What's new

South China Sea Forum

Vietnamese people were living in Paracel before china occupied whit force. EZZ of Paracel belong to Vietnam, not China. Paracels is closer to Vietnam than China.

No. Let's just make every statement correct. We are not chinese, and we don't tell lies.
1) Vietnamese people were not living their. We set the sovereignty, claimed the sovereignty,administrated it, pitched the flag, ... but we just garrisoned there, not lived.
2) Paracels are just islands. Vietnam is not an archipelago country, so Parcels doesn't have EEZ.

Nope, Paracel Islands are closer to Hainan (China) than to Vietnam.
1) Paracel is 200 miles far from Ly Son island and 230 miles far from Hainan island.
2) 'Closer' is not the way to prove the sovereignty. Did you claim it at the authorities level without objection in that time? Did you administrate it without objection in that time? Did you treat it as your territory at that time? Did you pitch the flag there? Didn't you invade it from other people by force? ... Those things matter, not the distance.

I wait for 10 years and probably still no action. By then we have empty the oil already. :lol:

Not that long, man. Just wait. What will come will come :woot:
Invaders are invaders. They can stay, yes, but not for long. Things always go that way.

Last edited:
US will say but do nothing. Georgia and Ukraine are best example. But anyway, the area 7 is not under dispute. No issue with China. As for area 3 , no company will dare to go and drill there. CMS ship will make sure the company go bust. :lol:
The last time I checked Georgia and Ukraine are not treaty allies of US. And I don’t think the US will leave the Philippines alone in this issue especially now that the latest agreement is sealed. Our government is working with allies to build enough deterrence and military capabilities against future aggression towards our country. THIS is what Obama's pledge is all about. This is what we are hoping to achieve with sharing the bases with US military. :enjoy:

It's absolutely indisputable area. Philippines people have the right to drill oil there by themselves. It's their own Exclusive Economic Zone. China has its own EEZ and must drill oil only in their areas, not others' areas.
Yes you're right. The Philippines is in the right track. The fact that it is within the 200 nautical mile Exclusive economic Zone, so there's nothing to be afraid of. China's claims is based only in fake history, so its not a valid claim.

Last edited:
These actuations of China has made it an irresponsible regional power and definitely unworthy to be a superpower.

Yes you're right. The Philippines is in the right track. The fact that it is within the 200 nautical mile Exclusive economic Zone, so there's nothing to be afraid of. China's claims is based only in fake history, so its not a valid claim.

In fact China's claim is based on Nothing. Their so-called 'historical proofs' are some chinese fishermen came there and they named the islands. There is no action related to claiming sovereignty at the authorities level from them.

I love turtles, therefore I'm not supporting the Chinese government this time.

In fact China's claim is based on Nothing. Their so-called 'historical proofs' are some chinese fishermen came there and they named the islands. There is no action related to claiming sovereignty at the authorities level from them.
As we all know Chinese are good in reinventing their history, that’s why they are avoiding arbitration or mediation because they lack a solid foundation about their claims. Filipinos and Vietnamese cannot trust these people, they never live to their commitments, and in short they stab your back while you’re at sleep. If you give them a bite, they will eat you up bit by bit until nothing is left. It's like a virus, spreading all over the place. The whole world must be warned to be vigilant on the Chinese activities as they have the potential to become a global threat to the environment and peace if left unchecked.

Russia just doesn't care. They just sell guns, and China buy a lot. Btw China is helping Russia in Ukraine, and Russia is very appreciate.
So, never rely on people who sell you guns.
the Chinese did not help Russia in Crimea. they stayed neutral.

okay, Russia needs money, and they get from selling stuffs to the Chinese.
but we have seen in history that sometimes politics has played a more dominant role than economics.

let wait how the Russians see this escalation. I am pretty sure if we win Russia, we will win this confrontation. a hostile Russia is the absolute nightmare for the Chinese. a two-front war.

I don't support the actions of poaching the endangered turtles either, but i see this as a good opportunity for China to spank Philippines for good.

Some of those fishermen are really troublesome, they even sneaked to Korean water and stole fishy.
I do wish that the Chinese government really has some good plan to get them back, otherwise things will get ugly.

Jakarta Globe
May 09, 2014

ONESIA-BRITAIN-RIG-993112-.jpg

Indonesian Foreign Minister Marty Natalegawa wants to come up with a solution to territorial disputes of the South China Sea. (AFP Photo/Adek Berry)

Naypyidaw, Myanmar. Indonesian Foreign Minister Marty Natalegawa said on Friday that it was important for members of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations and China “to quickly conclude” the talks on a code of conduct on the South China Sea.

“The recent incident in the South China Sea reminded us of the importance of concluding the code of conduct on that body of water,” said Marty on Friday, ahead of this weekend’s Asean Summit in Myanmar’s capital, Naypyidaw.

China claims sovereignty over nearly all of the resource-rich sea, home to vital shipping lanes, but Asean members including the Philippines, Vietnam, Malaysia and Brunei have overlapping claims.

The South China Sea, which potentially has abundant reserves of crude oil and natural gas, is widely considered as a flashpoint for a potential military conflict with China, which recently has been exerting its influence in the region.

Tensions are high after a collision between Chinese and Vietnamese vessels in the disputed area last week.

Vietnam has accused China of conducting drilling operations outside its territory, while the Chinese government believes otherwise and accuses Vietnam of intentionally provoking the incident, according to a report from Reuters.

“The risk of an incident is very real. I hope the current meetings in Myanmar will reinforce further recognition of that fact,” said the minister.

Marty added that what’s happening on the ground was “not helping” and “could derail the talks”.

The minister added that the talks between Asean and the Chinese had yielded positive results.

Indonesia has been pushing for the code of conduct, which will act to restrain the issue turning into a full-blown military conflict.

Building trust, avoiding conflicts and maintaining a conducive situation in the South China Sea was the goal of the code, according to Marty.

Rahmat Pramono, Indonesia’s ambassador to Asean, said the government hopes the summit in Myanmar will produce a joint statement that will highlight the importance of the issue to the 10-member Asean.

“We are working toward a common goal and understanding, but how will it sound and how it will be worded is another issue,” said Rahmat, adding that not all members had agreed to an understanding

The issue of the South China Sea almost divided Asean after leaders failed for the first time to produce a joint communique in the wake of the 2012 summit in Cambodia.

Marty then embarked on shuttle diplomacy to save Asean from its first failure, even if it was only a simple, well-written diplomatic statement.

While China believes that the issue of the disputed sea should be solved in a bilateral manner, Asean is pushing for a multilateral approach.

Indonesia, as the largest member in the group of Southeast Asian nations and a non-claimant state in the quarrel, is seen as an ideal, neutral broker.

Indonesia Stresses Importance of Code of Conduct in South China Sea | The Jakarta Globe

but we have seen in history that sometimes politics has played a more dominant role than economics.

let wait how the Russians see this escalation. I am pretty sure if we win Russia, we will win this confrontation. a hostile Russia is the absolute nightmare for the Chinese. a two-front war.

Being neutral was already considered as a help, since Putin thanked China (and India).

------------------------------------------------------------

Well I don't see the problem over this action, Vietnam is also digging tons of oil from the SCS yearly without "China's permission".

Some of those fishermen are really troublesome, they even sneaked to Korean water and stole fishy.
I do wish that the Chinese government really has some good plan to get them back, otherwise things will get ugly.

Yep, that's true, they are dragging us into the additional mess.

But CPC is indeed a very good babysitter, so some people should stop blaming CPC for everything.

Imagine if it is KMT, they wouldn't even do a damn thing.

Russia does care more about money than they do care about Vietnam.

Russia-China: When one door closes, another opens — RT Op-Edge

Vietnam also claims "Philippines" water and islands based on Vietnamese 'historical proofs' from Vietnamese fishermen, you both even have conflicted with each other over this issue and I remember that you even took at least one of "their" island and killed some of their men.

Back
Top Bottom