What's new

sir.mm.alam in 2010

He left he shining career to become a moulvi..not a justice to his abilities..he could have been a very valuable instructor or trainer after retirement!

Last edited:
I dont think he would had faught against his own country now called Bangladesh in 1971. He was probably conviced by Pakistani eshtablishment after 1971 to remain in Pakistan only to save some face. I dont think he ever visited Bangladesh anymore but I am curious to know.

No offence brother, bangalis are our brothers and what ever happened in 71 was the result of crooked politicians and Indian conspiracy. It was a mistake from both sides.

my parents are from Bangladesh. They tell me that most of the Bangalis didnt want to seperate from Pakistan and mourned this disasterous event. ofcourse there were also supporters of Mukti Bahnis and Mujeeb but overall it was just a bad day for Pakistan.

When u said that M M Alam would have never fought against 'his own country Bangladesh', let me tell u catagorically that Mohammed Mahmud Alam WANTED TO FIGHT FOR PAKISTAN AND AGAINST THE PRO-BANGLA FACTION. Take it like this, any patriotic national would never want dismemberment of his country, they are above nationalistic and linguistic issues. they may have opinions about politics but would never jepordize national interest.

Im from an urdu speaking background living in Karachi, I may think that my country has problems but would never side with with elements who are bent upon seperation from the federation, case in point so called political parties like MQM, BLA, ANP etc.

The main bone of contention between the Pakistan Air Force and M M Alam was that he was grounded because of ethnic reasons. He wanted to fly and fight for pakistan and serve the PAKISTAN Air Force. If you consider the trecherous and tromultous times pakistan was treading through, one can't evn blame the government for their actions. The Rashid minhas incident had also taken place and the armed forces were aware of traitors in the midst. so they adopted the 'Better Safe Than Sorry' doctrine in connection to all East Pakistani officers.

uptil this point of time, i never disclosed this but now i am... I am related to M. M. Alam; he is my maternal uncle. (my Mammoo) so i know first hand opinions and accounts of a lot things from his life.

heres a funny incident about him.

back in the late 90s, he was well into his 60s. he came visiting us at our house on a weekend, at around 3in the afternoon. There was a power failure and generators were not very common back then (atleast we didn't have one). M.M. Mammoo, as we all call him, kept ringing the bell, unaware of the electricity status. When nobody answered the door, he scaled the main gate himself and jumped inside the house!! the gate in atleast 10 feet high and has barbed grilling on top. Imagine! a 60+ guy doing that.

M.M. Mammoo and i often used to have push up contests. let me tell u that i have been to a Cadet Collge and was alwasy very fit, but I was NEVER able to beat him! he would run daily for miles at the age of 55+. Now he is 74 years old MashaAllah. His health is not top notch but he is ever so enthusiastic for any time his country calls him in the line of duty!!

He is a true WARRIOR to the core. but he is also a very deeply spiritual and scholarly person, full of knowledge and sagacity!
AND I GAURANTEE IT, IF THEIR IS A WAR WITH INDIA AND HE IS 110 YEARS OLD, HE WILL COME TO FIGHT IN ANY CAPACITY.

I love you M M Mammoo, u are my true source of inspiration.

regards, :pakistan:

GodOfWar: You are lucky to have him in your family. I could tell more stories about his time in 1971, but out of respect for him, I will NOT. When you see him again, just say "salaam" from an old guy. ;)

No offence brother, bangalis are our brothers and what ever happened in 71 was the result of crooked politicians and Indian conspiracy. It was a mistake from both sides.

my parents are from Bangladesh. They tell me that most of the Bangalis didnt want to seperate from Pakistan and mourned this disasterous event. ofcourse there were also supporters of Mukti Bahnis and Mujeeb but overall it was just a bad day for Pakistan.

When u said that M M Alam would have never fought against 'his own country Bangladesh', let me tell u catagorically that Mohammed Mahmud Alam WANTED TO FIGHT FOR PAKISTAN AND AGAINST THE PRO-BANGLA FACTION. Take it like this, any patriotic national would never want dismemberment of his country, they are above nationalistic and linguistic issues. they may have opinions about politics but would never jepordize national interest.

Im from an urdu speaking background living in Karachi, I may think that my country has problems but would never side with with elements who are bent upon seperation from the federation, case in point so called political parties like MQM, BLA, ANP etc.

The main bone of contention between the Pakistan Air Force and M M Alam was that he was grounded because of ethnic reasons. He wanted to fly and fight for pakistan and serve the PAKISTAN Air Force. If you consider the trecherous and tromultous times pakistan was treading through, one can't evn blame the government for their actions. The Rashid minhas incident had also taken place and the armed forces were aware of traitors in the midst. so they adopted the 'Better Safe Than Sorry' doctrine in connection to all East Pakistani officers.

uptil this point of time, i never disclosed this but now i am... I am related to M. M. Alam; he is my maternal uncle. (my Mammoo) so i know first hand opinions and accounts of a lot things from his life.

heres a funny incident about him.

back in the late 90s, he was well into his 60s. he came visiting us at our house on a weekend, at around 3in the afternoon. There was a power failure and generators were not very common back then (atleast we didn't have one). M.M. Mammoo, as we all call him, kept ringing the bell, unaware of the electricity status. When nobody answered the door, he scaled the main gate himself and jumped inside the house!! the gate in atleast 10 feet high and has barbed grilling on top. Imagine! a 60+ guy doing that.

M.M. Mammoo and i often used to have push up contests. let me tell u that i have been to a Cadet Collge and was alwasy very fit, but I was NEVER able to beat him! he would run daily for miles at the age of 55+. Now he is 74 years old MashaAllah. His health is not top notch but he is ever so enthusiastic for any time his country calls him in the line of duty!!

He is a true WARRIOR to the core. but he is also a very deeply spiritual and scholarly person, full of knowledge and sagacity!
AND I GAURANTEE IT, IF THEIR IS A WAR WITH INDIA AND HE IS 110 YEARS OLD, HE WILL COME TO FIGHT IN ANY CAPACITY.

I love you M M Mammoo, u are my true source of inspiration.

regards, :pakistan:

Sorry my bad. I did not know M. M. Alam from Urdu background but most people think he was a Bengali. May be because he migrated from Calcutta.
Your assumption to Bangaladesh separtion is biased. Fact is 30% people voted against Mujib in 1970 election which was enough to keep pakistan united. But after March 25th the situation was totally different. People just wanted to get rid of Pakistan except some bought up Rajakars and some fanatice Jamatis. 1.5 million people died counted from independent source. There were nobody to bury the dead and rotten under the open sky, 10 million fleed from their own livelihood. You think after all these anybody in right mind will kiss pakistani a$$ anymore?

Let me give you another example.
My brother in law a Major in 1971, a bengali and a hard core Muslim Leaguer faught valiantly in Shialkot for the unified Pakistan. But after the war he was kept hostage with other Bengali officers and let go with prisoner exchange. He could not get back his job in BD army and had to struggle hand to mouth with his 5 children for 5 years. Since Gen Zia became the president of BD who is a friend of my brother in law called him and offered him a job in a Public corporation. He is retired now and doing alright.

a true hero indeed, May Allah bestow his blessings upon MM Alam and his family, Ameen!!

East Pakistan was absolute disaster thanks Bhutto greed of power and Mujeeb puppet play in indian hands..lack of patriotism between two brothers well exploited by enemy..! But to each their own i think the destiny ordained us to be seprated and we are happy the way we are now. The biggest problem with east-pakistan was their only neighbour was India and tough releations affected their livelihood very adversely.

Sorry my bad. I did not know M. M. Alam from Urdu background but most people think he was a Bengali. May be because he migrated from Calcutta.
Your assumption to Bangaladesh separtion is biased. Fact is 30% people voted against Mujib in 1970 election which was enough to keep pakistan united. But after March 25th the situation was totally different. People just wanted to get rid of Pakistan except some bought up Rajakars and some fanatice Jamatis. 1.5 million people died counted from independent source. There were nobody to bury the dead and rotten under the open sky, 10 million fleed from their own livelihood. You think after all these anybody in right mind will kiss pakistani a$$ anymore?

Let me give you another example.
My brother in law a Major in 1971, a bengali and a hard core Muslim Leaguer faught valiantly in Shialkot for the unified Pakistan. But after the war he was kept hostage with other Bengali officers and let go with prisoner exchange. He could not get back his job in BD army and had to struggle hand to mouth with his 5 children for 5 years. Since Gen Zia became the president of BD who is a friend of my brother in law called him and offered him a job in a Public corporation. He is retired now and doing alright.

Sir, history always has two facets, what happened in 71 was horrid, East and West pakistan both had their faults.

You may have a different take and i another... thats beyond the scope of this discussion. All in all, alot of innocent people suffered because of the greed of a few nasty politicians.

My sincerest regards to your brother for fighting valiently in the Sialkot front.

GodOfWar: You are lucky to have him in your family. I could tell more stories about his time in 1971, but out of respect for him, I will NOT. When you see him again, just say "salaam" from an old guy. ;)

indeed im previlaged and honoured to have him, he is my mentor in more ways i can imagine.

seems like u know him, were u in service with him? would appreciate if u could introduce urself a little. PM me if u may.

Well sir, what ever stories u have of him, im all ears again PM me.

But no one can dispute the fact that he is a true PATRIOT OF PAKISTAN.:pakistan:

And if he were'nt the airforce would not entrust him with the Mirage and F16 flyover from france and the US:pakistan::pakistan:

What we did with our real Heros

Abdul Qadir Khan
MM.Alam and many many others

and still people are totally out of sense idiot calling MUSHARAF and supporting that idiot seriously people of this country totally nutz! thats why idiotss on our HEADss!

Nice to see him. A living Legend!

He left he shining career to become a moulvi..not a justice to his abilities..he could have been a very valuable instructor or trainer after retirement!

Stop this crap!

I dont think he would had faught against his own country now called Bangladesh in 1971. He was probably conviced by Pakistani eshtablishment after 1971 to remain in Pakistan only to save some face. I dont think he ever visited Bangladesh anymore but I am curious to know.
Not at all - He planned several operations during 71 war.He was too senior by 1971 was administration war plans per Muradk.In fact after war he flew along side PAF pilots but he was too powerful by now hence crushed by people with vested interests but he did become one star General.MM ALAM was a bihari by the way!Even Raifiqui another great PAF Pilots parents stayed in Pakistan after 1971.Our Chief Justice after war was also a Bengali.In any case; MM ALAM is one of the best Fighter Pilots PAF has ever produced.

Last edited:
East Pakistan was absolute disaster thanks Bhutto greed of power and Mujeeb puppet play in indian hands..lack of patriotism between two brothers well exploited by enemy..! But to each their own i think the destiny ordained us to be seprated and we are happy the way we are now. The biggest problem with east-pakistan was their only neighbour was India and tough releations affected their livelihood very adversely.

Yes you have Afghanistan as neighbour...But anyways my respect for Air Commodore M. M. Alam. He seems to be a great soldier for his nation.

Thanx Imran Bhai ALLAH SUBHAN WA TALLAH Apko aur M.M ALAM ko Hamesha paindabad rakha Ameen

I'm so glad to know we have relatives of this great man on this forum. And I'm glad to know VCheng has met him. M.M. Alam has always been mine and a lot of other folks' hero. It wouldn't have made any difference if he were from a different background. Ethnicity does not determine a person's greatness.

GoW, kindly covey my salams to your M.M. Mammoo. I wish I could meet him someday.

Back
Top Bottom