What's new

Sikh kidnapped in Peshawar

Thats the problem! You can speak for the minorities in Pakistan but can not speak for the minorities in India. Very sad on the part of a torchbearer!

In case if you have forgotten, we were extending this post of yours!

Simple reason for that is that I have yet to find many Pakistanis making threads on minority issues related to Pakistan be it a temple razed or Hindu Dr's shot to death it seems that I have to do it but like I said before I would love to see Pakistanis doing so it would be a breath of fresh air for me.

Buddy Indian social news and a local news are not allowed on this forum. You really think beard of Indian Muslim or interview of Indian Muslim actor should be discussed.

Also Indians can't open threads on Pakistan which paints bad picture of Pakistan.

Thing is MODs don't care even after making the rules. So all this mess.

There are 150 million Muslims in India if two people have some problem, does that mean all are suffering ? If tow Pakistanis are terrorists does that mean all 180 million are too.

Problem is we both do generalizations just to bash each other.

This thread is revenge thread as people were discussing Beard of Indian Muslim for over 400 posts.

This excuse is not acceptable anymore, as you yourself have pointed out mods simply do not bother. This very thread was opened by an Indian, I can name members who are here just to open threads against Pakistan, most of the times these threads are not deleted or closed.

For the suffering part - I never said that they all were suffering. The only point that I tried to make was, if one really care about minorities then the spectrum of this compassionate sight must not be restricted to one particular country - one must also speak up against persecution of minorities in its own country too.

Simple reason for that is that I have yet to find many Pakistanis making threads on minority issues related to Pakistan be it a temple razed or Hindu Dr's shot to death it seems that I have to do it but like I said before I would love to see Pakistanis doing so it would be a breath of fresh air for me.

I have already appreciated kudos for your concerns. Now merely asking you to encompass Indian issues too, for many of such issues go unnoticed.

This excuse is not acceptable anymore, as you yourself have pointed out mods simply do not bother. This very thread was opened by an Indian, I can name members who are here just to open threads against Pakistan, most of the times these threads are not deleted or closed.

For the suffering part - I never said that they all were suffering. The only point that I tried to make was, if one really care about minorities then the spectrum of this compassionate sight must not be restricted to one particular country - one must also speak up against persecution of minorities in its own country too.
I have already appreciated kudos for your concerns. Now merely asking you to encompass Indian issues too, for many of such issues go unnoticed.
Social issues, yes. But isolated cases, it creates problems. See, people are fighting like crazy.

For last couple of days even good friends are fighting. Its bringing down discussion level.

@Emmie I have never shirked away from discussing minority related issues in respect to India and I have made contributions myself both with Gujarat riots as well as Babri. As long as it is done in a sensible manner I have no issue at all and please do not think that I will not speak out if there is injustice done to Indian Muslims who I consider my brothers and sisters being Indian.

Last edited by a moderator:
Social issues, yes. But isolated cases, it creates problems. See, people are fighting like crazy.

For last couple of days even good friends are fighting. Its bringing down discussion level.

Yeah, discussion level has almost gone to the level of gutter, good members are also into mudslinging contest..

@Emmie I have never shirked away from discussing minority related issues in respect to India and I have made contributions myself both with Gujarat riots as well as Babri. As long as it is done in a sensible manner I have no issue at all and please do not think that I will not speak out if there is injustice done to Indian Muslims who I consider my brothers and sisters being Indian.

Now a sincere kudos! Dude, no one in Pakistan enjoy Pakistan minority's issues - Pakistan these days is almost a lawless land, be it Muslim or non-Muslim, everybody is having a grave time including law enforcement forces.

P.S: I am not saying minorities here are not facing problems.

@haviZsultan Thanks for your post I appreciate your sincerity, I think it would be really good if there were more minorities from both sides on PDF be it Indian Muslims or Pakistani Hindus/Sikhs etc that way we can engage better and understand the issues without judgement.

I do not know if you think I am a minority in the religious sense but let me explain.

I am a minority in the ideological sense rather than the religious one and my defence of Pakistani Hindus and other minorities stems from these facts:

1) My commitment to secularism as a concept that can help eliminate the tensions and religious issues in Pakistan.
2) My feeling for minorities due to some of the things we suffered and I saw in Sufferers Witness including with a cousin. You see there was the choice to hate Hindus or ensure that no Hindu in Pakistan felt the same way we did. I chose the latter.
3) My lack of commitment to religion and to any religious doctrine as such except for loyalty to family which has had some religious link. I am not an atheist I must admit but not a great believer of the faith I was born in either. I have pride of some past events and some ancient people from this past who preached secularism and tolerance or were part of the golden age also know about history but that's it.

These 3 things I mentioned sometimes isolate me or cause me to be a minority among emotional people as not everyone at home is willing to discuss them or due to a twisted sense of nationalism that leads them to believe discussion of an issue is wrong. Personally I have seen it a lot on discussions of minority affairs in Indian threads as well.

You mentioned the links you personally have with India and I can understand that afterall we lived in one land before partition likewise my forefathers lived in Sindh which is now in Pakistan, it is not God who drew these borders but us mortals but what is done is done now we must look to the future and try to better ties instead of letting the past drag us back.

I understand you feel morally inclined to comment on situation there then especially if you still have relatives. I agree. We must ensure we do not let these things drag us back.

Extremism exist on both sides that much we know and often one episode such as a Babri or a Gujarat means minorities have to bear the brunt which we saw in Bangladesh and Pakistan after communal problems in India that is the sad part.

I agree.

Both our governments have failed the people I just hope if Imran Khan comes to power he can do what he has promised because I feel he is a good man at heart and I liked what he said when he came to India so I keep optimistic that positive change is on it's way.

It seems the entire subcontinent trusts Imran khan. I believe too that positive change is on the way but for a cynic like me there is still something cautious in me. I still support PTI though.

I think the nature of this post was not to discuss the issues of minority rights in Pakistan but to ridicule Pakistan and Pakistanis, as is evident from page 1 onwards where a senior Indian member felt it justified to call most Pakistanis illiterates. This is unacceptable, I have been reading some of the posts since my set exchange with yeti and I am very offended by some of the anti Pakistani nonsense in this thread.

I think these rules need to be revised and enforced on all parties, be they from Pakistan or India.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom