What's new

Shouldn't Pakistanis be classified as 'Urduians'?

PakistaniandProud

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I mean, we do speak Urdu.

Persian speakers = Persians.

Turkish speakers = Turk.

And mostly EVERY Pakistani can speak Urdu, it is our national language!

All though, Urdu isn't our original language I still think that anyone born to a Pakistani should be classified as an Urduian.

Though, Pakistan's case is similar to that of America, Austarlia and Canada's in a way. They're all technically English, yet they classify themselves with different names.

By your lame logic English speakking should be called Englishians and not Americans , Canadians, Btritish, Australians.

Nationality is associated with Country, not nation. Persian is with Persia (Iran) in english in Persian it;s Iranian with Iran, not Farsian with Farsi. Turk is with Turkey. Indian is with India not Hindi.

Turkish speakers = Turk.

All though, Urdu isn't our original language I still think that anyone born to a Pakistani should be classified as an Urduian.

Though, Pakistan's case is similar to that of America, Austarlia and Canada's in a way. They're all technically English, yet they classify themselves with different names.

These different names happen to be their nationalities.

Calling people Persian , Turks, Spanish, Mexican etc has more to do with the region they come from or represent.

When described based in language nations are normally pre fixed - like Spanish speaking ( For S American nations), french speaking former african colonies of Africa etc.

Pak can at best be described as Urdu speaking if the whole nation speaks urdu which I doubt.

If we urduians-
that makes them ********-
and makes the west Englishians-
hmm
NO- :)-

^^ how you know he is not him but is what you think?-

Turkish speakers = Turk.

America is called America because its in American Continent.
Australia is called Australia because of the same reason.
Going by this logic, you should call yourself Asian (becase of the Asia as a continent) or Indian (because Pakistan is in Indian sub continent).

Well this is illogical... S American natives had their separate language of their own, but spanish and portuguse replaced them.. but they dont call themselves spanish or portueguese..
They identify themselves with their country names and the region, which is applicable to pakistan too...
they are pakistanis with Urdu speaking people...

Well this is illogical... S American natives had their separate language of their own, but spanish and portuguse replaced them.. but they dont call themselves spanish or portueguese..
They identify themselves with their country names and the region, which is applicable to pakistan too...
they are pakistanis with Urdu speaking people...
You bring up a good example, but argue the wrong road! Central and South America, save the Brazilians, speak Spanish, and they ARE called Hispanics!

Anyway, childish as the topic may sound, it seems that a question came up in the OP's mind and he simply asked us. So let's not call it lame or whatever else is coming.

No that doesn`t even make sense. Majority of Pakistanis aren`t even native Urdu Speakers. It might have made sense if Pakistan was a homogenus nation but it is made up of a lot of different ethnic and linguistic groups. People are identified by their nationality. And Urduians doesn`t even make sense, the correct term is Urdu Speakers and that is reserved for native Urdu Speakers, whose mother tongue is Urdu like me :)

Back
Top Bottom