What's new

SIMs planted by IB helped nail Pakistan's role in 26/11 Mumbai attacks

It was Pakistani Media that uncovered the Identity of Kasab, There is one more thread which is running in which Pakistani Authorities just days back said "India should have approached them for clues and investigation"

Key Pak witness quizzed in 26/11 Mumbai attacks trial

India should have approached us directly: Pakistan

Then there is David Headly who worked for ISI and CIA in the past and a frequent visitor of training camps in Pakistan.

These guys are trained to utter words in such a manner so that his real identity can be hidden.

Ok where is that rolling eyes emoticon....Give it a rest! Ranting like an old aint gonna prove anything!!

Heck I am out of this useless thread!!

Kasab had parents is evidence of involvement of ISI or Hafiz Saeed? The biggest proof that India was behind these attacks is the destruction of evidence, the sole survivor of the operation.......and that the investigating official got killed in the process was what??? A Bonus perhaps???

ATS chief Hemant Karkare and other officers who died on the way to Cama hospital are true heroes who laid their lives on the line of duty. He was investigating Malegoan blasts and found some hindu extremists involvement.
And shifting the blame to Pakistan just to show that they are clean? Nice 1!!

By bringing in GOD I proved the freak was from your side of the border!

why the hell are you sending your commission to investigate?? To prove what??

"... the trick worked fabulously"

After the deaths of so many I think many would beg to disagree. From here the rest of the article lacks credibility.

NEW DELHI: Months before the Lashkar marauders struck Mumbai, the counter-terrorism wing of the Intelligence Bureau (IB) had been tipped off about a plan by the jihadi group to procure Indian mobiles. The counterterrorism wing decided to play along, and working with an IG of Jammu & Kashmir, decided to plant some of their own SIMs in the bunch that Lashkar contacts had obtained, by providing fake addresses, for their masters across the border.

The idea was to gather leads on Lashkar's plots, and the trick worked fabulously and was crucial in identifying Pakistani fingerprints on the Mumbai attack. In the initial hours, when there was utter confusion about the identity of the attackers, the number that IB had managed to plant gave Indian agencies the first idea that the gunmen rampaging across Mumbai were part of a Lashkar-ISI plot to bleed the city.

The agencies were groping in the dark when one of the attackers activated the number +91 9910719424 to get in touch with his handler. Being a Bharti Airtel connection, it caught the attention of IB's counterterror wing. A quick check of the data bank turned up the surprise: it was among the numbers which was planted by the IB.

The finding confirmed that the city had been subjected to a Lashkar-ISI attack. The IB people listening into the conversation through the number also found that the Lashkar operative who was with Ajmal Kasab was referred to as Ismail Bhai by the handlers in the Karachicontrol room.

The monitoring of the number also threw up the fact that they had come via the sea route and had landed at Badhwar Park, as well as the anger and disappointment of the handlers with Ismail Bhai for having left the GPS device in the inflatable dingy which they took to reach the coast.

The discovery of the GPS device, which was supposed to have been destroyed and consigned to the sea as soon as the gang neared Mumbai, proved critical in establishing that they had started from Karachi: all so critical for nailing Pakistan's lie that its agencies had nothing to do with the attack.

The number also helped police ascertain the location of another group of gunmen.

The significance of the SIM matches that of the lucky catch of Ajmal Kasab. But for these two facts, India would have had little to establish the complicity of Pakistan's state actors in the attack. The ISI and Lashkar had conspired to pass off the attackers, all of them determined to get killed after massacring innocents, as Indians. Fake identity cards introducing them as students of engineering colleges in Karnataka had been arranged, while the attackers had tied saffron threads to their wrists.

The statements made by some politicians who suspected the attack to be a Hindutva conspiracy to eliminate the then chief of Maharashtra ATS showed that they would have got away with it.

In their freshly-released book 'The Siege', Adrian Levy and Cathy Scott-Clark mention the importance of +91 9910719424. However, they say the number was traced by a western intelligence agency: a claim which has Indian agencies bristling with resentment.

