What's new

Should we privatize our police?

^^ Who appoint police officers and control transfers and promotions would practically be dictating the police.

If police become independent, than you will start blaming them!

Its better to give independence to people more than policing.. let them solve their own problems, make their own solutions and income source to pay for the administration.

Best option is to control police performance by competition in salaries offered by various districts.

Locals of shall be encouraged to take jobs of local districts.

District police chiefs can co-operate with each other by some workable agreement.

I think giving full autonomy to police is not Privatizing right?

I am in favour of autonomous Police department that works independently and not controlled by the politicians or ministers. No politician should have any right to interfere in Police department. Empowering police department will help improve the Law and order situation in my opinion. At the moment half of the police department is either busy in protocol duties or in preparation of welcoming one minister or another.

Privatizing as a commercial product would be funny option

Yes here lies the point. There should be no external interference by anyone in department affairs like recruitment , training appointments and promotions. Financial systems be so devised that they cannot be pressurized on these matters. However they should be answerable for the net result.

^^ Who appoint police officers and control transfers and promotions would practically be dictating the police.

If police become independent, than you will start blaming them!

Best option is to control police performance by competition in salaries offered by various districts.

District police chiefs can co-operate with each other by some workable agreement.

The person who controls the postings and promotions should be within police hierarchy. Who so ever is mr chief police should be answerable to government about the performance. Discretionary powers must be abolished and in this context examples successful police systems of civilized countries may also be considered.

Its better to give independence to people more than policing.. let them solve their own problems, make their own solutions and income source to pay for the administration.

How many of you guys have a gun at home?
Now why do you have a gun at home?
For show? Or for Security?
If something happens to my family, in Pakistan, you think I will go to the Police? I'm going to get my brothers together and handle the situation.

Its what Lyaris, Pataans, and our Military boys have been doing.

I meant other type of freedom,,, and in reality public is doing much more than what you mention.

We build our roads our self, we build our electricity distribution our self, our sanitary, our gas distribution and solutions of our problems with various govt. offices and private companies!

Still we pay tax to the govt. for all of above services.

I have long advocated Police departments recruiting from local communities they are policing. In the US all Police departments are recruited from the local communities. So the Police for Karachi should be recruited from Karachi and lahore police should be recruited from Lahore. I am against Police in Karachi recruited from Lahore.

I don't know whether it will increase the effectiveness of law enforcement or not, but given the type of politicians and ministers they sure will have an additional source of income.

Police should not be privatized. Otherwise, it will become a business

I have long advocated Police departments recruiting from local communities they are policing. In the US all Police departments are recruited from the local communities. So the Police for Karachi should be recruited from Karachi and lahore police should be recruited from Lahore. I am against Police in Karachi recruited from Lahore.

We need to have conditions where best police officers are sought by the local community on salary higher than US.

Job of police is crime prevention, when one district prove it self crime free, every one would like to have his family and money kept in that district.
District will profit more with the influx of people and thriving business, property prices will soar.

There are lots of local administration jobs where locals can be appointed. e.g. maintenance, development, planning, plantation, health, education, sports...... its a chain reaction.

Good qualified people hired in motorway police so everbody respect them from heart because of their good behaviour, education standard, mannerism etc
Other police is like u abusing some one thats y they are called THULLA
Recent unfortunate incident where 5 police men raped first years student shows how bad they are, their values, culture, behaviour etc
Privitising police is very bad idea, all private companies want to make more money, they hired cheap people as a result failure in quality, some private guards are found inhouse robberies, hijacking and criminal activities
We should have national police force, well trained not look like pregants womens their stomachs like pregannts with lot of bribe and robberies inside and than should have anti corruption unit like HAWKS IN SOUTH AFRICA, good people to run and modernise police

This is a silly thread title, yet ironic.

Dear we are in a state that we are precisely BECAUSE our police is privatized.

It belongs to the political and feudal lords. and thus the state of lawless anarchy that we face.

If police was brought up as a national institution without any outside interference things would have been much much better.

Back
Top Bottom