defence needs...any cooperation among regional countries should be welcome

APC looks like the Mohafiz APC, usually employed for policing. Survived a suicide blast last week so we know it works.
Tank looks like an Al-Zarrar, though not sure.

Yeah those APC's , except for the burst tyre (no problem), fared quite well in that blast, and also considering that the blast was of around 5 kg explosive at almost point blank range.

Back
Top Bottom