SIMs planted by IB helped nail Pakistan's role in 26/11 Mumbai attacks - The Times of India

Its time you people should grow up, no one in the world believes your garbage and no one cares, we least care about what you come up with everyday

So Kasab was working for Indian intelligence according to you as you called it a false flag Indian operation? If ISI wasn't involved why did authorities deny access to media from entering his village and why did they take away his family? Even international community knows who were involved. US intelligence also independently confirmed that Lashkar-ISI were involved, that's why they put a bounty on Hafeez Saeed and warned Pak to stop state-sponsored terrorism.

It should have been determined through a joint investigation, by both countries, what Kasab was actually doing in India, especially since he was supposedly arrested in Nepal and handed over to India much earlier.

The authorities, in Pakistan, did exactly what they should have done, to isolate the parents of an alleged terrorist, to interrogate them. However, it was the same Pakistani media that broke all those stories about Kasab's background and his Nationality so they did get access. Basically, the authorities interrogate and investigate cases before the media is allowed to do the same, it is the SOP of all countries.

US was involved as much as India forced them and not a percent more. It was intense Indian and Israeli lobbying that got the US involved. Hafiz Saeed openly challenged the US to start legal proceeding against him in a US court and that he would appear in person to defend himself. They never did, because courts in the US would require proof of his involvement which does not exist!

It should have been determined through a joint investigation, by both countries, what Kasab was actually doing in India, especially since he was supposedly arrested in Nepal and handed over to India much earlier.

The authorities, in Pakistan, did exactly what they should have done, to isolate the parents of an alleged terrorist, to interrogate them. However, it was the same Pakistani media that broke all those stories about Kasab's background and his Nationality so they did get access. Basically, the authorities interrogate and investigate cases before the media is allowed to do the same, it is the SOP of all countries.

US was involved as much as India forced them and not a percent more. It was intense Indian and Israeli lobbying that got the US involved. Hafiz Saeed openly challenged the US to start legal proceeding against him in a US court and that he would appear in person to defend himself. They never did, because courts in the US would require proof of his involvement which does not exist!
Kasab arrested in Nepal? RIDICULOUS!!!!:rofl: Did the constable who got killed while arresting Kasab died by himself?

The Pak authorities took his family away from their village, this is not a usual procedure anywhere in the world. People are taken away when there's an arrest warrant against them, not for "isolation". They did that to cover up the fact that Kasab's family existed in Pak and that he was Pakistani. And it was Indian authorities which first found out that Kasab was Pakistani.

A powerful country like US can't be forced by India. US's FBI independently confirmed that Lashkar-ISI were involved in the act. Does David Headley ring a bell?

Its time you people should grow up, no one in the world believes your garbage and no one cares, we least care about what you come up with everyday
Yeah no one listens to us. That's why LeT is an internationally designated terrorist organisation and that's why Hafiz Saeed has an American bounty on his head. And that's why US and UN warn Pak to stop sponsoring terrorism.

get over it indians ... everyday creating new thread on this site wont solve anything ..

For us 26/11 is nothing and we give a damn to it... so grow up and move on ..
And Pak's claim to J&K and its water sharing concerns do not matter at all to us so forget about it all and move on.

Last edited:
why the hell are you sending your commission to investigate?? To prove what??
Prob your commissions begged ours to come over and "take action" or something along those lines...If no then prob just shove a shoe in their mouth to stop whining like a baby and grow a pair!! 8-)

my friend i think u dont have any idea how these things work....they monitored the sim when it was activated...i.e. it was being used in a cellphone....
and even after monitoring they werent able to link them to 26/11 attacks....due to no cal or msgs from that phone......nd one more think they must hav planted 1000's of sims out of which few 100 might hav been activated..and finding one with a terrorist wasnt easy..........do remember not only terrorist run behind without proof sims but also general people.....so getting terrorist out wasnt an easy job!....
the sims arent like 10s of IB offiicials are waiting for sim to b activated...they monitor the sim only if they find something wierd with those sims like too much international calling....or messaging.....
and my dear frined, i spent my life around such things and people, so believe me when i say this, I do have an idea how these things work.
all i wanted to hear from you guys was - there was and is nothing to brag about in the actions of IB to counter the attacks.

Also let me give you a hint here - most of the times most of the calls of most of the influential people are tapped in, even SMS. they also monitor the numbers with high international calling so that is SOP for gathering SIGNINT.
But once you say you have planted the sims and that too with people you know are attackers - then you dont need to monitor whether that number is making 100s of international calls.

gps device's data didnt prove that it had pakistani involvement in it.....it just showed the path followed by device........
the further involment or not is decided on joining many more strings.....here v have only discussed 2 of them :azn:
and even that didn't get us anywhere but back to your own backyard my dear - you wana discuss about more strings???
trust me am certified investigator :)

But once you say you have planted the sims and that too with people you know are attackers - then you dont need to monitor whether that number is making 100s of international calls.
sir u didnt get me....
i mean IB planted 1000s of sims....they didnt give those sim to attackers.......they just planted without proof sims in india......
the reason behind this is that they didnt knew who the attacker were or what they were going to do...those sims werent activated those were brand new sims planted in market.....but they knew that only terrorist or criminals or some nauty elements will search for without proof sims in the market...
nd i repeat again the sim was used only when terrorists landed on indian soil...so the sim was activated when it reachd here..so thus monitered when reached here in india....

and even that didn't get us anywhere but back to your own backyard my dear - you wana discuss about more strings???
trust me am certified investigator :)
my friend wont it b logical to think if the gps led us to our own background then y would IB want to report that any GPs was found :azn:
for a moment unblind urself from negative nd understand wht i'm saying from my last 2 quotes......
if u r saying that we planned it nd u came to know..then simple question y didnt the top intel agencies like CIA & FBI get it :azn:
why would IB take help of FBI if it was an internal attack

i understand ur patriotism but take a look arroundonly u guys are terming indian investigation as fake or low standar..if i was u evn i would argue as evn i couldnt hear anything against my country :)

sir u didnt get me....
i mean IB planted 1000s of sims....they didnt give those sim to attackers.......they just planted without proof sims in india......
the reason behind this is that they didnt knew who the attacker were or what they were going to do...those sims werent activated those were brand new sims planted in market.....but they knew that only terrorist or criminals or some nauty elements will search for without proof sims in the market...
nd i repeat again the sim was used only when terrorists landed on indian soil...so the sim was activated when it reachd here..so thus monitered when reached here in india....

perhaps you should read the article posted above again - because it is something being claimed by your guys and not me. Here let me be a gentleman and quote the above for you

NEW DELHI: Months before the Lashkar marauders struck Mumbai, the counter-terrorism wing of the Intelligence Bureau (IB) had been tipped off about a plan by the jihadi group to procure Indian mobiles. The counterterrorism wing decided to play along, and working with an IG of Jammu & Kashmir, decided to plant some of their own SIMs in the bunch that Lashkar contacts had obtained, by providing fake addresses, for their masters across the border.

The idea was to gather leads on Lashkar's plots, and the trick worked fabulously and was crucial in identifying Pakistani fingerprints on the Mumbai attack. In the initial hours, when there was utter confusion about the identity of the attackers, the number that IB had managed to plant gave Indian agencies the first idea that the gunmen rampaging across Mumbai were part of a Lashkar-ISI plot to bleed the city.

The agencies were groping in the dark when one of the attackers activated the number +91 9910719424 to get in touch with his handler. Being a Bharti Airtel connection, it caught the attention of IB's counterterror wing. A quick check of the data bank turned up the surprise: it was among the numbers which was planted by the IB.

The finding confirmed that the city had been subjected to a Lashkar-ISI attack. The IB people listening into the conversation through the number also found that the Lashkar operative who was with Ajmal Kasab was referred to as Ismail Bhai by the handlers in the Karachicontrol room.

The monitoring of the number also threw up the fact that they had come via the sea route and had landed at Badhwar Park, as well as the anger and disappointment of the handlers with Ismail Bhai for having left the GPS device in the inflatable dingy which they took to reach the coast.

my friend wont it b logical to think if the gps led us to our own background then y would IB want to report that any GPs was found :azn:
for a moment unblind urself from negative nd understand wht i'm saying from my last 2 quotes......
if u r saying that we planned it nd u came to know..then simple question y didnt the top intel agencies like CIA & FBI get it :azn:
why would IB take help of FBI if it was an internal attack

i understand ur patriotism but take a look arroundonly u guys are terming indian investigation as fake or low standar..if i was u evn i would argue as evn i couldnt hear anything against my country :)
look; am not trying to prove anything here - just trying to get my head around certain things which had been posted above, Indian intel agencies were not as smart as portrayed.

I never said it was an internal attack - have I?
its not patriorism that is making me argue - it is my brain that refuses to digest what is fed to it.

perhaps you should read the article posted above again - because it is something being claimed by your guys and not me. Here let me be a gentleman and quote the above for you
only one thing i can sum up not only from this thread but from other threads also running on 26/11....they just had intel that terrorist groups were looking for fake or w/o proof sims.....IB planted them....and on day of 26/11...when the sim was activated on indian soil they motired that particular sim....and herd there conv...in which there aka was giving them commands nd & even was angry that they left GPS in tug boat....the sim jus provided them their live conversation..
we can argue about this way long! but as u r a think tank(respect)
i can agree for one think for sure....>>>
look; am not trying to prove anything here - just trying to get my head around certain things which had been posted above, Indian intel agencies were not as smart as portrayed.

its not patriorism that is making me argue - it is my brain that refuses to digest what is fed to it.
ok i agree yes they werent that smart as potrayed....if they were that smart there would not have been any 26/11 nd they wouldnt need help of FBI...
some versions arround the globe about IB might b/are over exagerated....

as r a think tank sir no more arguments...but hope i made my point clear..:)

get over it indians ... everyday creating new thread on this site wont solve anything ..

For us 26/11 is nothing and we give a damn to it... so grow up and move on ..
I agree even these dumb bhartis cry a river we really don,t care about mumbai attacks ...if they want our attention then first they should give us answer about their own terrorism against indian muslims in Gujarat and kashmiri muslims in occupied kashmir ..everyday new thread is coming up on PDF about kasab..pathetic people.

only one thing i can sum up not only from this thread but from other threads also running on 26/11....they just had intel that terrorist groups were looking for fake or w/o proof sims.....IB planted them....and on day of 26/11...when the sim was activated on indian soil they motired that particular sim....and herd there conv...in which there aka was giving them commands nd & even was angry that they left GPS in tug boat....the sim jus provided them their live conversation..
we can argue about this way long! but as u r a think tank(respect)
i can agree for one think for sure....>>>

ok i agree yes they werent that smart as potrayed....if they were that smart there would not have been any 26/11 nd they wouldnt need help of FBI...
some versions arround the globe about IB might b/are over exagerated....

as r a think tank sir no more arguments...but hope i made my point clear..:)
think tank or not a think tank - that shouldn't even matter my dear- what matter is the arguments and the points that are put forward - they should be valid and should matter.

your points were valid -

SIMs are tracked by the IB in the sense they were data based as those SIMs that were planted with the LeT. Such attempts has been happening long before 26/11 in the counter insurgency ops in Kashmir.

It is only after the attackers started making calls to Karachi from Mumbai by Activating those SIM cards on the night of 26/11 ,IB understood its the same SIM cards they had planted with the LeT . And hence it was able to connect the attack with the LeT

I agree even these dumb bhartis cry a river we really don,t care about mumbai attacks ...if they want our attention then first they should give us answer about their own terrorism against indian muslims in Gujarat and kashmiri muslims in occupied kashmir ..everyday new thread is coming up on PDF about kasab..pathetic people.

Ofcourse , u really don't care about mumbai attacks when a 26/11 like attack happens every other day inside pakistan.

Ofcourse , u really don't care about mumbai attacks when a 26/11 like attack happens every other day inside pakistan.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom