What's new

Sindh government to ban Skype,Viber,WhatsApp for 3 months

Apparently its not working currently in Karachi.

It is..whats app is working as well and my skype is working too.

ISLAMABAD: Federal Interior Minister, Chaudhry Nisar, Thursday said that no decision had been taken regarding the imposition of a ban on instant messaging and internet telephony services including Skype, Whatsapp, Viber, and Tango in Sindh.

Ch Nisar’s statement came on the heels of an announcement made by Sindh Information Minister, Sharjeel Memon, in which he said that the provincial government had decided to block the above-mentioned Internet services for three months citing security reasons.

“I am not in the favour of a ban like this and we have not taken a final decision so far. The federal government will carefully see how much weight does this proposal carry if it receives one from the Sindh government”, said he.

On the other hand, the acting chairman Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) told Geo News that he had no idea whether there was a provision in the law to impose such a ban.

He also denied being aware of any letter written to PTA by the Sindh government for the same.

Sources in the PTA said that at the moment the authority was not authorized to ban these services.

It is pertinent to mention that Memon did not spell out how closing down the networks would improve security, but security services say instant messaging and internet telephony are used by militants and other armed groups to plan attacks.

The decision was taken after a meeting attended by the Sindh chief minister and senior police and intelligence officials.

"We are imposing a ban on Whatsapp, Skype, Viber, Tango and other networks," Memon told a news conference. "The ban will remain in place for at least three months for security reasons."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Source>>
http://www.thenews.com.pk/article-1...vour-of-banning-Skype,-Viber,-Whatsapp,-Tango

Probably they won't ban same as PTA announced to Ban all call/sms packages.

They can communicate by gtalk, AIM or even Nimbuzz

A few days back it was revealed to me that MQM workers and terrorists, specially target killers, are being contacted and guided through viber and skype as communication through these services can hardly be traced. Although its difficult for all of us but what if it brings peace to the city?
The reason I doubt this decision is that why now? Where was that Sindhi Topi minister just before a few months? Why did he and other followers, most of who are still having the similar possessions, not do something like this when they had much more power and ability to carry out cleanup operation?

Sindh government to ban Skype,Viber,WhatsApp for 3 months?

Breaking News: Sindh government is extremely stupid.

wherever will the burgers go now? Oh whatever will they do? They're lifeline has been taken. :what:

What will the mailas do? Make more lame jokes like this? Their life...oh wait you don't have a life.

You seem to have taken it personally. what is mailas btw? And you don't work for NSA do you ? since you seem to know so much about me to judge I haven't a life. Or wait, are you...?

As if you're a desi kukkkar (rooster) yourself ! :p

Tuuu bhiii tou utnaaa hiii burger haiii ! :azn:

I don't even know what a burger truly is, I just heard it a lot from friends in Pakistan... Something to do with eating burgers..:ashamed: I think

You seem to have taken it personally. what is mailas btw? And you don't work for NSA do you ? since you seem to know so much about me to judge I haven't a life. Or wait, are you...?

I don't even know what a burger truly is, I just heard it a lot from friends in Pakistan... Something to do with eating burgers..:ashamed: I think

You seem to be acting like a smartass. The one who has never used any of these is asking me that, seriously? I could deduce from your post, simple logic, and I can confirm from your practically irrelevant mention of NSA.

You seem to be acting like a smartass. The one who has never used any of these is asking me that, seriously? I could deduce from your post, simple logic, and I can confirm from your practically irrelevant mention of NSA.

Again, I really don't know what you are smoking but you seem to assume a lot of things, like I haven't used these things.

I think you are the one acting like a smart....

Now tell me what mailas is? Is this some terminology invented by the burger class to refer to inferior species such as me?

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom