What's new

Sri Lanka defence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammer-fist

Reaction score
Here is an idea, which I will leave up to the administration to think about if they so wish to.

If they are not in favour of this idea and want to close the thread that's fine by me.

Sri Lanka defence sub-forum.

Why?

1. Sri Lanka is a state which has recently seen active warfare with a conventional army crushing a terrorist organization.

Students of warfare who want to see how to crush separatist insurgencies pay attention to Sri Lanka.

2. Geo-strategically important state which both Pakistan and China support (Bangladesh is an ally too).

3. Possibly the first south Asian country that might become first world or near that.

Highest HDI indexes in south Asia as far as I know.

4. Relevant to discussions about the South Asian ocean (also known by another name) since it is often considered part of China's chain of pearls policy.

5. Posters can discuss Pakistan- Sri Lanka military ties.

News Line : Sri Lanka, Pakistan agree to closer defence cooperation

Sri Lanka, Pakistan agree to closer defence cooperation

Sri Lanka and Pakistan have agreed to promote and maintain close cooperation on all military matters to counter the growing threat of terrorism, The High Commission of Pakistan in Colombo said Thursday.
During a meeting between Pakistan's Secretary Defence Production Retired Lieutenant General Shahid Iqbal and the visiting Sri Lankan Brigadier T. N. Jayasooriya in Islamabad, the two countries have underscored the need for maintaining and promoting closer cooperation particularly in the area of defence production.

The meeting also emphasized the need for developing military to military cooperation at all levels and agreed to enhance cooperation in the area of military training exercises and intelligence sharing so as to contain and counter the growing threat of terrorism.

The Sri Lankan Defence delegation thanked Pakistan for its continued support to the Sri Lankan armed Forces.

6. Attract more members, visitors from Sri Lanka.

Please feel free to lock this thread if administration does not wish to pursue this.

Thanks.

Yeah great Idea.....

I am looking forward to learning more about Sri Lanka, and not just military affairs.

1. Strategic issues.

2. Economic performance.

3. Political issues.

However any information on defence production, counter-insurgency tactics, training etc will also be welcome.

Yep good idea! 15% of our population uses internet and its 3,222,200
so quite good to open a sextion.

Please replace Bangladesh defence for Sri Lanka. Sri Lanka is alot of discussions and depth issues than Bangladesh!t, we get tired of their demanding apology.

Indian defence is useless, we better have srilankan defence.

4742169.jpg

Sri Lankan Defence forum?? :woot: :rofl: Half a ship, two antique aircraft and an Army smaller than that of Burkina Faso and you want a separate 'defence forum'?? Jeeez!
lol-049.gif
I'm sure you gotta be kidding, right?

Mods, can this thread be moved to the Jokes forum instead? :P

Maybe Bangladesh can Give their Nuclear tipped Hyper Galactic Bombastic Mossile Which they use to keep Indians ,Pakistanis, Chinese , Americans and Annunakis in line . Then Sri Lanka would have nothing to worry about .

Too few Sri Lankans here for that right now.

Replace Indian defense with Sri Lankan defense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom