What's new

Six Pakistanis killed over visit to Sufi Muslim shrine

this event although very alarming and barbaric happened may be in Thatta which is a part of interior Sindh not karachi , their seems to misinformation there were 6 people shot at a sufi shrine in thatta

i dont know whts happening in pakistan..........
here in india even non muslims visit sufi shrines.......i myself have done so a few times......never a problem
Dargah of Hazrat Zahir Auliya Khuwajagan, Poa-Mecca mosque,Dargah of Giasuddin Auliya,Ajan Pir dikhomukh... to name a few.......(not implying "we r perfect")

i hope,at least "educated ppl of pakistan" take heed.....

Is the article correct in the assertion that most Pakistanis are Sufis?
That itself is news to me :unsure:

this event although very alarming and barbaric happened may be in Thatta which is a part of interior Sindh not karachi , their seems to misinformation there were 6 people shot at a sufi shrine in thatta
This one is talking about beheading and throats slit ...
RIP to the dead...

="Oscar, post: 5120217, member: 14956"]Why are you insecure on your own question.

I have the right to ask a question for a statement he made on open forum which i did thats not called being insecure.

I never claimed to be the authority..

Where did i?.

Good Boy over here asked in jest if the activity was Islamic and singing praises not. on which you descended like the next prophet himself..

''in jest'= A playful or amusing act'' he asked a question about Islam and some one being beheaded ''in jest'' Really. clearly i should apologies to Goodboy as 5 or six people losing their lives to extremist is amusing .

So if anything, the onus is on you

No Mr Mod the onus is on you since you jumped in and claimed ''you descended like the next prophet himself'' addressing me on behalf of Goodboy.

what is Islam and what isn't?

Yes i find Beheading of six people extremist act and has nothing to do with islam which you obviously wanna contest please enlighten Me and as am always willing to learn more.

Where is the certificate of endorsement by Allah

Funny i am being asked by a Mod to produce a certificate of endorsement by Allah for asking a question.obviously i dont have but please feel free to show yours since you are the one authorized .

@Cheetah786 : You misunderstood the tenor of @GoodBoy 's rhetorical question. He was sarcastically making the point that for the talibs, beheading is halal and singing songs (even in praise of allah) is haram. He was pointing out the perversity of the talibs, not making a statement about islam. You took it at face value; it wasn't meant to be taken so.

Since neither of you are purposeful trolls, I hope this puts an end to the misunderstanding.

@Cheetah786 : You misunderstood the tenor of @GoodBoy 's rhetorical question. He was sarcastically making the point that for the talibs, beheading is halal and singing songs (even in praise of allah) is haram. He was pointing out the perversity of the talibs, not making a statement about islam. You took it at face value; it wasn't meant to be taken so.

Since neither of you are purposeful trolls, I hope this puts an end to the misunderstanding.

When you travel around the world these kinds of unexplained statements are picked up by people who needs any thing to keep ISLAM looking like a religion that promotes hatred and killings.

I wanted Goodboy to explain what he is saying and not use a ''sarcasm'' to give more fuel to desperate.

The article makes a number of assertions that are gross generalizations at best. The article writer should not have injected his opinions as pseudo-facts.

This crime ought to be investigated with all angles in mind, including the possibility of diversion by perpetrators.

Beheading is Islamic? before you make a comment what is Islamic or not do u know Islam?

airmarshal this is why the world questions you go ahead and tell me i am wrong.

Good boy was being sarcastic it seemed pretty obvious....

Is the article correct in the assertion that most Pakistanis are Sufis?

Not exactly, hundreds or so years ago the answer would be yes but over time the sufism in the subcontinent morphed with orthodoxy to make Barelvism which is basically a mix of both. What differentiates Barelvis from orthodox though is the supernatural abilities they ascribe the Prophet Muhammad PBUH.

Last edited:
"KingMamba, post: 5120452, member: 139641"]Good boy was being sarcastic it seemed pretty obvious....

Really !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Not exactly, hundreds or so years ago the answer would be yes but over time the sufism in the subcontinent morphed with orthodoxy to make Barelvism which is basically a mix of both. What differentiates Barelvis from orthodox though is the supernatural abilities they ascribe the Prophet Muhammad PBUH.

KingMamba was the first king of pakistan 100 years ago :pakistan:

Pakistan: Six men found with throats slit near Sufi shrine in Karachi

Six bodies with their throats slit were found near a 'mazaar' in Karachi on Tuesday, with a note warning against visiting such shrines.

The corpses were recovered near the shrine of Ayub Shah Bukhari on the outskirts of Karachi. Bukhari is revered as a saint by followers of Sufism.

Three of the dead used to work at the shrine while the others were frequent visitors, senior police officer Amir Farooqi said.

Farooqi said Muslim extremists might be behind the incident though this cannot be ascertained without further investigation, BBC Urdu reported.

Police found a note lying beside the bodies that warned: "Stop visiting shrines - from the Tehrik-e-Taliban." A bloodstained knife was also found at the site.

Police detained some suspects and sent the knife for forensic tests.

No group claimed responsibility for the killings though the outlawed Pakistani Taliban have a significant presence in the port city.

The Taliban condemn worship at shrines as a grave sin and have carried out many bomb and suicide attacks at shrines in recent years.

In April 2011, at least 50 people were killed in a suicide attack on a shrine in the city of Dera Ghazi Khan.

Pakistan: Six men found with throats slit near Sufi shrine in Karachi - Indian Express

Back
Top Bottom