What's new

Sri Lanka may purchase more Pakistani conventional arms & ammunition

Lankan Ranger

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Sri Lanka may purchase more Pakistani conventional arms & ammunition

Lieutenant General Jagath Jayasuriya, Commander of the Sri Lanka Army, now in Pakistan visited the Pakistan Ordnance Factory complex in Rawalpindi, industrial town of Wah Cantonment with 14 big factories, which produce requirements of land forces. It is the largest defence industrial complex under the Ministry of Defence in Pakistan that produces a wide range of conventional arms and ammunition.

With the amalgam of sophisticated technologies, Pakistan Ordnance Factory has ventured into the field of exports on regular basis and has established its reputation for internationally recognized products of quality, reliability and competitive prices.

Impressed with production processes of modern military hardware in a couple of those factories, the Commander made inquiries into their production techniques and effective use in the warfare during his stay there.

The Commander’s tour to the Heavy Industries Taxila (HIT) next with a separate visit to the Taxila Museum, including several archaeological sites in the surrounding areas, provided him a rare occasion to gather knowledge on modern technological innovations and techniques.

The HIT, which consists of six major production units, has Pakistan’s dedicated engineers and highly skilled persons, together with a 30 percent of uniformed personnel. It rebuilds and modernizes Tanks and ARVs, tracked vehicles, machine systems, gun barrels and provides engineering support and quality assurance.

OD_01.jpg

OD_02.jpg

OD_03.jpg

OD_04.jpg

OD_05.jpg

OD_09.jpg

OD_06.jpg

OD_08(1).jpg

Sri Lanka Army - Defenders of the Nation

Indian fools don't knw hw to play cards with neighbors and in international arena.

If China and Pakistan helping SL to erase LTTE means India automatically should taken that opposite stance and they supposed to helped that LTTE .

The southern side was safe previously becoz of Indian stupidity now the situation enforcing us to deploy our forces in those areas.

Well thats an encouraging sign for further strengthening Pakistan - Sri Lanka relations ! Pray tell me, Lankan Ranger, what are the current procurement requirements of the Sri Lankan Armed Forces ?

P.S I always like to know about the positive developments in Pakistan's foreign relations, so Thank You for this !

Well thats an encouraging sign for further strengthening Pakistan - Sri Lanka relations ! Pray tell me, Lankan Ranger, what are the current procurement requirements of the Sri Lankan Armed Forces ?

P.S I always like to know about the positive developments in Pakistan's foreign relations, so Thank You for this !

Currently 120+ T-55 tanks in service with Sri Lanka Army and expected to be replaced soon.

Soviet Union made T-55 too old…..

Let's hope Pakistan made Tank gets the Sri Lanka Tank deal

Sri Lankan and Pakistan relations are getting stronger and stronger day by day.......on ther other hand India's dream to become Superpower of this area....putting her in isuloation state.....creating more and more enemies....i.e. Pakistan, Sri Lanka, China and Bangladesh etc.

Sri Lankan and Pakistan relations are getting stronger and stronger day by day.......on ther other hand India's dream to become Superpower of this area....putting her in isuloation state.....creating more and more enemies....i.e. Pakistan, Sri Lanka, China and Bangladesh etc.

your prediction have zero value and international relations dont work like this

@ Pakistani members, please provide details about this APC & Tank

HIT_05.jpg

HIT_06.jpg
Instead giving the Pakistan Police and Paramilitary force with these expensive vans that doesn't benefit Pakistan industries nor give proper protection to personels:
police-karachi-640x480.jpg

We should look seriously towards these APCs for GoP persons too:
HIT_05.jpg

dude India ain't getting isuloation state:rofl:

Currently 120+ T-55 tanks in service with Sri Lanka Army and expected to be replaced soon.

Soviet Union made T-55 too old…..

Let's hope Pakistan made Tank gets the Sri Lanka Tank deal

Unless I'm mistaken I believe that the Type 59 modifications 'Al-Zarrar' can be applied to the T-54/55s too ! Plus there are some really nice T-54/55 modernization programs in the world already going on; so are you guys looking to replace them with a newer tank or a modernization program could also be on the cards ?

Back
Top Bottom