What's new

Soviet Russia helped to get China in Nuclear , Space , Missile technology

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chinese efficiency in Cherry- picking selective portions that suits them is well known
...go through all links carefully , study them well and then come here to argue....

LOL....that was really good !

you already had enough building blocks given by soviets before 1960. Not a big deal, if you take 7 years more to test the TN weapon.

....means he is very angry LOL

In other news, peter the great got help for everything from the west, stalin sent generals to learn all things military from the nazies.

Germans learned military from napoleon, and so on so forth.

We all have help some where, i can go on.

Can the person that posted this answer me, who had no help?

They did give R-2 rockets to China ....which was converted into missile as well as rockets .

Remember China tested first rocket in 1960 itself ....You are not correct Soviets had made giant strides in 1960 s in space they had mansy firsts in Space .....

I do not deny Chinese indigenous efforts continued even after Soviet co-operation

But Back then in 1960s china was poor ,starving, third world country...had no wherewithal to test rockets so fact just within 10 years ....

First Chinese rocket tested was actually Soviet made ....there is enough proof for that ...

They did give R-2 rockets to China ....which was converted into missile as well as rockets .

Remember China tested first rocket in 1960 itself ....You are not correct Soviets had made giant strides in 1960 s in space they had mansy firsts in Space .....

I do not deny Chinese indigenous efforts continued even after Soviet co-operation

But Back then in 1960s china was poor ,starving, third world country...had no wherewithal to test rockets so fact just within 10 years ....

First Chinese rocket tested in 1960 was actually Soviet made ....there is enough proof for that ...
Well, I did mentioned the R2 rocket which is first generation improved version of V2 rocket from WWII's German technology. China was licensed to build R2 from SU in 1957 which China designated Dongfeng-1(DF1). China subsequently manufacture one and successfully launched it in November 1960 (FYI, it is not an exact replica because the fuel of the rocket had to be produced in China). At that time, the SU expert/assistance had already left China before in August/September 1960. There would be no more assistance from Soviet Union.

In order to increase the range, China did what they admitted today to be rather stupid, they faithfully scaled the R2 to double size and called it DF2. That rocket promptly break apart shortly after launch in 1962. Only in 1964 that they managed to solve the problem and all 3 subsequent launch were successful.

What outsider do not know is China view rocket/missile as critical and of the top most priority to national security. China even went so far as to have a major branch of her military structure dedicated to it - the 2nd artillery. You can find no other country in the world that did the same. The wisdom of that decision is up to debate because there are some people today blame China backwardness in jet engine technology on that policy. Because they feel that too much resources had been skew toward rocket/missile technology that hindered jet engine development which should be equally important.

SU did provide the technical basic by licensing R2 rocket production. But lots of countries get rocket like the Scud missile(which is better that R1) from SU, how many of those countries are able to build on it and went on to build ICBM?

I think you should give Chinese where credit is due and keep the overall picture in perspective. SU only provide the very basic, the majority of the effort come from China. Even the Russian do not get all work out and claim credit for Chinese achievement in Nuclear and Rocket/missile technology, don't you think they would know better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom