What's new

SL Gives Uganda US$ 150 million for Water Project.

Sri Lanka cannot start heavy industries sector without the below factors.

1) Money - we don't have enough money to start the business and no one is giving us money to do so like Japan or Germany. Neither we have a collective business group to undertake such a daunting task.

2) Intellects - Our education sectors don't produce enough manpower to deal with such tasks. And the actual intellects who are produced go to other countries for better jobs. Unless we change our educational sector we cannot create heavy industries.

And you should be killed because someone else is powerful than you according to natural selection.

Does SL has sufficient mineral reserves to set up heavy industries like Iron n Steel, Aluminium, etc. ?
if yes then ur Govt. can open up these sectors for Foreign investors i m sure many Indian n Chinese businessman would be willing to invest in SL heavy industry sector provided there r enough resources n govt support...:)

Does SL has sufficient mineral reserves to set up heavy industries like Iron n Steel, Aluminium, etc. ?
if yes then ur Govt. can open up these sectors for Foreign investors i m sure many Indian n Chinese businessman would be willing to invest in SL heavy industry sector provided there r enough resources n govt support...:)

No sri lanka don't have raw material to start heavy industry on it's own.

We have 40 million tons of iron ore. We not going to use our oil or iron ore, we are going to keep it safe untill the rest of the world runs out.

After we pump oil from the mannar basin, we're going to create strategic oil reserves and keep it there as an asset of national importance until the rest of the world runs out of oil and turns to chaos.

Then i would suggest rather than dream of setting up heavy industry SL should focus more on Singapore's model of growth through service industry but for that u guys have to come with some very good higher education institutes as even though SL has a high literacy rate it severely lack in higher education segment.

Plus SL can also become a refuelling n ship building hub...:)

Then i would suggest rather than dream of setting up heavy industry SL should focus more on Singapore's model of growth through service industry but for that u guys have to come with some very good higher education institutes as even though SL has a high literacy rate it severely lack in higher education segment.

Plus SL can also become a refuelling n ship building hub...:)

Already heading in that direction..The aim is to be the service hub for the subcontinent..Hambantota port will be the biggest transshipment/Bunkering port East of Dubai when it comes in to operation

Back
Top Bottom