What's new

Sri Lanka cancels on-arrival visa facility for Pakistanis

Pakistan Can survive alone Insha Allah, No Need for the So-called friends who with draw the support in needy times....

Well i'm not arguing that there are no security impulsion for the decision but denying these people asylum is the wrong.. Given that they themselves are fleeing prosecution from the jihadis that many of you claim may have infiltrated the Lankan Muslim community.. These Pakistani Christians and Ahmeddi's far out number any of those extremist preachers that may abuse the visa system.. These people are victims of religious prosecution and now beings pawns of a wider regional politics

Asylum-seekers in Sri Lanka: Uncertain haven | The Economist

Fleeing persecution, Pakistan’s Christians find a manger in Lanka | The Sundaytimes Sri Lanka

Perhaps you could ask the Australian government to take these asylum seekers in? After all, Australia is a much larger and much more prosperous country as compared to Sri Lanka. But wait, I think I read somewhere that Australian govt. is offering money to Pakistani asylum seekers to go back to Pakistan ($3,000 I think).

Your knowledge of Sri Lanka and what really makes its government work seems almost encyclopaedic. Are you sure your surname isn't Rajapaksa?

Insecurity of what? An internet Sri Lankan cheerleading for Pakistan? :lol:

For some reason he has decided to be in denial about the possibility, and a strong one, that there might be a security angle to this. Bringing India into this was just a knee jerk reaction.

For some reason he has decided to be in denial about the possibility, and a strong one, that there might be a security angle to this. Bringing India into this was just a knee jerk reaction.

As I said in the beginning, that makes him look good here. I doubt if you meet him in person he would say the same things. He is just playing to the gallery.

Sri Lankans showing their snake like behaviour

You need to understand some things about Lankans, they are a slave race. Cheerleading for anyone who comes along, no dignity
Don't call this lankan brothers:mad: athought we support the tamil cause :D:D:D:D

well done srilanka...!!!
now I think the wahhabi kind of movement will get a set back....

Sri Lankans showing their snake like behaviour

You need to understand some things about Lankans, they are a slave race. Cheerleading for anyone who comes along, no dignity
Come on man, lets all be civilized. Dont denigrate an entire race or any entire nationality. Thats never right.

Wrong decision.. There are way more Indian overstayers and illegal immigrants than Pakistani's.. And most Pakistani's seeking asylum are religious minorities Christians and Ahmeddi's.. Unfortunately SL is not a signatory to UNHCR

If that is the case, then I see a problem here.

The difference is those Tamil Sri lankans are recognized as refugees's in India having fled violence ..

Indians in SL are mainly involved in illegal activities, overstaying cheap agricultural labor in the north central province, trade, narcotics(marijuana) and go there as a transit point to illegal migrate to Europe and Australia

But most of the Pakistani refugees are them selves religious minorities so i dont see how they correlate with Sunni jihadists
hard to believe....Indians are coming to Ceylon for doing some cheap agricultural labour and other risky marijuna business...
in Kerala even an unskilled /fresher labour say in agriculture will get around 600-800 Indian rupees (1200-1600 srilankan rupees) per day including food..why they want to come to srilanka,that too traveling more than 500 or 600 km+high traveling cost??::moreover the cost of living is little bit high there compared to India...
i don't think srilanka is like middle east..

hard to believe....Indians are coming to Ceylon for doing some cheap agricultural labour and other risky marijuna business...
in Kerala even an unskilled /fresher labour say in agriculture will get around 600-800 Indian rupees (1200-1600 srilankan rupees) per day including food..why they want to come to srilanka,that too traveling more than 500 or 600 km+high traveling cost??::moreover the cost of living is little bit high there compared to India...
i don't think srilanka is like middle east..

Mate those are facts.. And with the former conflict zones opening up it's been flooded with Indian overstaying visitor visa's indulging in illegal trade and labor.. Refer to my post #45 for stats.. Having said that Indians using it to migrate to other countries may be minimal compared to Tamils from the conflict zones and those from refugee camps in TN but it still happens

If that is the case, then I see a problem here.

I'm just stating the ground reality there Ravi.. Not pandering to any community.. Thus i choose to ignore stupid jibes of morons that try to validate their insecurities with smileys

Mate those are facts.. And with the former conflict zones opening up it's been flooded with Indian overstaying visitor visa's indulging in illegal trade and labor.. Refer to my post #45 for stats.. Having said that Indians using it to migrate to other countries may be minimal compared to Tamils from the conflict zones and those from refugee camps in TN but it still happens

I'm just stating the ground reality there Ravi.. Not pandering to any community.. Thus i choose to ignore stupid jibes of morons that try to validate their insecurities with smileys
well,are they Tamils(i mean from Tamilnadu)???...

Wrong decision.. There are way more Indian overstayers and illegal immigrants than Pakistani's.. And most Pakistani's seeking asylum are religious minorities Christians and Ahmeddi's.. Unfortunately SL is not a signatory to UNHCR

I think the decision was made in the light of the Aluthgama incident. There were numerous reports that Pakistani Jihadists roaming in Sri Lanka because of the on arrival Visa. Moreover Pakistanis are the number one heroin traffickers to Sri Lanka.

However as you said we need to cancel the on arrival visa facility to Indian as well.

Back
Top Bottom